Author Topic: Noncitizen Voters in Pennsylvania Not a ‘Glitch,’ Philly Official Says  (Read 505 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Lifezette
by Brendan Kirby
Updated 12 Mar 2018 at 2:06 PM

Al Schmidt bristles at the description, often attributed to him, of noncitizen voters in Pennsylvania as a “glitch.”

Schmidt, a Philadelphia city commissioner who has been sounding the alarm since 2012 about noncitizens on the voting rolls, said the word, misattributed to him, would be accurate if ineligible voters managed to elude safeguards in the motor-voter law.

“That would be a glitch,” he told LifeZette. “In this case, it was never designed that way.”

Congress passed the Motor Voter law, formally known as the National Voter Registration Act of 1993, to encourage people to register to vote when they got their driver’s licenses. The problem, Schmidt said, is that Pennsylvania also allows legal permanent (noncitizen) residents to get driver’s licenses after a year in the United State

(more)
https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/noncitizen-voters-in-pennsylvania-not-a-glitch-philly-official-says/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Nah, it's a "feature".
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Suppressed

For years, I pushed the GOP attorneys to address some of these issues.  They ignored them.

If they don't care, why should I care about the GOP?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's not a "glitch" in a Dem run state.  It's part of the plan.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It's not a "glitch" in a Dem run state.  It's part of the plan.

Of course it is intentional. The Dems all but brag about how many illegal votes they get. All of these new IDs and giving the licenses, it is all about getting them to vote.

Anyone can plainly see what the Dems are doing, but the Republicans don't seem to mind. They don't lift a finger to do anything about it.

And, as the man said, if the GOP doesn't care, then why should I?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:46:25 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Of course it is intentional. The Dems all but brag about how many illegal votes they get. All of these new IDs and giving the licenses, it is all about getting them to vote.

Anyone can plainly see what the Dems are doing, but the Republicans don't seem to mind. They don't lift a finger to do anything about it.

And, as the man said, if the GOP doesn't care, then why should I?

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
i can't believe no one has complained about this!  It's really just the one Philadelphia (!) city commissioner, who's been writing about it since 2012.

TL/DR Apparently the drivers license process finally was changed in September 2017, so it won't be a problem going forward.  And the commissioner says it only involves about 100,000 people, less than 1% of registered PA voters, some of whom may actually be citizens.  But in special elections it could definitely be an issue.

I guess the Republicans thought it was too piddly a number to worry about?!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 07:46:46 am by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.