Author Topic: DHS: Expired DACA Recipients not a priority for Arrest or Removal  (Read 466 times)

rangerrebew

DHS: Expired DACA Recipients not a priority for Arrest or Removal

Thu, Mar 8th 2018 @ 9:39 am EST

DHS Press Sec. Tyler Houlton announced that the agency will not arrest current DACA recipients with pending renewal applications or those with expired protections. Additionally, USCIS will continue to accept new renewal applications.

The Trump Administration announced an end to Pres. Obama’s unconstitutional DACA executive amnesty program on Sept. 5, 2017. At that time, the Administration stopped adjudicating new DACA requests and announced that it would only process renewal applications that were set to expire before March 5, 2018 until October 5, 2017. But rulings by federal judges in both California and New York placed an injunction on the Trump Administration’s halting of the program, and as a result, USCIS restarted the adjudication of renewal applications in January.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/dhs-expired-daca-recipients-not-priority-arrest-or-removal

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: DHS: Expired DACA Recipients not a priority for Arrest or Removal
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 03:33:37 pm »
Why is this official not fired for blatantly refusing to comply with federal laws?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 02:04:18 am »
Why is this official not fired for blatantly refusing to comply with federal laws?

Which official?  The spokesman?  Why?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 02:38:55 am »
Which official?  The spokesman?  Why?
Are you serious?

Federal laws say it is a felony to commit certain crimes, including being here in this country illegally.

Any federal official charged with not apprehending or abetting a felon is guilty of committing a crime.

What exactly are you trying to portray?  No one is culpable?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 05:55:29 am »
Are you serious?

Federal laws say it is a felony to commit certain crimes, including being here in this country illegally.

Any federal official charged with not apprehending or abetting a felon is guilty of committing a crime.

What exactly are you trying to portray?  No one is culpable?

Fire the people who write the policy, not the person who simply announces it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:56:16 am by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 12:33:23 pm »
Fire the people who write the policy, not the person who simply announces it.
A spokesman who advocates breaking federal law is indeed culpable and should be prosecuted for abetting federal law breakers.

Both are guilty.