Author Topic: Tom Brokaw rips Trump for calling Chuck Todd a 'son of a bitch': 'Really classy'  (Read 11670 times)

Offline Suppressed

Oh great!  Now you just made me hungry for a capicola and cheese -- with the fries and coleslaw on top, of course.

I ain't ashamed to say that I can appreciate an I.C. Light.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I know several folks who voted for him in 2016 but have just grown weary of the chaos, childishness, and impulsivity.  They’ve indicated they won’t be supporting him in 2020.  If some of his supporters think all his previous voters are cheering his childish nonsense, I’m afraid they are sorely mistaken.

In the last election Creamer was famously outed for sending people to Trump rallies in the hopes of provoking crowd members into violence. Don’t be surprised if the Democrats strategy in 2020 is to send people to cheer wildly at the rallies, encouraging him to go further off script and be more outrageous.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

Agreed.  Some of Trump's comments are cringe worthy and as President of the United States of America his childish taunts reflect poorly on this country and sets a terrible example for our youth.  This man seems to know no shame.

More and more, I realize how much he doesn't care about the damage he does to the country, whether on tangibles lIke tariffs or intangibles lIke culture.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I ain't ashamed to say that I can appreciate an I.C. Light.

In this part of Pennsy, it's Yuengling.  Haven't had an I.C. in thirty years - glad it's still around.

It may be swill but it's our swill.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online libertybele

More and more, I realize how much he doesn't care about the damage he does to the country, whether on tangibles lIke tariffs or intangibles lIke culture.

Any president that is willing to grant amnesty and give up our nation's sovereignty doesn't have the best interest of our country at heart.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Quote from: Brokaw
"Really classy. Explain that to your children."

I had to explain to my children why Tom Brokaw remained silent when Baraq Obama called Sarah Palin a pig.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

His cheerleaders aren't on the right. They're just another sect on the left, pushing for big bully government.

I knew someone would come along and correct that.  888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Suppressed

In this part of Pennsy, it's Yuengling.  Haven't had an I.C. in thirty years - glad it's still around.

It may be swill but it's our swill.

I hope you're not calling Yuengling "swill"!
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

I knew someone would come along and correct that.  888high58888

888high58888
+++++++++

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Any president that is willing to grant amnesty and give up our nation's sovereignty doesn't have the best interest of our country at heart.

And your way has 1,000,000 immigrants coming through with chain migration. Your way is no better and you can't refute it.  If your way is to just deny truth because you don't know any better and can not counter, that speaks for itself.

By the way, Cruz stands for forgiving lawbreaking which is the definition of amnesty. Also voted for a bill funding planned parenthood.

So, the tit for tat can work the other way too.

For the record, Cruz has also said he wants to end chain migration, which needs to be said, since it is likely, people are not informed. Well, how is that going to happen? Just do nothing.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 05:24:09 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

His cheerleaders aren't on the right. They're just another sect on the left, pushing for big bully government.

Not defending Biden's skinny dipping today Suppressed? Yeah, that's really conservative.  As are your pro-choice positions, got any stories nailing Christians today?
 :silly:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 05:16:26 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

I'll take defeating ISIS, rolling back at the least, the highest employment ever in America, a robust economy and holding North Korea at bay as testaments to Trump's accomplishments.

Most pro-life administration ever, yeah, take it up with Martin Luther King's neice and other pro-life leaders instead of the cry baby "that's not so" that the no-argument folks bring, just liking to trash Trump. Aiding in religious liberty.

Some may not like Trump's words but he loves the American people, not the true bullies, the deceivers, the media, crocodile tears for them.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 05:07:40 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Posted on February 19, 2017 by Scott Johnson in Democrats, Media
Tom Brokaw, liberal Democrat

In the introduction to Did You Ever See a Dream Walking?, the anthology of conservative thought he edited for publication in 1970, William F. Buckley memorably declared: “Blindfold me, spin me about like a top, and I will walk up to the single liberal in the room without zig or zag and find him even if he is hiding behind a flower pot.” Which reminds me.

As a young lawyer new to private practice but fresh from a clerkship on the Eighth Circuit, I was asked to work with South Dakota attorney Larry Piersol as local counsel on an appeal pending for one of Larry’s clients in that court. Larry worked in private practice in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and was a South Dakotan through and through.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/02/tom-brokaw-liberal-democrat.php

He's a liberal, the media is liberal, deceptive.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Meh... Bush did the same thing. Presidents are human.

• Technical
I seem to recall Reagan calling reporters assholes for talking over someone, too.

Offline andy58-in-nh

When Donny from Queens makes his daily call to WUSA and goes live on the air, he sounds just like so many other Talk Radio Regulars: he's basically right about a few things, but he's loud and opinionated, frequently gets his facts and his words mixed up, and turns crude and insulting when challenged.

It's entertaining, but it also makes you want to change the channel.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

• Technical
When Donny from Queens makes his daily call to WUSA and goes live on the air, he sounds just like so many other Talk Radio Regulars: he's basically right about a few things, but he's loud and opinionated, frequently gets his facts and his words mixed up, and turns crude and insulting when challenged.

It's entertaining, but it also makes you want to change the channel.

This is true as well.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Some may not like Trump's words but he loves the American people

I believe you TomSea, and I second his accomplishments. 

But he's his own worst enemy.   All those accomplishments could go poof if he doesn't decide to grow up.   

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
! No longer available

He’s all about class.

@edpc  Yeah, right.  You are such a classy chap yourself, you instantly recognize the quality in others.

You are not a grown up who can argue intelligently but you instantly launch personal attacks on people who politely disagree with you.

Anyway, Chuck U. Todd (as Rush calls him) is a son of a bitch.  No offense to his mother... just using the commonly accepted definition.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

It’ll be really entertaining during the 2020 Rust Belt campaign stops when he’s openly scratching himself and declaring the country is his favorite type of tree.

@edpc   Another example of class by Ed, before our very eyes.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I hope you're not calling Yuengling "swill"!

Nah, it's good stuff.  Especially Yuengling Premium and Lord Chesterfield Ale.  Praise the Lord!

My buddies and I used to make an annual pilgrimage to the Yuengling plant,  where we met and enjoyed on a couple of occasions the hospitality of Dick Yuengling's dad,  who owned the brewery back in those days.   The second time we went,  he came striding out of his office saying "I remember you guys"  and he gave us a personal tour and hoisted beers with us at the brewery Rathskeller.   Back then,  what they made was Yuengling Premium,  a pilsner style quite different from the ubiquitous amber Lager that son Dick came up with years later that propelled them to become the largest American-owned brewer.

You have to look for it, but they still make the Premium,  and I can testify it is unchanged from what they made back in the old man's day.   I doubt you can get kegs of it much farther than Schuylkill County,  but fresh as a daisy in a dive bar in Pottsville it's a small slice of heaven.     

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 06:31:10 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Let me guess, you're so blinded by being a Trump worshiper that you're willing to give him a free pass on anything he says and does, including calling people names and granting ILLEGALS amnesty! Got it. That's exactly what our youth needs to hear; the POTUS calling others a 'son of a bitch'; great example he's setting RIV!

@libertybele   I don't give Trump a free pass and I wish he had a more elegant vocabulary, but the people who are criticizing him the most (not you) are people who cannot refrain from calling people names on a forum.

And ... when did he grant illegals amnesty?  That's one of his strengths to me... trying to protect us gainst illegals.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
He was a potty-mouthed little boy on the playground and we all saw it.  Yes, one tiny segment might like his anti-American-consumer policies, but regardless, he disrespected the entire nation with his vulgarity.

Yes, he's mentally ill. But that's not an excuse for making our country look like it just staggered out if Joe's after a few too many.

Our country probably enjoys twice as much respect from the rest of the world now than it did during the Obama reign.

Frankly, it's kinda sick how much the NTers are enjoying this opportunity to jump on the guy.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
That's the tragedy of this President, @Concerned .   He indeed has the potential to be a transformational President,  allying the working class with conservatism for generations to come,  and in the process driving a stake through the heart of liberalism.

But his sideshow antics distract from his accomplishments and the brilliance of his triangulations.   There is nothing more tragic than a man who has it all, and throws it all away.   

@Jazzhead   Please.  Trump is not the first president to have a colorful vocabulary.

He is the first President to have every single member of the press out to 'get him' and jump on every  faux paux. I mean Lyndon Johnson would make your hair curl just in conversation with his dogs.

This 'sideshow antic' meme is only rotten meat to the vultures who already hate him  And there are far too many here.

Go anywhere else like Facebook and you will see nothing but praise for Trump for the most part.

There was just a jobs report noted by Rush that was absolutely astounding... employment way up, wages up, unemployment the lowest in ages and people here get excited about him calling a son of a bitch a son of a bitch.

God help us.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

God help us.

Indeed.  We will look back in frustration at would could have been.