Author Topic: Tillerson Fired Over Rogue Bid to Save Iran Nuke Deal  (Read 3256 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Tillerson Fired Over Rogue Bid to Save Iran Nuke Deal
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 12:06:58 am »
Not exactly. It’s more like the dork who has a flaming rat avatar grabassing with all his buds around the computer going “look, look – I’ve got him now.”

Thanks for proving the point and being the biggest ass on this site.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2018, 12:24:47 am »
No, the posts were saying that Trump should have done it professionally, not that he shouldn't have fired him.

BS!

....not until AFTER it was shown that he knew he was to be fired on Friday....and also just what dastardly deeds he was up to on POTUS' behalf regarding IRAN and anti-China tariffs.

THEN the manner of firing became the squirrel to chase.   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2018, 12:24:57 am »

Hahahaha.....do you even realize you negated your premise?  I’ll bet you and the bros did something fruity, like this....

It’s all yours, man. I can see it’s really important to you.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2018, 12:28:29 am »
So, why did Trump appoint him?
Because
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2018, 12:32:54 am »

...and it's only Tuesday.    :laugh:

But I actually like it...noticing the freedom to vent and say what's on your mind.

@mystery-ak    :beer:

When you put up a person's posting history regarding events/achievements to date...and have people STILL demean him and act the way they do?   

Same as walking around the place buck naked.   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2018, 11:54:19 am »
A tendency I hope he's gotten out of his system by now.

That’s an excellent point that Rush had addressed yesterday. He said it has taken Trump a little  time to get his bearings, but that Trump is hitting his stride now and trusting his own instincts rather than relying on the so-called professionals for counsel. I think Rush is right. Trump is feeling more comfortable in his role as POTUS and doing things more his own way, not the establishment’s way.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 11:55:38 am »
That’s an excellent point that Rush had addressed yesterday. He said it has taken Trump a little  time to get his bearings, but that Trump is hitting his stride now and trusting his own instincts rather than relying on the so-called professionals for counsel. I think Rush is right. Trump is feeling more comfortable in his role as POTUS and doing things more his own way, not the establishment’s way.

888high58888

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2018, 12:08:52 pm »
So, why did Trump appoint him?

@Sanguine

GOP heavyweights with ties to Exxon pushed Tillerson
CNN, Dec 13, 2016

Washington (CNN) — President-elect Donald Trump leaned on a collection of Republican foreign policy veterans for guidance in selecting ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson as his nominee for secretary of state, according to sources familiar with the process.

Condoleezza Rice, Robert Gates, Stephen Hadley and James Baker, all of whom have business dealings with the oil giant, played a crucial role in convincing Trump's team to select Tillerson to become America's top diplomat.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/12/13/politics/rex-tillerson-robert-gates-condoleezza-rice/index.html

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2018, 12:23:17 pm »
Tillerson is Leftist back stabbing garbage. He should be lucky he even got a tweet about his dismissal.

He didn't get fired via Tweet, Trump did it in person, per @DCPatriot , though I still have seen no evidence of that.  I hope someone posts a link soon so I can stop thinking POTUS is an ass for for this one.  But, besides that I agree with you, Tillerson needed to be gone a while ago.  Hopefully the new guy won't continue that bleep up gay pride month at the State Dept that Tillerson did.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2018, 12:30:57 pm »
@Sanguine

...and now, not only is Trump starting to eschew the advice of the GOP heavy weights in Washington, but also the advice of the “experts” here at TBR. A sure sign he’s on the right track.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2018, 12:39:17 pm »
@Sanguine

To appease Tillersons GOP supporters.

Riiiiiiight  **nononono* :silly:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2018, 12:45:50 pm »
Riiiiiiight  **nononono* :silly:

@txradioguy

Since you're so smart why don't you tell us how people get selected for cabinet positions?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2018, 12:52:13 pm »
@txradioguy

Since you're so smart why don't you tell us how people get selected for cabinet positions?

When you get high enough in any profession...even the military...if you want to advance higher you have to play politics...so lets just say that's a give in this instance or for any cabinet position.

IN some cases you get a cabinet position because of how much money you've raised for the person now occupying the WH be they Dem or Repub...some people...like Mark Levin lets say...stump and campaign for the eventual president starting when they are 18.  Now I will admit in Levin's case he didn't get a cabinet level position...but Chief of Staff to the AG is pretty darn close.

Some people get the positions because they are career government employees who work their way up.

In this case...IMHO...this was Trump using a friendship/association made in the board room to give someone with global connections the SecState position.

It wasn't to appease any fans of Rex.  Most people had never heard of him before the appointment.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2018, 12:58:46 pm »
@txradioguy

It’s not about being smart. @txradioguy is just bitter Trump is president. He cannot get over that. That much is obvious to those of us who are not so afflicted.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2018, 01:04:35 pm »
It’s not about being smart. @txradioguy is just bitter Trump is president. He cannot get over that. That much is obvious to those of us who are not so afflicted.

Actually I provided an intelligent response to a conversation between myself and DD.

If you weren't so busy rushing around crapping on just about every thread you show up on...you'd see that yes...I do indeed post in support of Trump when he does things right...hell I even start threads talking about things he does that I support.

But that ruins your "everyone but me and my little gang love Trump" meme if you notice things like that.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2018, 01:12:27 pm »
When you get high enough in any profession...even the military...if you want to advance higher you have to play politics...so lets just say that's a give in this instance or for any cabinet position.

IN some cases you get a cabinet position because of how much money you've raised for the person now occupying the WH be they Dem or Repub...some people...like Mark Levin lets say...stump and campaign for the eventual president starting when they are 18.  Now I will admit in Levin's case he didn't get a cabinet level position...but Chief of Staff to the AG is pretty darn close.

Some people get the positions because they are career government employees who work their way up.

In this case...IMHO...this was Trump using a friendship/association made in the board room to give someone with global connections the SecState position.

It wasn't to appease any fans of Rex.  Most people had never heard of him before the appointment.

@txradioguy

It was to appease GOP power that had business dealings with Exxon.    Not because of tillerson

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2018, 01:14:42 pm »
@txradioguy

It was to appease GOP power that had business dealings with Exxon.    Not because of tillerson

@driftdiver

And you know this how exactly?  Is there proof you can link to or is this just trying to CYA for the fact that another Trump pick has been shown the door?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 01:15:14 pm by txradioguy »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2018, 01:18:47 pm »
Like I've been saying...this is why Trump picked him originally...not to appease GOP whatevers.

Tillerson has worked for Exxon since 1975. He started as a production engineer and moved up the ranks before becoming chairman and CEO in 2006. Tillerson has been conducting deals with countries all around the world. His experience negotiating with foreign governments — including governments hostile to the United States — was one of the reasons Trump selected him.

“The thing I like best about Rex Tillerson is that he has vast experience at dealing successfully with all types of foreign governments,” Trump tweeted after announcing Tillerson’s appointment.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/12/13/who-is-rex-tillerson-trump-secretary-of-state-pick/95368342/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2018, 01:57:30 pm »

That may be correct.  I hope so.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2018, 02:01:35 pm »
@Sanguine

I understand that, RIV, but that doesn't answer my question.  Why did Trump appoint a Gays-in-Boy-Scouts, AGW supporter as SOS?  Sorry, he was a bad pick from the beginning.  And - to be clear, I'm glad he's gone.  I didn't ever think he was a good choice for that position. I'm glad Trump took the reins and fired him.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2018, 02:10:30 pm »
I understand that, RIV, but that doesn't answer my question.  Why did Trump appoint a Gays-in-Boy-Scouts, AGW supporter as SOS?  Sorry, he was a bad pick from the beginning.  And - to be clear, I'm glad he's gone.  I didn't ever think he was a good choice for that position. I'm glad Trump took the reins and fired him.

Especially since we're constantly being told that Trump is draining the swamp and being an alpha male. Appeasing the GOP and corporations don't fit their narrative.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2018, 02:10:46 pm »
I've been wondering about some of DJT's initial bad picks, too. Perhaps, being a NY businessman and not a politician, he relied on some really bad advice from inside-the-beltway types (Priebus, et al?).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2018, 02:21:30 pm »
Perhaps, being a NY businessman and not a politician, he relied on some really bad advice from inside-the-beltway types (Priebus, et al?).

Remember that, if Gorsuch ever makes a pivotal decision or writes an opinion.  People want to have it both ways.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2018, 02:29:01 pm »
I'm not saying all of Trump's picks - regardless of the advice he may have received - were bad. Gorsuch may turn out to be a shining star. Tillerson - not so much.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2018, 02:35:50 pm »
I'm not saying all of Trump's picks - regardless of the advice he may have received - were bad. Gorsuch may turn out to be a shining star. Tillerson - not so much.

Right, but my point is, the early appointments and any of the replacements all came to him with the advice of others.  There's no intellectual honesty in saying Gorsuch was a great Trump pick, but Tillerson was foisted upon him by establishment types.  I guarantee you he did not know who either person was by name when he took office - and you wouldn't expect him to.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 02:39:21 pm by edpc »