Author Topic: Prosecutors Drop Most Serious Assault Charges in Penn State Hazing Death  (Read 270 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Pennsylvania prosecutors are dropping all assault charges against members of a now-closed Penn State fraternity in the hazing death of a pledge, sparing defendants the most serious allegations any had faced.

The attorney general's office announced Thursday that it will continue to pursue involuntary manslaughter charges against five former members of Beta

Theta Pi in the February 2017 death of 19-year-old pledge Tim Piazza of Lebanon, New Jersey. But those don't carry the lengthy prison sentences that some of the assault charges did.

The state is now handling the case on referral from a new county district attorney.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Penn-State-Timothy-Piazza-Death-Assault-Charges-476980493.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I'm interested in hazing, since my fraternity had a tough process. Pledges had to want to be in the brotherhood, because they would endure hardships.

Hell Weekend, was 3 days of hell. Eating from your Pledge Apple, a whole onion of a string around your neck, as just one example. Hard labor, interrupted sleep,  lots of pushups, finishing up dipped in molasses and covered in leaves, a taken 100 miles away to a dirt road in the desert in the winter.

Tradition dictated each pledge be given a dime for a phone call, and a single beer. We walked in single file, wrapped in blankets, to Banning California. Called people that expected call, but not knowing where or when.

When I got to my grandmothers house I was exhausted, looked awful, slept for another day.

Two of the actives from that semester became Superior Court judges, and one probably opposes hazing, now.

We were never forced to drink alcohol. Nobody was injured beyond repair. But it was challenging. I was pledge class president. I don't identify the organization, since secrecy is part of the promise.

SJWs of the present era would cringe in fear. But the prize was entry to a well respected national fraternity, with parties and hot chicks.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln