Author Topic: Expect an 'After Easter' Bombshell Announcement From Speaker Ryan  (Read 383 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Expect an 'After Easter' Bombshell Announcement From Speaker Ryan
Myra Adams
3/16/2018 12:01:00 AM - Myra Adams

Mark your calendars! As if there isn’t enough daily drama swirling around Washington, in early or mid-April there is likely to be an announcement that will titillate the nation’s capital more than a Stormy Daniels interview on “60 Minutes.”

According to a frontline GOP strategist (name asked to be withheld) “after Easter” is when House Speaker Paul Ryan will announce his decision whether or not to run for reelection in Wisconsin’s 1st congressional district. Speaker Ryan, age 48, has represented his home district since winning the seat in 1998 at age 28.

Ryan’s 2018 reelection decision is imminent given Wisconsin’s filing deadline of June 1 with an August 14 primary. Thus, April is the expected time frame when this strategist believes the speaker will drop his bombshell.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/myraadams/2018/03/16/expect-an-after-easter-bombshell-announcement-from-speaker-ryan-n2461284
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Expect an 'After Easter' Bombshell Announcement From Speaker Ryan
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 03:03:23 pm »
While I've always been skeptical of these types of reports, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's had enough. The guy's been smeared on both the left and the right, and besides, most indications were that he never wanted the Speaker job in the first place and only took it because they couldn't agree on anyone else.

I hope he has the ability to spin this in a way that can save some face.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 03:19:39 pm »
While I've always been skeptical of these types of reports, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's had enough. The guy's been smeared on both the left and the right, and besides, most indications were that he never wanted the Speaker job in the first place and only took it because they couldn't agree on anyone else.

I hope he has the ability to spin this in a way that can save some face.

It's the blasts from conservatives that have to be disappointing.  Ryan has never had enough of a conservative majority in the House to do everything he wanted, and when he did get majorities for good bills, they were killed in the Senate.

Ryan is the most powerful political figure in decades to actually propose and push for major entitlement reform.  And he keeps having to pull knives out of his back anyway from people who don't understand that half a loaf is better than none.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 12:16:57 am »
Take your leave, Mr. Ryan... please.

I'd suggest David Brat of Virginia (the man who deposed Eric Cantor) as a possible replacement.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 12:52:21 am »
So, he is going to say, "I am running", or "I am not running".  I do not see a bomb coming from either statement.