Author Topic: Trump Comes Down HARD on Mueller, Demands Meeting to Discuss…  (Read 1033 times)

rangerrebew

Trump Comes Down HARD on Mueller, Demands Meeting to Discuss…
By Andrew West March 9, 2018

Donald Trump is soaring high after a powerful and successful diplomatic maneuver to corner North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.  Is Robert Mueller next on Trump’s 4D chess hit list?  According to some sources, yes.

https://constitution.com/trump-comes-hard-mueller-demands-meeting-discuss/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Trump Comes Down HARD on Mueller, Demands Meeting to Discuss…
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 05:50:08 pm »
I think it's time to put a deadline on this investigation. If you can't find something after nearly a year, then it's at best just fishing at that point. At worst, trying to score another Scooter Libby.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 06:35:53 pm »
I think it's time to put a deadline on this investigation. If you can't find something after nearly a year, then it's at best just fishing at that point. At worst, trying to score another Scooter Libby.

Vonnie @VonnieCalland

Wait, I have an idea on how Trump can speed up the Mueller Russia probe:

Trump turns himself in.
5:35 PM - Mar 9, 2018 · Virginia, USA

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 07:52:35 pm »
Vonnie @VonnieCalland

Wait, I have an idea on how Trump can speed up the Mueller Russia probe:

Trump turns himself in.
5:35 PM - Mar 9, 2018 · Virginia, USA

That's a cute, smirky turn-of-phrase, but our justice system isn't based on holy tribunals of popular self-righteous judgement.

But I know that's what the marxist left would want.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 09:09:56 pm »

@Free Vulcan The Starr investigation went on for years, didn't it?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:10:41 pm by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 09:21:32 pm »
@Free Vulcan The Starr investigation went on for years, didn't it?

And it shouldn't have. We ended up getting Clinton over basically nothing.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 10:32:18 pm »
That's a cute, smirky turn-of-phrase, but our justice system isn't based on holy tribunals of popular self-righteous judgement.

But I know that's what the marxist left would want.

August 1994 - Ken Starr replaces Robert Risks as IC to investigate Whitewater.

December 1998 - Clinton impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice in Lewinsky affair.

The AG for the entire time was Janet Reno.  She allowed the investigation to continue and pursue many different avenues diverging from its original scope. 

Make yourself comfortable.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 11:04:06 pm »

August 1994 - Ken Starr replaces Robert Risks as IC to investigate Whitewater.

December 1998 - Clinton impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice in Lewinsky affair.

The AG for the entire time was Janet Reno.  She allowed the investigation to continue and pursue many different avenues diverging from its original scope. 

Make yourself comfortable.

Which I never agreed with, and what did we get out of it? Nearly nothing.

I agree with it less now because this is supposed to be a focused investigation, not some meandering fishing expedition.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 11:04:55 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 12:09:22 am »
Which I never agreed with, and what did we get out of it? Nearly nothing.

I agree with it less now because this is supposed to be a focused investigation, not some meandering fishing expedition.

The business practices may be closer to the original scope than we think.  He’s dealt with some unsavory people internationally, especially with the Baku project. 

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 12:15:37 am »

The business practices may be closer to the original scope than we think.  He’s dealt with some unsavory people internationally, especially with the Baku project.

I think this is probable.  I also am curious to see how Operation: Desert Stormy(TM) turns out, though it's not part of the Mueller investigation.

I actually think it will be worth it if only for the Flynn and Manafort results.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 04:53:40 am »

Mother Jones and The New Yorker would certainly agree with you about that.

That said, this story is a ridiculous notion, that Trump would suggest such a deal with Mueller.  Mueller's working with the Democrats, would double-cross Trump in a Tennessee second, and Trump knows both these things.  I think Trump knows better than to trade an action (meeting with Mueller) for a promise (that Mueller would wrap things up).  Mueller and the Dems would fabricate a reason to continue the investigation before Trump even steps out of the outer office, and claim it was because of something Trump said in the meeting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 10:12:21 am »

That said, this story is a ridiculous notion, that Trump would suggest such a deal with Mueller.  Mueller's working with the Democrats, would double-cross Trump in a Tennessee second, and Trump knows both these things.  I think Trump knows better than to trade an action (meeting with Mueller) for a promise (that Mueller would wrap things up).  Mueller and the Dems would fabricate a reason to continue the investigation before Trump even steps out of the outer office, and claim it was because of something Trump said in the meeting.

Just because Sean Hannity and Sarah Carter aren't talking about it, doesn't mean it's not newsworthy or true.  By his own admission, Trump has had to work the system, domestically, to get things done.  You don't engage in business in certain parts of the world, without dealing with graft, or worse.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 11:38:08 am »

Just because Sean Hannity and Sarah Carter aren't talking about it, doesn't mean it's not newsworthy or true.  By his own admission, Trump has had to work the system, domestically, to get things done.  You don't engage in business in certain parts of the world, without dealing with graft, or worse.

And you know this how?   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 11:55:55 am »
And you know this how?   *****rollingeyes*****

Through a mix of traveling, reading, and common sense.  Try it sometime.  I can see why Trump can relate to and want to deal with the Mammadov family in Azerbaijan.  They're adept at nepotism and financial shell games.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-azerbaijan-hotel-linked-with-corruption-iran-2017-3

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/24/these-are-the-worlds-most-corrupt-countries.html
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:57:42 am by edpc »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 11:57:46 am »

Through a mix of traveling, reading, and common sense.  Try it sometime.  I can see why Trump can relate to and want to deal with the Mammadov family in Azerbaijan.  They're adept at nepotism and financial shell games.

Of course.   :whistle:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:58:19 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline edpc

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 12:01:22 pm »
Of course.   :whistle:

Yes....we've all been awestruck with your special insights into the business world.  Isn't there a board room you should be setting up with pastries and vacuuming, right now?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 12:56:11 pm »

What Hannity and Carter say is irrelevant.  Trump would be a fool to think he can cut Mueller short by having an interview with him.  This thread is not about possible shady deals made to build a tower, it's whether Trump can set a timetable on Mueller.  If Mueller wants to make his investigation about that, it would be a major expansion of his mandate, which is possible anyway.  Fishing expeditions are like that.  Look how far afield Starr had to go to get into the Paula Jones/Lewinsky swamp.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 01:29:27 pm »
What Hannity and Carter say is irrelevant.  Trump would be a fool to think he can cut Mueller short by having an interview with him.  This thread is not about possible shady deals made to build a tower, it's whether Trump can set a timetable on Mueller.  If Mueller wants to make his investigation about that, it would be a major expansion of his mandate, which is possible anyway.  Fishing expeditions are like that.  Look how far afield Starr had to go to get into the Paula Jones/Lewinsky swamp.

The thread is largely about Mueller’s investigation.  That has gone into his business practices and financial dealings as part of the collusion aspect.  Starr followed information as it came to him.  He wasn’t doing it without the permission of the Attorney General. The investigation could’ve been stopped at any point after the indictments and convictions of Whitewater figures.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 01:49:01 pm »
That said, this story is a ridiculous notion, that Trump would suggest such a deal with Mueller.   Mueller and the Dems would fabricate a reason to continue the investigation before Trump even steps out of the outer office, and claim it was because of something Trump said in the meeting.
@Cyber Liberty

Trump is a habitual liar and can't help it.  He must not meet with Mueller or the Grand Jury! (attorney can't be with you in a Grand Jury) under any circumstances.  Mueller either finds something on the president by himself or he doesn't without Trump being questioned.  Bill Clinton lied and was caught and impeached and Senate didn't convict him.  Trump's lawyers must keep him from being questioned and I don't know how they do that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 01:49:59 pm »

The thread is largely about Mueller’s investigation.  That has gone into his business practices and financial dealings as part of the collusion aspect.  Starr followed information as it came to him.  He wasn’t doing it without the permission of the Attorney General. The investigation could’ve been stopped at any point after the indictments and convictions of Whitewater figures.

I didn't like what Starr did in expanding his creation, why should I like it now?

Added:  The story makes no mention of expanding the investigation into Trup's business practices in Russia.  You did.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 01:56:40 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 01:53:15 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Trump is a habitual liar and can't help it.  He must not meet with Mueller or the Grand Jury! (attorney can't be with you in a Grand Jury) under any circumstances.  Mueller either finds something on the president by himself or he doesn't without Trump being questioned.  Bill Clinton lied and was caught and impeached and Senate didn't convict him.  Trump's lawyers must keep him from being questioned and I don't know how they do that.

I'm not going to psychoanalyze the President remotely.  I don't have to to agree with you Trump should not meet with Mueller in any way.  Doesn't matter if he lies or not, Mueller will find an excuse to continue no matter what Trump says.  Mueller needs to prove things himself without Trump's help.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 02:04:28 pm »
I didn't like what Starr did in expanding his creation, why should I like it now?

You’re assuming it is an expansion. We know that Manafort and his former partner have been indicted on various charges, related to their business dealings with Kremlin associated people in Ukraine.  The Russian bank VEB has been under sanctions since 2014.  Kushner met with the CEO during the transition and this bank had previously financed a Ukrainian steel company used to build Trump Tower in Toronto.  If you’re surrounded by people that raise questions, you’re bound to be asked some yourself, at some point.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 02:13:50 pm »
I'm not going to psychoanalyze the President remotely.  I don't have to to agree with you Trump should not meet with Mueller in any way.  Doesn't matter if he lies or not, Mueller will find an excuse to continue no matter what Trump says.  Mueller needs to prove things himself without Trump's help.
@Cyber Liberty

Doesn't take psychoanalysis to know facts - he lied 2,000 times during election season.  I saw a film of him being on a witness stand in a New York case.  The trial was against a man who was part of the Mafia.  The man's men worked on Trump buildings and Trump had multiple dinners/meetings with this man as witnessed by others.  Trump said on the stand he didn't know the man, never met him, and had no idea the man was Mafia.  Trump's lying is the sticky part of this Mueller investigation.  He must not be questioned.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 02:25:02 pm »

You’re assuming it is an expansion. We know that Manafort and his former partner have been indicted on various charges, related to their business dealings with Kremlin associated people in Ukraine.  The Russian bank VEB has been under sanctions since 2014.  Kushner met with the CEO during the transition and this bank had previously financed a Ukrainian steel company used to build Trump Tower in Toronto.  If you’re surrounded by people that raise questions, you’re bound to be asked some yourself, at some point.

We'll just have to see what happens.  You seem to think Trump being a crook is baked into the Mueller cake, I want it proven. :shrug:
I will NOT comply.