Author Topic: 18TH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT SPECIAL ELECTION  (Read 5122 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: 18TH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT SPECIAL ELECTION
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2018, 03:21:14 am »
Washington County now counting absentee 1,195 ballots tonight, he says several hours to count them.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2018, 03:22:38 am »
Drew Gray Miller@DrewGrayMiller

We're only a few hours away from me being the most hated man in America #PA18
7:38 PM - 13 Mar 2018 from Pittsburgh, PA

Nobody was forced to vote for the guy.     :shrug:
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2018, 03:24:51 am »
Westmoreland County putting absentee ballots in counter now.  Total soon.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2018, 03:43:22 am »
Washington County now counting absentee 1,195 ballots tonight, he says several hours to count them.

87 voters chose to vote for Mickey Mouse and may have cost the Republicans this election.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2018, 03:44:35 am »
Ben Shapiro@benshapiro

In the seven special elections held in 2017, the average shift from 2016 results was D+16. Tonight, it's D+20. 2018 will be very, very ugly unless something cataclysmic happens for GOP.

Worth noting: all the normal factors should be cutting in GOP favor, outside of being the party in power. The economy is good, and we have no serious foreign crises. Which says that the popularity of the president is a serious factor in Democratic turnout.

All the talk about Lamb running as a Republican is beside the point. He's a Democrat tailored for the district. If Democrats are smart enough to run non-Pelosi types in red districts, that will exacerbate the GOP wipeout.

And as @ezraklein notes, there are 118 Republican-held seats that went for Trump by fewer points than PA-18. The vast majority will go Republican, of course. But Dems only need 24.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2018, 03:44:47 am »
87 voters chose to vote for Mickey Mouse and may have cost the Republicans this election.

I've never seen Mickey, but I've seen Bart Simpson a few times,
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2018, 03:51:46 am »

Those voters made the wisest selection of candidate in that race. Good for them.

Offline edpc

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2018, 03:55:52 am »
All the talk about Lamb running as a Republican is beside the point. He's a Democrat tailored for the district. If Democrats are smart enough to run non-Pelosi types in red districts, that will exacerbate the GOP wipeout.

They've openly courted veteran pro-life Dems in my area and surrounding states.  If they can actually find any, I don't think people will be fooled.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2018, 03:58:55 am »
Those voters made the wisest selection of candidate in that race. Good for them.
In any case this race looks ripe to be Frankened
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2018, 04:00:50 am »

They've openly courted veteran pro-life Dems in my area and surrounding states.  If they can actually find any, I don't think people will be fooled.

What Ben is missing is that in all these special elections the state GOP pushed garbage next in line losers as candidates. The state GOPs need to think outside of the box and stop with these lazy morons running on legacy or name recognition or just because they lost the last election and are owed.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2018, 04:02:46 am »

Maybe we didn't have the greatest candidate but anyone who thinks losing this election to a democrat is a good thing is a fool.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2018, 04:05:52 am »
I'm still here, waiting on numbers.

Offline edpc

« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2018, 04:07:46 am »
What Ben is missing is that in all these special elections the state GOP pushed garbage next in line losers as candidates. The state GOPs need to think outside of the box and stop with these lazy morons running on legacy or name recognition or just because they lost the last election and are owed.

The redistricting fight will make it more problematic no matter who they run, correct?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2018, 04:12:06 am »
Maybe we didn't have the greatest candidate but anyone who thinks losing this election to a democrat is a good thing is a fool.

Really? I live here in PA. What you think is a Republican isn't what one is here. They are all middle of the road, all talk and no action garbage. Ever hear of Charlie Dent? He is the so called GOP'er in my district who is pro abortion, anti gun and spends all his down time at No Labels meetings and on MSNBC bashing the President of his own party. They gerrymandered him the most ridiculously Conservative seat because the state party thinks he is Right Wing. The GOP controls the House and Senate and can't do anything but spend us into the 2nd most indebted state next to CT. We are drowning in debt and stupidity.

Not only did I want the GOP to lose this seat, I wanted them to lose it by a landslide. It is time that the garbage in Harrisburg wake the hell up and start taking the fielding of candidates seriously. From everything that Connor Lamb has said, he is to the right of Suckone. I'm done with the bullshit.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2018, 04:17:38 am »

The redistricting fight will make it more problematic no matter who they run, correct?

That whole mess is the doing of the GOP in the state. They made some of the most insane districts for their pals to stay safe. My state senate district takes an hour to drive from one end to the other. They had to put a branch office in my area because the stupid azzhole lives so far away. The SC has no business making up their own map, but they had a good reason to make the GOP redo it.

Just look at this insanity they crafted for Eastern PA. It's disgusting......

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2018, 04:54:29 am »
11:45 pm, central time, Democrat Conor Lamb declares victory in Penn. 18th Congressional District.

CNN has Lamb 49.8, Saccone 49.6. CNN has "race too close to call".

I'll stay up a while longer to see if numbers change.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 04:54:48 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2018, 05:44:10 am »
No Comment....
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2018, 05:48:41 am »
No Comment....

Isn't that a comment?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2018, 05:56:51 am »
Isn't that a comment?

After being ripped on the Roy Moore threads... I am just going to take the high road.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2018, 06:07:06 am »
After being ripped on the Roy Moore threads... I am just going to take the high road.

LOL. You don't want to comment but you drop Cowboy Roy's name. You may as well yell "abortion rules" at nunnery.

Offline edpc

« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2018, 11:49:35 am »

Well, you can't say Saccone was hamstrung by the establishment not wanting to have an outsider in DC.  He was the establishment choice.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2018, 12:31:18 pm »

DITTO
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2018, 12:37:07 pm »

Roy Moore is the one who got ripped.  And deservedly so.  He was a bad candidate who didn't think he needed to campaign to win.  Just like this guy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2018, 01:01:30 pm »
Ok, guys, local news is reporting that Connor Lamb has declared victory, but the race is still too close to call.  Saccone has not conceded.  The outlying counties are still counting and an election official in Washington County said it might take weeks before results can be certified. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2018, 01:08:04 pm »
At some point the "we just ran a crap candidate" excuse won't explain the loss of control of the House and Possibly the Senate.

People will have to face the hard reality of why all those seats were lost.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 01:08:27 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!