Author Topic: Ivanka Trump never cut ties with the Trump Organization. That’s turned into a problem.  (Read 362 times)

Offline Suppressed

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/article204578309.html

Ivanka Trump never cut ties with the Trump Organization. That’s turned into a problem.
BY ANITA KUMAR
akumar@mcclatchydc.com
March 12, 2018 05:00 AM
Updated 1 hour 54 minutes ago

WASHINGTON Donald Trump isn’t the only Trump with potential conflicts of interest in the White House.

Ivanka Trump — a senior White House adviser who is doing everything from lobbying the Senate on tax policy to representing her father at a G20 summit of world leaders — will pull in more than $1 million a year from the family business that has continued to develop luxury resorts across the globe during the Trump presidency.

Some of those Trump-branded developments are hiring state-owned companies for construction, receiving gifts from foreign governments in the form of public land or eased regulations and accepting payments from customers who are foreign officials.

Ivanka Trump’s continued relationship with the businesses affiliated with the Trump Organization creates countless potential conflicts of interest prohibited by federal law and federal ethics standards as she works as a special assistant to the president. And just like her father, she is being accused of violating the so-called emoluments clause of the U.S. Constitution that forbids government officials — not just presidents — from accepting gifts from foreign governments without the approval of Congress.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

"Gotta make the swamp bigger before you can drain it, don'tcha know!"
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

"Gotta make the swamp bigger before you can drain it, don'tcha know!"
I can't help believe that running for President has been very lucrative for our King.  Since he will not divulge his taxes like every other President in my lifetime I think I will be left with speculating how corrupt he is.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Oooh, the Trumps must be corrupt.   :rolling:

Oooh, the Trumps must be corrupt.   :rolling:
Very much so...like rats.

Offline musiclady

Very much so...like rats.

You mean, like the Rats they ARE..........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

You mean, like the Rats they ARE..........
Or the standard bearers to the ideological philosophy of Conservatism.  ask CPAC.

I wish I could offer you a life-preserver to a rational universe ML, but mine is water logged.

How is this OK?  I can only assume the fans of our King think graft is permissible when he rules as a "Republican."   

Offline musiclady

Or the standard bearers to the ideological philosophy of Conservatism.  ask CPAC.

I wish I could offer you a life-preserver to a rational universe ML, but mine is water logged.

How is this OK?  I can only assume the fans of our King think graft is permissible when he rules as a "Republican."   

Your assumption is correct.   And we are traitors if we don't stay loyal to "our party" and overlook the corruption.

The standards we once held are gone, @Once-Ler .   There's no other explanation for it.  :shrug:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline corbe

Ivanka Trump: John Kelly 'understands the role of family' in the White House

by Naomi Lim

| March 11, 2018 05:19 PM

Ivanka Trump, a White House senior adviser and President Trump's daughter, pushed back on claims of simmering tensions between her, her husband Jared Kushner, and White House chief of staff John Kelly on Sunday, explaining how Kelly understood the importance of family to the president.

“One of the first things he said is, ‘You are family. You are part of the reason the president is here.’ He understands the role of family. He is a very family-oriented person and made it clear he doesn’t want to get in the way of that," Ivanka Trump told the Washington Post of the retired four-star general.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/ivanka-trump-john-kelly-understands-the-role-of-family-in-the-white-house
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
One of my biggest criticisms of Trump. The kids need to be gone back to New York and have no business being around the White House.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Ivanka Trump, a White House senior adviser and President Trump's daughter, pushed back on claims of simmering tensions between her, her husband Jared Kushner, and White House chief of staff John Kelly on Sunday, explaining how Kelly understood the importance of family to the president.

His first wife says otherwise.......

“Donald wasn’t really interested in the children until he could talk business with them,” the 67-year-old socialite told our insider. “When they turned 21, I handed them over to him and said ‘Here’s the finished product, you can take them from here.’ ”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/ivana-trump-raised-donald-kids-article-1.2820457
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline corbe

If turning your kids into democrats with over inflated egos and a grandeur sense of entitlement was the goal, Trump succeeded.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

And to think Gingrich was run out of the speakership for writing a book on policy while in office and "profiting" from his position...

What a quaint thought...

Offline musiclady

And to think Gingrich was run out of the speakership for writing a book on policy while in office and "profiting" from his position...

What a quaint thought...

:beer: