Author Topic: Florida sheriff’s office releases surveillance video from school shooting  (Read 714 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida sheriff’s office releases surveillance video from school shooting
By Julia Manchester - 03/15/18 01:05 PM EDT

The Broward County Sheriff's office on Thursday released a portion of the surveillance footage from last month's shooting at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

The 27-minute video appears to show school resource deputy Scot Peterson outside of the building when the shooting took place, but not going into the building.

more w/video
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/378606-florida-sheriffs-office-releases-surveillance-video-from-school
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's not the time for Bravado to say "I would have gone in"; we don't know unless we've been there, maybe they were following some sort of procedure, but nonetheless, armed, maybe with a bulletproof vest, I don't think it would be so hard to NOT go in.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's not the time for Bravado to say "I would have gone in"; we don't know unless we've been there, maybe they were following some sort of procedure, but nonetheless, armed, maybe with a bulletproof vest, I don't think it would be so hard to NOT go in.

They actually went against procedure.

The Broward County materials direct that if four officers are on the scene of an active shooter incident they are to form a “Quad” formation and enter the building.

The lesson plan instructs officers to immediately confront a shooter:

"History shows when a suspect is confronted by any armed individual (police, security, concealed carry person) they either shoot it out with that person or kill themselves. Either way, the shooting of innocent bystanders must stop. Now, the first officer or two officers on scene will immediately go to confront the shooter. Military tactics work well in this situation. The two man “bounding overwatch” is our response."

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-broward-county-sheriffs-office-training-materials-say-first-one-two-officers-scene-confront-shooter/

There's this thing called selfless service and putting others needs over your own.  These guys took an oath to do just that.

They failed at that oath.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
More from the link:

The lesson plan clearly states: “If you are on scene or in the area and hear gunshots, you should immediately access what you have and prepare to respond. Remember, every time you hear a gunshot in an active shooter incident; you have to believe that is another victim being killed.”
The training materials also state that the first officers on the scene will “engage the suspect,” which Peterson did not do. “There are now three teams during Active Shooter Incident [Contact, Extraction and Rescue Task Force]: Contact Team: Is first on scene, 1-4 deputies, they will be actively engaging/searching for suspect (HOT ZONE).”
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Fox News
By Katherine Lam
2 hours ago

Broward Deputy Scot Peterson stands safely behind a concrete wall taking no action as high school students lay dead and wounded just feet away, newly released video of the Florida school shooting shows.

The Broward Sheriff’s Office released the 27-minute video Thursday of the former longtime resource officer responding to initial reports of a shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14. Peterson, who was assigned to the school and on site when the shooting began, is seen with a civilian security monitor at the start of the video, but spends most of the video standing outside the school with his gun drawn.

“The video speaks for itself,” the Broward Sheriff’s Office said in a statement. “His actions were enough to warrant an internal affairs investigation, as requested by Sheriff Scott Israel on Feb. 21. After being suspended without pay, Peterson chose to resign and immediately retired rather than face possible termination.”

(more)
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/15/broward-deputy-scot-peterson-seen-standing-outside-during-florida-school-shooting-in-new-video.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

It gets worse. The link below has the dispatch audio from Peterson while the shooting was occuring. It is hard to listen to. It contradicts many of the excuses he claimed after the shooting as to why he hid instead of doing something proactive to end the shootings. He is clearly scared and panicked out his mind.

Not only did Scot Peterson cower outside and refuse to go in, but in a clearly panicked and hysterical voice he yells at all the other responders to stay 500 feet away from the scene until the shooter is finished.

What this guy did in the face of danger is indescribable. His blatant cowardice caused who knows how many children and faculty to die, either from the shots or from bleeding out while he was hiding, crying, and screaming STAY AWAY! from behind a concrete wall outside.

Disgraced Parkland deputy heard shots inside school building, told cops to stay away

Miami Hearald
BY DAVID OVALLE, CHARLES RABIN, DAVID SMILEY AND CARLI TEPROFF

Roundly vilified for not entering a Parkland high school during a mass shooting, Broward Deputy Scot Peterson insisted publicly that he believed that gunfire was happening outside on campus — not inside the building.

But internal radio dispatches released by the Broward Sheriff’s Office Thursday show Peterson immediately fixated on Building 12 and even radioed that gunfire was happening “inside.”

And, just as school shooter Nikolas Cruz was fleeing the building after killing 17 people, Peterson warned his fellow officers to stay away — even as wounded students and staff lay inside.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article204226584.html
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Mod2

Merged threads

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@240B
But were supposed to depend on the govt to protect us in these situations.

Might as well do away with the police and just have a van to cart bodies away.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@240B
But were supposed to depend on the govt to protect us in these situations.

Might as well do away with the police and just have a van to cart bodies away.
@driftdiver

I have seen this behavior in the military. There are people who join the military because they think it is free food, free money, and camping out. When things get real, when people are dying and your life is in real danger, some people just fold, start crying, and go hide somewhere (as if that will help them). They become totally irrational and were literally out of their minds.

We had people who would run and hide, people who were stoic and just did their job in the middle of chaos, and then we had the warriors who would charge the danger. Peterson is obviously a run and hide type. He does not belong in the Police service or in any armed service in my opinion. He should have been an accountant, or a dentist, (no offense intended) not a Cop. He doesn't have the right stuff.

They call it trial by fire for a reason. That is how we would weed out excess baggage like Mr. Peterson.

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver

I have seen this behavior in the military. There are people who join the military because they think it is free food, free money, and camping out. When things get real, when people are dying and your life is in real danger, some people just fold, start crying, and go hide somewhere (as if that will help them). They become totally irrational and were literally out of their minds.

We had people who would run and hide, people who were stoic and just did their job in the middle of chaos, and then we had the warriors who would charge the danger. Peterson is obviously a run and hide type. He does not belong in the Police service or in any armed service in my opinion. He should have been an accountant, or a dentist, (no offense intended) not a Cop. He doesn't have the right stuff.

They call it trial by fire for a reason. That is how we would weed out excess baggage like Mr. Peterson.

@240B
Id wager his first thought was "I'm not risking my pension for a bunch of kids"

The list of govt failures on this is long and distinguished.   And nothing is going to be done.   Except our Gov who is running for Senate suddenly cares.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
@driftdiver

@driftdiver Based on your experience, do you think there are ways to identify these people in the military before they get into a battle?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:13:25 am by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

It's not the time for Bravado to say "I would have gone in"

Nah, that was like three weeks ago when POTUS said it.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver Based on your experience, do you think there are ways to identify these people in the military before they get into a battle?

@LauraTXNM

Not entirely.   They can be thinned out by training and having someone who knows watch.  Most cops wont run under fire so its not that hard to tell.

Offline LauraTXNM

@LauraTXNM

Not entirely.   They can be thinned out by training and having someone who knows watch.  Most cops wont run under fire so its not that hard to tell.

@driftdiver In the military, that must be terrifying, not to know how the people around you will react.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver In the military, that must be terrifying, not to know how the people around you will react.

@LauraTXNM
In military combat units you are very very close to those around you.   You generally know them very well.  The training tends to bring out the good and bad in people so there aren't that many surprises.

In non-combat units people are still very close but they don't get as much training.  There its a bit more of an issue.   For me the greater concern was the incompetent senior enlisted and officers which were over me.   People who at that time didn't have any experience but pretended they were rambo.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

@LauraTXNM

My experience tells me  a certain fellow reacting properly this time is absolutely no assurance he will do the same next time.  I was in several scrapes during my time in the military one of which got really heated.  When it was over everyone in my squad save two was either out or nearly out of ammo.  Those two still had their full combat loads on them.  Never fired a shot the entire time. The next day they were transfered out and I never saw them again.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:44:32 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LauraTXNM

@driftdiver @Bigun
I wanted to be sure to thank you all for your answers, and even more for your service!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@driftdiver @Bigun
I wanted to be sure to thank you all for your answers, and even more for your service!

@LauraTXNM

You are MOST welcome!   888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien