Author Topic: Trump unscripted and unleashed in Pennsylvania stump speech  (Read 3814 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Trump unscripted and unleashed in Pennsylvania stump speech
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2018, 04:15:16 am »
Well, I thank you and @corbe and @musiclady , for your honesty.  I haven't missed voting in an election  since I have been eligible to vote.  I had considered not voting last election, and I struggled with that decision for months. I have remained a registered Republican so that I can vote in the primaries, but I am not so sure that I will be voting in the mid terms. I am disgusted, disheartened, and disappointed in the Republican Party in general.  There are very few Congressmen that I feel are worth a darn and doing their jobs and now even they have me questioning their actions at times.

My dear, you are far from alone in those same, exact sentiments.

Some of us just reached that point a bit sooner than you did.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DB

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2018, 04:42:44 am »
Well, I thank you and @corbe and @musiclady , for your honesty.  I haven't missed voting in an election  since I have been eligible to vote.  I had considered not voting last election, and I struggled with that decision for months. I have remained a registered Republican so that I can vote in the primaries, but I am not so sure that I will be voting in the mid terms. I am disgusted, disheartened, and disappointed in the Republican Party in general.  There are very few Congressmen that I feel are worth a darn and doing their jobs and now even they have me questioning their actions at times.

The 2016 election is the first time I didn't vote for President since voting for Reagan. I don't consider myself a Republican anymore. The party has left me.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2018, 05:10:29 am »
My business will be moved from San Jose to Arizona this month. My wife and I have bought a house in Mesa Arizona and should be out of California by no later than May. I've lived in California for about 48 years. I've had enough.
Longer than that, for me. In fact over 60 yrs. combining 4 times. Six months in 1948, 1950-51, 1955-1969, 1971-present.

It is literally home, for me, my family, and my wife's family.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2018, 05:12:48 am »
My business will be moved from San Jose to Arizona this month. My wife and I have bought a house in Mesa Arizona and should be out of California by no later than May. I've lived in California for about 48 years. I've had enough.

@DB I hope you enjoy Arizona!  I don't think I'd like living there, but I don't blame you for leaving.  My friend the spec ed teacher lives in San Jose and still likes it, but it sure has grown since she moved there!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:14:00 am by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2018, 05:13:40 am »
Longer than that, for me. In fact over 60 yrs. combining 4 times. Six months in 1948, 1950-51, 1955-1969, 1971-present.

It is literally home, for me, my family, and my wife's family.

@truth_seeker You're not leaving, too, are you?  Don't you live in OC?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2018, 05:30:26 am »
@truth_seeker You're not leaving, too, are you?  Don't you live in OC?

Still in OC but pretty fed up. Just not digging the new normal, after 8 years of one party rule, with illegal criminal aliens ranking higher than the safety of native born citizens.

Taxes too high, quality of life in decline.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2018, 05:37:03 am »
Still in OC but pretty fed up. Just not digging the new normal, after 8 years of one party rule, with illegal criminal aliens ranking higher than the safety of native born citizens.

Taxes too high, quality of life in decline.

What's happening with all the people they moved out of the Santa Ana riverbed?

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2018, 06:50:41 am »
Oh,@DB, I'm so sorry.