Author Topic: Russian Plane Loses Gold Bars Worth $378 M After Door Breaks  (Read 556 times)

Offline thackney

Russian Plane Loses Gold Bars Worth $378 M After Door Breaks
« on: March 15, 2018, 05:47:26 pm »
Russian Plane Loses Gold Bars Worth $378 M After Door Breaks
https://themoscowtimes.com/news/russian-plane-loses-gold-bars-worth-378-m-after-door-breaks-60818
March 15 2018

A reported 200 bars of gold and other precious metals have scattered across an airport runway in Russia after a cargo plane door broke off upon takeoff.

Strong winds blew off the Nimbus Airline An-12 cargo plane door upon takeoff from Yakutsk Airport, airport officials told Interfax on Thursday.

After the incident, the plane crew made an emergency landing in a village airport some 12 kilometers from Yakutsk.

The local YakutiaMedia news website cited witnesses as saying that they spotted gold bars, as well as diamonds and bars of platinum across the runway. ...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Re: Russian Plane Loses Gold Bars Worth $378 M After Door Breaks
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 05:52:09 pm »
About 3.4 tons of gold fell from the plane to the runway of Yakutsk airport
http://tass.ru/proisshestviya/5032085

...Earlier it was reported that when taking off from the airport of Yakutsk from the An-12 of the airline "Nimbus", the left flap of the cargo hatch was broken by an air flow. The crew decided to return to the airport of departure.

"According to preliminary information, 172 ingots weighing about 3.4 tons were found, the cargo crumbled along the runway (the Yakutsk airport) due to the fact that the cargo was incorrectly fixed." Some of the gold fell out, there were about 9 tons, "- said in the linear department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs....

I'm having a hard time visualizing how this cargo plane was loaded such that a door would cause such heavy cargo to be spread around.  Wasn't it on pallets wrapped up or containers?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Russian Plane Loses Gold Bars Worth $378 M After Door Breaks
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 06:10:58 pm »
About 3.4 tons of gold fell from the plane to the runway of Yakutsk airport
http://tass.ru/proisshestviya/5032085

I'm having a hard time visualizing how this cargo plane was loaded such that a door would cause such heavy cargo to be spread around.  Wasn't it on pallets wrapped up or containers?

With this event, I am also sure that this gold will have to go through a re-assay.  And I bet that a'int cheap.  Vlad might be bringing some his London tactics to some warehouse guys.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.