Author Topic: Attorney General Sessions’s Recusal Was Unnecessary  (Read 184 times)

Offline endicom

Attorney General Sessions’s Recusal Was Unnecessary
« on: March 15, 2018, 02:21:47 pm »
National Review
Andrew C. McCarthy
Mar. 13, 2018

The regulation he cited applies to a different type of investigation.

I have argued that Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s recusal from the so-called Russia investigation was a mistake. The attorney general’s testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday afternoon bolstered this conclusion.

Sessions says that he recused himself, on the advice of career ethics experts at the Justice Department, because he thought this was required by the federal regulation controlling “Disqualification arising from personal or political relationship” (28 CFR Sec. 45.2). But judging from the public testimony that former FBI director James Comey has given about the investigation into Russia’s election-meddling, the regulation did not mandate recusal.

Section 45.2 states that an official is disqualified from “a criminal investigation or prosecution” if he has a personal or political relationship with a “subject of the investigation or prosecution,” or with a person or organization whose interests would be affected by the outcome “of the investigation or prosecution.” (Emphasis added.)

More... https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/06/jeff-sessions-recusal-unnecessary/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Attorney General Sessions’s Recusal Was Unnecessary
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 02:30:55 pm »
Sessions entire time in Washington D.C. was unnecessary. He is a weasel and a coward. He hides under his desk from any real issues like Mueller, Rosenstein, or Hillary, but he pops up to grab low hanging fruit like MS13 and pot.

I have always said that Sessions is not nefarious. He has no conspiracy or agenda. He is simply a cringing coward who is in a job which is much too big for him. Sessions is a simpleton and a coward. He cannot do the job.

The sooner Sessions goes, the better it will be for America.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

Re: Attorney General Sessions’s Recusal Was Unnecessary
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 02:33:40 pm »
Sessions entire time in Washington D.C. was unnecessary. He is a weasel and a coward. He hides under his desk from any real issues like Mueller, Rosenstein, or Hillary, but he pops up to grab low hanging fruit like MS13 and pot.

I have always said that Sessions is not nefarious. He has no conspiracy or agenda. He is simply a cringing coward who is in a job which is much too big for him. Sessions is a simpleton and a coward. He cannot do the job.

The sooner Sessions goes, the better it will be for America.

I've been trying to withhold judgment on Session's performance but he's just not showing any.