Author Topic: Tom Brokaw rips Trump for calling Chuck Todd a 'son of a bitch': 'Really classy'  (Read 11684 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
@edpc   Another example of class by Ed, before our very eyes.

Exactly.  I'm not running for president and if I use Trump tactics, people seem not to like it so much.  Hilarious.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Exactly.  I'm not running for president and if I use Trump tactics, people seem not to like it so much.  Hilarious.

@edpc   Ed, you know you were outed and shown to be a total hypocrite, so yeah, it's a little funny, maybe not hilarious but amusing that you are even attempting to defend yourself.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Indeed.  We will look back in frustration at would could have been.

Could have been without what?

Trump using street vocabulary?

It's not 'could have been,'  it's already is.  We have already made a lot of strides under the Trump admin, but the press concentrates on the personal stuff, the infighting among his staff, the juicy gossip.

That kind of stuff probably occurred in every single dem administration but you didn't notice it because the press didn't tell you about it.

Why do supposedly intelligent people continue to fall for it?

No President is gonna do every single thing I want or you want, but Trump has not been bad at all.

The economy is better; our respect around the world is better; and Trump is trying to solve the illegal problem.  Some of his efforts in that direction have been thwarted by liberal judges or a lame Congress, but he will succeed eventually.

I was for Ted Cruz but I'm kinda glad that Trump is in the hot seat now.  I don't think Ted could have accomplished much more under the circumstances.  He wouldn't have given the left and the press the kind of ammo Trump does, but they would have found many ways to go after him.

Offline musiclady

Odd, isn't it?

I don't like foul language wherever it comes from, but how in the world is it no big deal when Trump uses it, and a reason for excoriation when TBR folks use it??

How about some consistency here??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Odd, isn't it?

I don't like foul language wherever it comes from, but how in the world is it no big deal when Trump uses it, and a reason for excoriation when TBR folks use it??

How about some consistency here??

@musiclady   Hey, you're a nice lady but you're dealing in a wee bit of hypocrisy. 

If people are offended by 'foul' language, they should not use it in public forums or to another person.

I've been the victim of it way too much here.

I did not say it is no big deal when Trump uses it, although it's not the worst thing that's ever happened in the known universe.

I simply called a few people out for their gasping in horror at Trump saying stuff they say all the time.

Offline musiclady

@musiclady   Hey, you're a nice lady but you're dealing in a wee bit of hypocrisy. 

If people are offended by 'foul' language, they should not use it in public forums or to another person.

I've been the victim of it way too much here.

I did not say it is no big deal when Trump uses it, although it's not the worst thing that's ever happened in the known universe.

I simply called a few people out for their gasping in horror at Trump saying stuff they say all the time.

I don't use foul language and I don't like it when anyone uses it, ergo, there is no hypocrisy at all in my stance.

However, it is a defensible position for others to have when they expect the President of the United States to behave better than a potty mouthed school boy.

But then again, I cannot forget the excuses made when Trump admitted that he molested women, as being no big deal...... just a potty mouthed school boy.

Methinks it is Trump apologists who have to tie themselves in knots to defend his crude, unacceptable behavior.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And your way has 1,000,000 immigrants coming through with chain migration. Your way is no better and you can't refute it.  If your way is to just deny truth because you don't know any better and can not counter, that speaks for itself.

By the way, Cruz stands for forgiving lawbreaking which is the definition of amnesty. Also voted for a bill funding planned parenthood.

So, the tit for tat can work the other way too.

For the record, Cruz has also said he wants to end chain migration, which needs to be said, since it is likely, people are not informed. Well, how is that going to happen? Just do nothing.
Did I miss something, is Cruz the President? Why is it every time Trump does something stupid or distasteful and get's called on on it, the faithful immediately deflect to Cruz. How about you deal with the subject for a change, Trump nullifies the good he does with all the stupid he shovels over it. Anyone remember when the faithful told us all that Trump was different because he wasn't a politician? What a load, he's a bigger pandering politician than anyone and hasn't stopped campaigning a single day since he announced for 2016!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
@edpc   Ed, you know you were outed and shown to be a total hypocrite, so yeah, it's a little funny, maybe not hilarious but amusing that you are even attempting to defend yourself.

There's nothing I need to defend.  Besides, I thought you were ignoring me.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Our country probably enjoys twice as much respect from the rest of the world now than it did during the Obama reign.
:silly:

I read this thread.  I saw Ed insult Trump, and I saw you insult Ed.  Facts matter to me.

Offline musiclady

I read this thread.  I saw Ed insult Trump, and I saw you insult Ed.  Facts matter to me.

That's pretty much how it happens, isn't it?

That's pretty much how it happens, isn't it?
Frequently.  So frequently that I wonder why @Emjay seems oblivious to the meanings of the words she writes.  I have to assume she perceives an attack on Trump as a personal attack on her, and thus feels justified in attacking personally in return.

Offline musiclady

Frequently.  So frequently that I wonder why @Emjay seems oblivious to the meanings of the words she writes.  I have to assume she perceives an attack on Trump as a personal attack on her, and thus feels justified in attacking personally in return.

It's been happening since the Trump cult began during the primary.   An attack on Trump warrants an attack on the poster making the comment.

It happens all the time.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

She's the nastiest person on the forum. She didn't used to be like this. Shame, really.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Our country probably enjoys twice as much respect from the rest of the world now than it did during the Obama reign.

I'm really not trying to be snarky, but WHO respects us more?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Russia

Online libertybele

@libertybele   I don't give Trump a free pass and I wish he had a more elegant vocabulary, but the people who are criticizing him the most (not you) are people who cannot refrain from calling people names on a forum.

And ... when did he grant illegals amnesty?  That's one of his strengths to me... trying to protect us gainst illegals.

Trump publicly announced his offer to the DEMS to grant amnesty to DACA recipients.

Trump's lies, deceit, name-calling, mud-slinging, etc., is not acceptable and certainly as President of the U.S., he should show some restraint, decorum, and respect towards other people instead of acting like a schoolyard bully. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Did I miss something, is Cruz the President? Why is it every time Trump does something stupid or distasteful and get's called on on it, the faithful immediately deflect to Cruz. How about you deal with the subject for a change, Trump nullifies the good he does with all the stupid he shovels over it. Anyone remember when the faithful told us all that Trump was different because he wasn't a politician? What a load, he's a bigger pandering politician than anyone and hasn't stopped campaigning a single day since he announced for 2016![/size]

Those who get a 'thrill up their leg' over wanting to have Trump's baby get mighty pissed at anyone who does not fawn over their 'man'.   Chucking Ted Cruz ad nauseum into the discussion to disparage those who will not jizz themselves over Trump, is some kind of stupid tactic they think shames Conservatives.   Cruz is just a dog whistle to call their compatriots to join in the shaming attempts.

They are erroneously stuck on stupid and assume everyone who is not in love and in devotion to Trump must be a Cruz supporter who cannot get over he lost the primary, or they are Marxist Democrats.  No other possibility enters their lovestruck minds.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:04:24 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LauraTXNM

Russia

Not based on the way they're acting in the Middle East and Eastern Europe?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I remember when we had adults as parents, that would say they don't aim for their children to "like" them, but do aim for their children to "respect" them. (Implied was the notion you might get smacked for misbehaving)

Taken in that light, Trump puts "real" fear into the equation, in place of Obama-Clinton coddling, international feel goodism.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LauraTXNM

I remember when we had adults as parents, that would say they don't aim for their children to "like" them, but do aim for their children to "respect" them. (Implied was the notion you might get smacked for misbehaving)

Taken in that light, Trump puts "real" fear into the equation, in place of Obama-Clinton coddling, international feel goodism.

Fear I get -- speak softly and carry a big stick -- but this is more like wariness when confronted by an unpredictable, possibly rabid, dog.

Offline Concerned

Engendering fear is certainly not the same thing as engendering respect.  Bullies are often feared but seldom respected, at least in my experience.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Not based on the way they're acting in the Middle East and Eastern Europe?
It was just a joke.  I am sure Russia doesn't respect Trump or the US.

Fear I get -- speak softly and carry a big stick -- but this is more like wariness when confronted by an unpredictable, possibly rabid, dog.
goopo I love that analogy.

Offline LauraTXNM

It was just a joke.  I am sure Russia doesn't respect Trump or the US.

I figured, but I never like to assume sarcasm here for obvious reasons ;).