Author Topic: McCain: Trump’s CIA pick was involved in ‘one of the darkest chapters in American history’  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

McCain: Trump’s CIA pick was involved in ‘one of the darkest chapters in American history’
MSN News, Mar 13, 2018, The Hill

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Tuesday condemned President Trump's decision to nominate Gina Haspel to become the director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), saying she was involved in "one of darkest chapters in American history."

While he expressed confidence in current CIA Director Mike Pompeo's ability to serve as secretary of State, an appointment Trump announced earlier Tuesday, McCain said in a statement that Haspel needs to explain her stance on torture.

"The torture of detainees in U.S. custody during the last decade was one of the darkest chapters in American history," McCain said. "Ms. Haspel needs to explain the nature and extent of her involvement in the CIA's interrogation program during the confirmation process."

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mccain-trumps-cia-pick-was-involved-in-one-of-the-darkest-chapters-in-american-history/ar-BBKaZB5?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Offline Right_in_Virginia

McCain is unhappy.

This pleases me.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I predicted on another thread he would call on Dr Feelgood to somehow, some way get him back into the Senate to grandstand on this appointment.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Ain't he dead yet?  My Dead Pool on him is busted if he doesn't cash it in By 4/1
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:47:59 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

Ain't he dead yet?  My Dead Pool on him is busted if he doesn't cash it in By 4/1

If someone has 4/1, how will they know it's true?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
McCain, you need to swallow your galaxy sized ego and step down. You have no claim to the people's seat that you are not bodily able to handle the responsiblity of.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I doubt he is well enough to make it to D.C. He may try to tough it out, maybe. But even if he does, he will not last very long. Like him or hate him the practical fact is that he is a dead man walking. Fate has told him overwhelmingly that it is time to resign and enjoy whatever time he has left being with his family. But because of his greedy vindictive nature he simply cannot let go.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:56:55 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Thanks ... I didn't know that there was even a dead pool going on!  He may try to make one 'grand entry' in the Senate so that people can applaud him and give him a pat on the back ... they rest of us will be puking.

I'm betting sometime in August; about a year after his diagnosis.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
She helped save many American lives.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online rustynail

Wisdom  from beyond the grave?

Offline Hoodat

McCain: Trump’s CIA pick was involved in ‘one of the darkest chapters in American history’

The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

Hey Crazy Johnnie. Just die already, and do me a favor and make it painful.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Would someone just go and pull the freaking plug on Mccainiac's life support system and do everyone in the country a favor?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

If someone has 4/1, how will they know it's true?

I don't understand the question.  But I know the answer.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't understand the question.  But I know the answer.

Huh?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant

And I personally think McCain should be dunked a few times himself.  He says he was tortured, I know.  Right.

He is going to survive until his death.  Whatever.  Get him out of here.  I am sick of the phone calls from Cottonwood.

Arrrgghhhh!  I do not like heeeem!

:facepalm2:
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Water boarding is nowhere close to being life threatening. But it does scare the prisoner a lot.

Mental. They have been trained. John knows all that. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

Water boarding is nowhere close to being life threatening. But it does scare the prisoner a lot.

Probably not anymore. Now that the method is known, they probably prepare for it in their little terrorist classrooms.  Talk about revealing sources and methods.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
I doubt he is well enough to make it to D.C. He may try to tough it out, maybe. But even if he does, he will not last very long. Like him or hate him the practical fact is that he is a dead man walking. Fate has told him overwhelmingly that it is time to resign and enjoy whatever time he has left being with his family. But because of his greedy vindictive nature he simply cannot let go.

I hate to break this to you, but a month after The Big Dumb Dirty Rotten Scoundrel was diagnosed with glastiobloma, or whatever it is called, my nephew, a Marine, 45 years old, received the same diagnosis.  My nephew was cleared of all cancer a few months later.  There is a cure.

With our luck, he will be back in the Senate spewing his evil.

I am very happy for my nephew.  Great kid!
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Mental. They have been trained. John knows all that.

I don't know what they do now but I can tell you with absolute knowledge that up to about 10 years ago every special operator in the U.S. military was waterboarded multiple times as a part of their training.   In fact, they were subjected to things quite a bit more psychologically demanding than that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline anubias

Offline RoosGirl

Offline edpc

She was a slave holder?

Only on Saturdays and in an exclusive Du Pont Circle Club.

Offline WingNot

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Exactly.

Hey!  My lovely niece just sent me a big ol' box of stuff for me to start a new diet.  Shake mix, bars, snacks and energy drinks (and some stuff called "cleanse."  I don't know if I want to know what that does).  I'm going to eat it all, and by morning I should be 20 lbs. thinner....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: