Author Topic: ICE Spokesman Resigns, Saying He Could No Longer Spread Falsehoods for Trump Administration  (Read 527 times)

Offline Suppressed

ICE Spokesman Resigns, Saying He Could No Longer Spread Falsehoods for Trump Administration
James Schwab, who was an Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman until last week, said that his decision to resign was prompted by the agency’s statements after the mayor of Oakland, Calif., warned about an immigration raid.
By Jonah Engel Bromwich
March 13, 2018

A spokesman for United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement has resigned, saying that he could no longer “bear the burden” of spreading falsehoods on behalf of the Trump administration.

[...]

Paywall: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/us/california-ice-spokesman-resigns.html
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 10:09:29 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Fantom

Joined ICE in 2015, an obama holdover....  :pondering:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

Does this shitstick Obama hack elaborate on these so called lies?

Offline the_doc

Does this shitstick Obama hack elaborate on these so called lies?
Wow, Frank, you are so judgmental.  (LOL)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The statements criticized the mayor of Oakland, Libby Schaaf, for her decision last month to warn city residents that a raid by federal immigration agents targeting roughly 1,000 people was imminent. The agency’s deputy director, Thomas D. Homan, said that Ms. Schaaf’s warning had helped “864 criminal aliens and public safety threats” to evade capture in the raid.

People here illegally ARE criminals.  Many of them probably are public safety threats.  What’s the lie?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

It is good this was pointed out early, or else the thread might grow into the hundreds, berating trump over another firing or resignation.

This guy is being more honest than Tillerson, who apparently continued to support Obama's Iran deal, knowing that Trump did not.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline the_doc

I read somewhere that there are more than 8,000 Obama holdovers (supposedly [?] appointees, not mere hires) in 75 agencies.  Most Presidents would drown in that swamp trying to drain it.  I hope Trump can pull it off.

From what I have learned about what Trump is doing, I think he can drain it if he survives 2018.  He is pursuing the Deep State all over the world.

P.S.  Getting rid of McMasters and Tillerson appear to be important to Trump's Grand Scheme.  (I'm just sorry he made so many bad choices in the early staffing effort.  I would never have picked an AGW sympathizer as SoS.)   

Offline Fantom

It is good this was pointed out early, or else the thread might grow into the hundreds, berating trump over another firing or resignation.

This guy is being more honest than Tillerson, who apparently continued to support Obama's Iran deal, knowing that Trump did not.

Last first, as is my wont.

I had problems with Tillerson from the start. He is why the Boy Scouts have embraced depravity.

Putting that aside, this obama holdover is not more honest than Tillerson. Trump likes seeing opposing views, he does not surround himself with "yes men".  A nice change from the last eight years in my book. Tillerson did well as far as he could do so, new project... new Project Manager.

As for the obama worm who resigned.... not more honest. He could have done so when Trump was elected,  instead this is what one typically expects from a mid level appointment holdover of obama..... time their "outrage" resignation in the news cycle. 
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

I read somewhere that there are more than 8,000 Obama holdovers (supposedly [?] appointees, not mere hires) in 75 agencies.  Most Presidents would drown in that swamp trying to drain it.  I hope Trump can pull it off.

From what I have learned about what Trump is doing, I think he can drain it if he survives 2018.  He is pursuing the Deep State all over the world.

P.S.  Getting rid of McMasters and Tillerson appear to be important to Trump's Grand Scheme.  (I'm just sorry he made so many bad choices in the early staffing effort.  I would never have picked an AGW sympathizer as SoS.)   

I just wish republicans were as effective at purging these  leftist maggots as the regressive left in purging our decent people.

Frederick Douglass