Author Topic: 18TH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT SPECIAL ELECTION  (Read 5152 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: 18TH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT SPECIAL ELECTION
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2018, 01:20:11 pm »
At some point the "we just ran a crap candidate" excuse won't explain the loss of control of the House and Possibly the Senate.

People will have to face the hard reality of why all those seats were lost.

The GOP has a bunch of crap candidates.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2018, 01:21:12 pm »
The GOP has a bunch of crap candidates.

So when/if we lose the House and possibly the Senate...all of those people running were crap candidates?

Seriously?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2018, 01:29:58 pm »
So when/if we lose the House and possibly the Senate...all of those people running were crap candidates?

Seriously?

Well, the GOP is well known for running "next-in-line" crap candidates, so it's not as ridiculous as it sounds on its face.  McCain was next in line.  Twice.  Romney was next in line.  Dole was next in line.  Bush I was next in line.  Even Reagan was next in line.  Only Bush II and Trump broke that trend, and we saw how that worked out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2018, 01:31:53 pm »
Not only did I want the GOP to lose this seat, I wanted them to lose it by a landslide.

I am happy for you.

:lotsosmileys: :elephant: :elephant: :0012: :Odance: :broc: :cheerlead: :dancer: :headbang: :dancer: :cheerlead: :broc: :0012: :Odance: :elephant: :elephant: :lotsosmileys:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2018, 01:32:29 pm »
Well, the GOP is well known for running "next-in-line" crap candidates, so it's not as ridiculous as it sounds on its face.  McCain was next in line.  Twice.  Romney was next in line.  Dole was next in line.  Bush I was next in line.  Even Reagan was next in line.  Only Bush II and Trump broke that trend, and we saw how that worked out.

@Cyber Liberty

That's for President...not for the House or Senate.  We usually have some bright star in Congress...to say that all of the candidates are "crap" right now is just excuse making for losing and what's looming in November IMO.

And as for Reagan being "next in line"...he muscled his way to the front of the line...H.W. Bush was the establishment choice...ANYONE but Reagan was who the GOP wanted against Carter in 1980.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2018, 01:37:40 pm »

Seriously?

These losses are due to Trump’s “popularity.”  And the Democrats finding out that the way to victory in these districts is not to run  Bernie Sanders, Hollywood, ANTIFA leftists
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2018, 01:41:40 pm »
At some point the "we just ran a crap candidate" excuse won't explain the loss of control of the House and Possibly the Senate.

It's not an excuse.  It's an explanation.  As for losing the House, I don't think the Establishment really cares as long as they keep getting their perks.  When in the minority, they don't have to do a thing, yet still get full pay and benefits.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2018, 01:47:07 pm »
I don't know that Saccone was such a bad candidate. The anti-gun, pro-abortion, anti-Israel Lamb pretended he was just the opposite of what he truly is. In other words, Lamb ran as a moderate, even though his views are solidly leftist. I guess people in PA were too lazy to find out the truth about him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2018, 01:48:24 pm »
...ANYONE but Reagan was who the GOP wanted against Carter in 1980.

That applies to 1976, too.  I seem to recall the Establishment hiring Paul Manafort to kill off Reagan's bid and secure the nomination for Ford.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2018, 01:49:20 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

That's for President...not for the House or Senate.  We usually have some bright star in Congress...to say that all of the candidates are "crap" right now is just excuse making for losing and what's looming in November IMO.

And as for Reagan being "next in line"...he muscled his way to the front of the line...H.W. Bush was the establishment choice...ANYONE but Reagan was who the GOP wanted against Carter in 1980.

It's not just President, that's the example I used that everybody can see.  In AZ, I've seen this straight up and down the line.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2018, 01:53:08 pm »
I'm going to depart from the crowd here and wait for some OFFICIAL results before I chime in.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2018, 01:54:51 pm »
I'm going to depart from the crowd here and wait for some OFFICIAL results before I chime in.

That will be awhile.  From what I heard on TeeVee last night, the automatic recount threshold is .5%, and the count is well within that.  Votes are still being counted, too.
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2018, 01:56:35 pm »
Well, the GOP is well known for running "next-in-line" crap candidates, so it's not as ridiculous as it sounds on its face. 

What was Hillary?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2018, 01:57:10 pm »
That applies to 1976, too.  I seem to recall the Establishment hiring Paul Manafort to kill off Reagan's bid and secure the nomination for Ford.

@Hoodat yup he was the vote counter that got the votes to put Ford over the edge on IIRC the third recount at the Convention that year.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2018, 01:58:26 pm »
It's not just President, that's the example I used that everybody can see.  In AZ, I've seen this straight up and down the line.

McCain...with the help of McConnell has done a wonderful job of squashing any challenger to what he thinks is HIS Senate seat.

And then there is Flake.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2018, 01:58:35 pm »
What was Hillary?

A two time next in line loser, because the universe really hates her.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2018, 02:01:13 pm »
That will be awhile.  From what I heard on TeeVee last night, the automatic recount threshold is .5%, and the count is well within that.  Votes are still being counted, too.

Going to be weeks, maybe months before this is decided.  Maybe even court challenges. 

Meanwhile, depending on how the redistricting mess in PA is finally resolved, the eventual winner might end up being sworn in, then having to resign a few weeks or months later if his district is realigned or disappears. 

Ain't politics fun?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2018, 02:01:30 pm »

And while they are still counting BOTH candidates are going to have to decide whether or not to run in the new district.  This one is only good for 9 more months.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2018, 02:07:12 pm »
I didn’t follow this campaign so maybe he was a crap candidate and maybe he wasn’t. But this was Trump country and the republican voters knew the significance of holding this seat but too many stayed home or even a crap candidate would have won. This one is on the voters
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2018, 02:07:57 pm »
What was Hillary?

Hillary is proof that running legacy party candidates does not work.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2018, 02:10:31 pm »
I didn’t follow this campaign so maybe he was a crap candidate and maybe he wasn’t. But this was Trump country and the republican voters knew the significance of holding this seat

Yet the Party didn't care.  Bottom line - the Democrats wanted this win .ore than the GOP, and they worked harder to win it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2018, 02:16:34 pm »
What was Hillary?

A rarity for that party.  Kerry was too.

They run inexperienced boobs, we run long in the tooth swamp creatures.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2018, 02:18:20 pm »

People will have to face the hard reality of why all those seats were lost.

Well why don't you enlighten us. Show me where in any of these special elections that the GOPer was a better quality candidate than the Rat. I was involved in state politics for years and I don't care what, if you run a low energy undynamic person in a local election they will lose no matter how good their message.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2018, 02:18:45 pm »
Going to be weeks, maybe months before this is decided.  Maybe even court challenges. 

Meanwhile, depending on how the redistricting mess in PA is finally resolved, the eventual winner might end up being sworn in, then having to resign a few weeks or months later if his district is realigned or disappears. 

Ain't politics fun?

I haven't heard of any pushback from the GOP in PA over the court's usurping the power to draw the district lines, so it will probably be a Dem favored seat.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2018, 02:20:18 pm »
Yet the Party didn't care.  Bottom line - the Democrats wanted this win .ore than the GOP, and they worked harder to win it.

Exactly. Suckone held two low key events his last weekend before the election. Just pathetic.