Author Topic: Trump: Some immigrants crossing border are like 'professional mountain climbers'  (Read 261 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
As President Donald Trump stood by eight prototypes of a wall in San Diego on the U.S. border with Mexico, he made a comment about the wall's height that surprised some.

Trump said he preferred the taller walls, saying they acted as a deterrent to people crossing illegally, whom he compared to "professional mountain climbers."

His full comments were: "The larger it is, the better it is because it's very hard to get over the top. It's really deterrent from getting over the top. Who would think, who would think. But getting over the top is easy. These are like professional mountain climbers. They’re incredible climbers. They can’t climb some of these walls. Some of them they can. Those are the walls we’re not using."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/border-issues/2018/03/13/trump-compares-some-immigrants-crossing-border-professional-mountain-climbers/421682002/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The ones who climb aren't the ones you should worry about as much as the ones who built very elaborate tunnels well below the border, some with their own rail system. Much deeper than they will dig  in the foundation of the wall.

The climbers are then amateurs. This is how the mass get through. https://www.cnn.com/2015/10/23/us/drug-super-tunnel-tijuana-san-diego/index.html

(Not even getting into the fact most illegals don't just 'walk' across the border. A vast majority come legally and overstay permits.

I would bet within a day of an official wall section going up, it would be defeated in some way. Until the magnet bringing people is turned off, people will find a way through.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 05:48:40 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Wouldn’t the ‘professional mountain climbers’ cross the border over the mountains, where there is no wall?

We are going to build a rock climbing wall and Mexico is going to pay for it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

Sometimes I wonder if he's really just mocking his supporters, seeing how far he can push the limits before they realize how stupid it all is.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn