Author Topic: Flake calls for 2020 Trump primary challenger  (Read 2527 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Flake calls for 2020 Trump primary challenger
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2018, 01:05:07 am »
By 2020 I fully expect that McCain will be long gone and Flake will be a Democrat.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2018, 01:13:31 am »
As long as Trump keeps winning Conservative positions... and handing democrats their asses on a silver plate..... 2020 is a landslide with anyone .

I disagree @Fantom  Record busting budgets, Tariffs and DACA are not Conservative principles as I ever knew, as far as the DEMS they are doing their own slice and dice game unto themselves, their current fundraising proves that, as divided as the GOP is, the DEMS are in so much worst shape, right now and that has more to do with hellary not letting go than anything Trump has done to them, he's been to busy disparaging Republicans.  2020 is a long ways away, politically, particularly with this Administration.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2018, 01:24:56 am »
Boyohboy.  I Googled that, and it's exactly what I thought it was.  Could be worse.  Your son could be a Bronie.

@Cyber Liberty I know -- can you imagine?!  I couldn't get over the fact that they're no longer "furries" -- "fersonas" is so much more dignified, right? ;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 01:27:54 am by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2018, 01:27:23 am »
Few folks are wholly conservative or liberal.  Most orient one way or another, but as you point out values like empathy and compassion are not ideological. 

Conservatives are oriented toward individual liberty and the encouragement of economic initiative in the context of free markets,  meaning they favor equality of opportunity, not necessarily of result.   Liberals are informed of Rawlesian notions of the role of government, and favor taxation of the community to fund a safety net.   

This broad distinction between conservative and liberal is complicated by the presence, on both the right and the left,  of idiosyncratic obsessions that clash with the libertarian instincts of conservatives and the Rawlesian instincts of liberals.   On the right it is social conservatism,  urging a role for intrusive government in the support of Biblical morality,  and on the left it is identity politics, which is amoral cynicism that undercuts the credibility of its communitarian impulse.

This was helpful to read, @Jazzhead!  BTW, I know you're not a Dem plant; I was kidding.  And I hope you're feeling ok and hanging in there!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2018, 01:30:26 am »
This was helpful to read, @Jazzhead!  BTW, I know you're not a Dem plant; I was kidding.  And I hope you're feeling ok and hanging in there!

Thanks, Laura!   Surgery is first thing tomorrow morning.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2018, 01:34:24 am »
   I disagree @Fantom  Record busting budgets, Tariffs and DACA are not Conservative principles as I ever knew, as far as the DEMS they are doing their own slice and dice game unto themselves, their current fundraising proves that, as divided as the GOP is, the DEMS are in so much worst shape, right now and that has more to do with hellary not letting go than anything Trump has done to them, he's been to busy disparaging Republicans.  2020 is a long ways away, politically, particularly with this Administration.

All of this is true, sadly ;(.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2018, 01:35:51 am »
Flake calls for 2020 Trump primary challenger

Very Very interested in seeing if we can get a conservative to primary and beat DJT.  Know odds are long right now, but a lot can happen between now and summer 2019.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2018, 01:52:35 am »

Hey @corbe , good to hear from you buddy.  :dx1:

Last first as is my wont, yes 2020 is a far ways away....  but with clear vision, and a booming Trump economy, it is clear sailing so far.... Red sky at night so's to speak. As for this Administration... doing amazing things in my book friend.

As for attacking R's... seems a lot of that is Kabuki' Threatre to me, some of them are scum..Like Flake/McCain and deserve it... others...meh :shrug:  Kabuki.

Yes, the dems are in a real funk..... a good part of that is Trump. They cannot deal with someone who can get away with doing to them what they are accustomed to doing to us. This is a good thing ...No?

As for Conservative principles.... DACA..... has it passed? All I see is illegals shutting down democrat offices.... hmnn. :pondering:

Tariffs, that game is just beginning... likewise such as George Washington espoused tariffs. Without getting into the weeds.... tarrifs are not against my Conservative grain.

Which brings us to budgets. Until the House passes Trumps budgets... they own the one they pass... you know... all those "Conservatives". Personally... I'll take a booming economy with a trillion deficit over a crappy economy with a trillion deficit any year.

Jus' Sayin'.  888high58888

P.S. I like your avatar..... reminds me of a woman I once knew.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 01:54:54 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline thackney

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2018, 07:45:13 pm »

God Bless.  I hope you had good results.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2018, 07:47:22 pm »

@Jazzhead

Keep me up to date on your recovery.  I never hit a man when he is down!   :smokin:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2018, 07:51:46 pm »

We're all pulling for ya, buddy!  Having surgery is a time we put these petty differences aside and send Knee-Mail for ya.  :0001:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2018, 08:39:54 pm »
Thanks, thackney, WN and CL  ("knee-mail" - I like that!).   The surgery was performed this morning and I am at home in a leg brace,  trying to get through the pain with a minimum reliance on narcotics.    My greatest thanks to Mrs. Jazz,  the finest woman in the world.   
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:43:13 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline WingNot

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2018, 08:44:09 pm »
Thanks, thackney, WN and CL  ("knee-mail" - I like that!).   The surgery was performed this morning and I am at home in a leg brace,  trying to get through the pain with a minimum reliance on narcotics.    My greatest thanks to Mrs. Jazz,  the finest woman in the world.   

A alright.  888high58888   Hey when do you start seeing the Physical Terrorist?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2018, 08:49:20 pm »

Do your therapy!   And be well!  I will pray for a complete recovery for you!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline thackney

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2018, 08:55:24 pm »
...Physical Terrorist?

I like that.  But take the Terrorist's threats seriously.  Do your PT, whatever the injury.  Or stay injured forever...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2018, 08:58:13 pm »
I like that.  But take the Terrorist's threats seriously.  Do your PT, whatever the injury.  Or stay injured forever...
:beer:
Well, I don't know how they can call what they do "Therapy"   lol :cool:

Online corbe

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2018, 09:03:09 pm »
   Thanks for the update @Jazzhead, wishing you a speedy recovery.  Utilize the pain pills, misery will delay your progress, addiction is in the mind and surmountable.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2018, 09:04:49 pm »
:beer:
Well, I don't know how they can call what they do "Therapy"   lol :cool:

I had a mighty fine guy working for me after surgery #2, and some nice gals after surgery #1.  They never terrorized me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2018, 09:09:56 pm »

My father did that.   He refused to do the therapy after hip surgery because it hurt.

And never walked again.  **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2018, 09:10:50 pm »
   Thanks for the update @Jazzhead, wishing you a speedy recovery.  Utilize the pain pills, misery will delay your progress, addiction is in the mind and surmountable.

@Jazzhead Listen to what @corbe says there:  If your surgeon hasn't told you, the PT will...pain is the enemy of your recovery here in the first few weeks.  Don't be a "tough guy" and skimp on the meds, you'll be doing your body no favors.  When you have genuine pain after surgery, you won't get addicted to them.  Addiction happens when you take them when you don't need them.  If you don't treat the pain, it will do you harm, I learned about that through a couple of hip replacements.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2018, 09:13:50 pm »
My father did that.   He refused to do the therapy after hip surgery because it hurt.

And never walked again.  **nononono*

I have a SIL like that, and I don't know if she ever got back on her feet...

PT is as important as the surgery, and if JH's injury is as serious as he said it is (severed quad) it's major surgery with lots of PT to come.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2018, 09:17:25 pm »
I have a SIL like that, and I don't know if she ever got back on her feet...

PT is as important as the surgery, and if JH's injury is as serious as he said it is (severed quad) it's major surgery with lots of PT to come.

Ouch!

Yes, @Jazzhead  .......obey those doctors.   Take the pain meds (pain creates more pain....minimize it), and do your therapy.

My Dad was 80 and ruined the last 6 years of his life, but you're just a kid!

Do whatever you can to get yourself back on your feet!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2018, 09:25:53 pm »
Thanks, all!  And I understand the importance of PT- I'm only 60 and need to be able to walk again.   

Offline WingNot

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2018, 09:44:33 pm »
I had a mighty fine guy working for me after surgery #2, and some nice gals after surgery #1.  They never terrorized me.

No Pain No Gain you Puzzy! :beer:

@Jazzyhead
Pain Heals. Chicks (Mrs Jazzy) dig scars. Glory lives forever!    :beer:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2018, 02:27:27 am »

Addressing all 3 of your points...budget busting, Tariffs, and DACA...note the following.
1. President Reagan imposed a 100 percent tariff on selected Japanese electronics in 1987
2. From 1981-1983 Reagan tripled the Gross Federal Debt, from $900 billion to $2.7 trillion. 
3. in 1986, Ronald Reagan signed a sweeping immigration reform bill into law. The bill also made any immigrant who'd entered the country before 1982 eligible for amnesty

Unless your argument is that Reagan was..not a conservative...you are simply incorrect. In fact, Trump is the closest thing...policy wise..to Ronald Reagan we've had in the Oval office since...well...Ronald Reagan. I'm proud to be a Reagan conservative along with President Trump...as our the vast majority of conservatives/Republicans. @corbe
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:28:01 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain