Author Topic: Would A Kennedy SCOTUS Departure Be Just A Matter Of “Tradition” For Him?  (Read 303 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

HotAir
JAZZ SHAW
Posted at 8:01 am March 13, 2018

One facet of the upcoming midterm elections has revolved around something potentially taking place back in Washington. It’s the question of whether Supreme Court Associate Justice Anthony Kennedy will be retiring this summer. Frankly, I’ll believe it when I hear it from the man himself, but at the same time I wouldn’t rule it out entirely. One reason to suspect the rumors may be true comes down to little more than timing. As One News Now reports this week, the Judicial Action Group sees a Kennedy exit as more likely than not based on nothing more than tradition.

SEE ALSO: “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Where is your God now?

Phillip Jauregui, president of Judicial Action Group, a 501(c)4 non-profit organization working towards judicial renewal and an agenda to address judicial activism, thinks Kennedy will retire soon.

“I think Justice Kennedy would like to follow tradition, and that is a justice leaves during a presidential administration of the same party that appointed him,” Jauregui tells OneNewsNow.

Kennedy, currently the longest-sitting justice on the court (30 years), was nominated by President Ronald Reagan and began his service on the high court in February 1988. He is the only current justice to be confirmed by a unanimous vote in the Senate.

(more)
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/03/13/kennedy-scotus-departure-just-matter-tradition/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.