Author Topic: ITV News: Wind Farm Blades Eroding After Few Years At Sea  (Read 333 times)

rangerrebew

ITV News: Wind Farm Blades Eroding After Few Years At Sea
« on: March 15, 2018, 04:04:05 pm »

ITV News: Wind Farm Blades Eroding After Few Years At Sea
March 14, 2018
t

By Paul Homewood

Talking of wind power costs, a special ITV report this week reveals how 140 turbine blades are having to be replaced because of erosion at the London Array, only launched in 2013:

An investigation by ITV News Meridian has revealed that turbine blades at the world’s largest offshore wind farm off Kent have developed a fault.

Actress and activist Emma Thompson has even fronted a controversial Greenpeace campaign, claiming wind power costs have halved.

However, this video has since been removed from their website and social media sites.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2018/03/14/itv-news-wind-farm-blades-eroding-after-few-years-at-sea/

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: ITV News: Wind Farm Blades Eroding After Few Years At Sea
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 05:07:06 pm »
My oh my! Who would have ever thought that water drop impingement on moving blades would erode said blades?

If no engineer ever brought this up during the project design phase, all involved in it are incompetent boobs and have no business being engineers. OTOH, I'd bet someone did but was overruled by management, which again means incompetent boobs that have no business managing big projects.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 05:24:53 pm »
Just think how nice the world would be if envirowhackos were rounded up by aliens and hauled off to their land of skittles and unicorns.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 02:45:21 am »
Maybe this is due to slicing up thousands of seabirds who dare to fly nearby?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington