Author Topic: Trump unscripted and unleashed in Pennsylvania stump speech  (Read 3858 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump unscripted and unleashed in Pennsylvania stump speech
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2018, 10:57:50 pm »
I stand by my original statement @Once-Ler .... GWB did not campaign for or win Pennsylvania in 2000 OR 2004.
A new lie.  Easily disproved by the internet and common sense.  In 2004 Bush got 48.42% of the vote in PA.  In 2000 Bush got 46.43% of the PA.  According to Wikipedia Bush had over 20 visits to PA in 2004.  To say he did not try to win PA insults the intelligence of every reader on this board.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2018, 11:00:17 pm »
I disagree. He has helped businesses by removing/changing rules and regs that impair them. they have so stated, and the DJIA (up over 30% since Nov. 2016 election day)  reflects those facts.

The Keystone pipeline is just one bit of empirical evidence, using a project much in the news and discussed by conservatives and business people.

Thse factors in turn, generate jobs and paychecks. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_Pipeline

You're right about the Keystones Pipeline, though I'm sure a President Cruz or Pence also would have stopped the obstruction of it.  My impression of the stock market is that it also would have gone up under just about any Republican President.

I'm not trying to be contrarian; I've just been looking for things that *only* Trump could have done, or things that only *he* would have supported.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2018, 11:07:16 pm »
Comments labeling all Liberals, Progressives, Right-Wingers, Conservatives as evil, make it nearly impossible to speak to each other. 

Where are the statesmen?  They have been pushed out by both parties, because both parties think they can win with just their rabid base.  Compromise is very hard when you have to explain to your base why your working with the enemy.  I think the Democrats have successfully succeeded in purging their moderates.  The GOP is getting close.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2018, 11:14:01 pm »
Where are the statesmen?  They have been pushed out by both parties, because both parties think they can win with just their rabid base.  Compromise is very hard when you have to explain to your base why your working with the enemy. I think the Democrats have successfully succeeded in purging their moderates.  The GOP is getting close.

I have always laughed when people spoke of the Marxist Dems, because we considered ourselves quite liberal in college and that animal was as rare as a white whale then.  Now it is actually a thing!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2018, 11:36:18 pm »
I have always laughed when people spoke of the Marxist Dems, because we considered ourselves quite liberal in college and that animal was as rare as a white whale then.  Now it is actually a thing!

David Horowitz was raised in a communist family, came to prominence in the 1960s at Berkeley, but years later had sort of an epiphany over politics and the radical left.

Today he will tell you the left has become worse, and that the democrats of today are full of communist types. they just avoid the label, with words like "progressive," instead.

They want leveled incomes, bigger central government, and different international allies.

The 1960 "liberals" weren't benign nice people. Obama's mentor Bill Ayers and his wife Bernadine Dohrn probably killed people.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2018, 11:39:41 pm »
Maybe I'm getting too old, but it's like a circus sideshow, or Roman gladiator spectacle.  I can't enjoy it without feeling some shame and embarrassment, and just like watching a snuff film, the act of watching it changes you.  I don't know what you saw, but I saw the same extemporaneous excrement that drove me from the party.

No reason to feel shame or embarrassment; you didn't put words in Trump's mouth. I watched about 5 minutes of the speech and that was enough.  What was apparent was Trump patting himself on the back and the speech was about him.  If this was a rally to get Saccone elected it was poor as not a whole let was mentioned about him or his accomplishments, abilities or platform/agenda. 

I'm glad I didn't waste my morning coffee on this speech; waste of time.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2018, 11:43:09 pm »
I always laughed when people said Republican's were tiki-torch wielding racists.  If someone told me a Republican President would minimize and justify a nazi running over a protester I would have thought them mad.  Now the GOP is on the hunt to expunging those who spoke out against Trump.  Flake, McCain, and Graham are pretty much universally despised here.  In fact there are some here that would say they are worse than democrats.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2018, 11:53:57 pm »
I always laughed when people said Republican's were tiki-torch wielding racists.  If someone told me a Republican President would minimize and justify a nazi running over a protester I would have thought them mad.  Now the GOP is on the hunt to expunging those who spoke out against Trump.  Flake, McCain, and Graham are pretty much universally despised here.  In fact there are some here that would say they are worse than democrats.

Also true.  So where do we go from here?  About the only thing I've come up with, is volunteering with kids every chance I get.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2018, 11:56:58 pm »
David Horowitz was raised in a communist family, came to prominence in the 1960s at Berkeley, but years later had sort of an epiphany over politics and the radical left.

Today he will tell you the left has become worse, and that the democrats of today are full of communist types. they just avoid the label, with words like "progressive," instead.

They want leveled incomes, bigger central government, and different international allies.

The 1960 "liberals" weren't benign nice people. Obama's mentor Bill Ayers and his wife Bernadine Dohrn probably killed people.

@truth_seeker I don't think all 1960s liberals were evil, either.  I think there were a lot of issues worth fighting for.  Some people became extremist.  Some people, like my sister, were just there to party.  And some were in the middle, trying to speak up for others.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2018, 11:57:44 pm »
You have been reading to much Invar rhetorical fear driven fiction.

Why did Flake withdraw from running again? Ya still gotta win elections. Weak Republicans earned their place, on the outs IF that is even true.

The people of Arizona might just be fed up with weakness on illegal immigration by McCain and Flake. Same for Graham in SC.

In the case of the NC trajedy I saw films depicting a young guy in a panic get scared, make an awful mistake. I did not see premeditation, however. Wrong yes. Tragic yes. A sign about the political right in America, no.

I attended the Trump rally in Costa Mesa, CA. Mostly I wanted to see the reality, versus the claims by both democrats and other Republicans.

I found his supporters to be younger, more diverse, and totally unlike the lies being spread in the media.

The only violence was from the left. 

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2018, 12:01:42 am »
@truth_seeker I don't think all 1960s liberals were evil, either.  I think there were a lot of issues worth fighting for.  Some people became extremist.  Some people, like my sister, were just there to party.  And some were in the middle, trying to speak up for others.
Horowitz was there. Ayers and his wife may have committed murder. The black panthers sure did.

I was in college then the military during the height of the turmoil and violence. Dems 1968 Convention. Kent State.

Communists now call themselves "progressives," but want the same things. Antifa is violent, uses communist methods.

But you already know that.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2018, 12:04:20 am »

When you have GOP politicians who side with the DEMS every chance they get, why do they then continue to run under the GOP umbrella?  For what purpose?  If they no longer agree with the GOP platform, agenda or outlook for the future of their party and feel that the DEMS are correct in their thinking, then why do they continue to stay with the GOP party?  The only logical reason is that they remain in the GOP party so that the votes that they cast makes it impossible for GOP bills to pass and that they become virtually irrelevant as a party.

So, yes, RINO's like Flake, McCain, McConnell and Graham are worse than the DEMS as they are obstructionists within their own party.  I'm not by any means saying that they should not vote according to how they think or feel, but if their feelings or thinking align more with the DEMS more often then not,  then they should join them!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2018, 12:05:44 am »
Maybe I'm getting too old, but it's like a circus sideshow, or Roman gladiator spectacle.  I can't enjoy it without feeling some shame and embarrassment, and just like watching a snuff film, the act of watching it changes you.  I don't know what you saw, but I saw the same extemporaneous excrement that drove me from the party.

You watch "Snuff" films......shudder. I am glad you are not part of the "Tent".  @Once-Ler

Or maybe you are just hyperbolviating on the way to your fainting couch. Possibly you like McCains approach better... you know, ....... http://time.com/4866404/john-mccain-barack-obama-arab-cancer/
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2018, 12:06:56 am »

Why did Flake withdraw from running again? Ya still gotta win elections. Weak Republicans earned their place, on the outs IF that is even true.

The people of Arizona might just be fed up with weakness on illegal immigration by McCain and Flake. Same for Graham in SC.

In the case of the NC trajedy I saw films depicting a young guy in a panic get scared, make an awful mistake. I did not see premeditation, however. Wrong yes. Tragic yes. A sign about the political right in America, no.

I attended the Trump rally in Costa Mesa, CA. Mostly I wanted to see the reality, versus the claims by both democrats and other Republicans.

I found his supporters to be younger, more diverse, and totally unlike the lies being spread in the media.

1) I think Flake is out-of-tune with the populist Republicans.  I think he's too conservative to stand with Trump, which is what they want.

2) The guy in NC did seem premeditated to me, as he waited before gunning it into the crowd.  I don't think he was an exemplar of the political Right, but the nuttiest element of the Alt-Right.  But public figures who seemed to make excuses for that whole sorry episode, in a sense linked themselves to those crazies.

3) The violence at Trump rallies was disgusting, ginned up by idiots on both sides.  I think people outside wrongly felt empowered to attack those they saw as racists based onTrump's unfortunate rhetoric.  They were despicable.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2018, 12:09:02 am »
You have been reading to much @INVAR rhetorical fear driven fiction.

This goes far beyond one poster or one website.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2018, 12:14:14 am »
I respectfully disagree @Weird Tolkienish Figure ... the President is increasing support in the Rust Belt .... trampling through the Democrat's safe territory.

I think from a purely strategic POV this is amazing, something no other Republican -- candidate or President -- since Ronald Reagan has even attempted.

What strategy is he using? Sixty-ninth dimensional chess, art of the deal, bait and switch, alpha male, speaking truth to power?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2018, 12:20:08 am »
What strategy is he using? Sixty-ninth dimensional chess, art of the deal, bait and switch, alpha male, speaking truth to power?

He's waging an easy to win tariff war to help make the rust belt less rusty again.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Fantom

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2018, 12:23:20 am »

Any and all of the above I would think.

Best of all Trump is not using the tried and fail usual republican response. Head low.. I'm sorry.... I like his "Bite Me"... response... give 'Em Hell Trump is fine with me.

'Bout time... if it make liberal/regressive heads go all "Splody Splody... Blam Blam"  ... Good. Same for R's who cannot stand dishing back what has always come our way.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2018, 12:25:39 am »
What strategy is he using? 

Speaking the truth to forgotten Americans --- and doing it fearlessly on hallowed Democrat ground.

No one since Ronald Reagan has even attempted this.

I'm very proud of our President.

@goodwithagun

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:27:32 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2018, 12:29:35 am »
Horowitz was there. Ayers and his wife may have committed murder. The black panthers sure did.

I was in college then the military during the height of the turmoil and violence. Dems 1968 Convention. Kent State.

Communists now call themselves "progressives," but want the same things. Antifa is violent, uses communist methods.

But you already know that.

My husband’s mom was in college then at UCDavis, just going about her business ;).  I knot there were people like the Ayers; there are always extremists on all sides.   There were stupid things about the 1968 Chicago Convention and the trial of the Chicago Seven.  But that doesn’t mean everything the Hippies thought was terrible.  I don’t like the Black Panthers, but cancelling open-carry in CA because the govt didn’t want them patrolling Oakland wasn’t right, either.   

Antifa and BLM have completely relinquished any moral point by engaging in violence.  I think it’s because they’re kids, whose natural viewpoint tends to black-and-white.  Any time someone believes their way is the ONLY way, they’re ripe for corruption.  It’s true in politics as much as religion.

I know this ^^^  is all over the place, but I just don’t subscribe to such broad pronouncements. 
And I call myself a progressive and a liberal, though I’m not a Communist.  I don’t believe in ceding that ground.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2018, 12:32:39 am »
When you have GOP politicians who side with the DEMS every chance they get, why do they then continue to run under the GOP umbrella?  For what purpose?  If they no longer agree with the GOP platform, agenda or outlook for the future of their party and feel that the DEMS are correct in their thinking, then why do they continue to stay with the GOP party?  The only logical reason is that they remain in the GOP party so that the votes that they cast makes it impossible for GOP bills to pass and that they become virtually irrelevant as a party.

So, yes, RINO's like Flake, McCain, McConnell and Graham are worse than the DEMS as they are obstructionists within their own party.  I'm not by any means saying that they should not vote according to how they think or feel, but if their feelings or thinking align more with the DEMS more often then not,  then they should join them!

I think we’re going to end up with a far-right party, a far-left party, and one or two centrist parties.  That’s probably healthier for our body politic, as it will force more people to work together.

Offline DB

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2018, 12:46:10 am »
I think we’re going to end up with a far-right party, a far-left party, and one or two centrist parties.  That’s probably healthier for our body politic, as it will force more people to work together.

I think we're going to end up with a single celebrity reality star party with two different names and slightly different priorities.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:46:39 am by DB »

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2018, 12:49:16 am »
I think we're going to end up with a single celebrity reality star party with two different names and slightly different priorities.

Yikes....Thinking about "Idiocracy" ;(.  We're now too dumbed-down for _1984_ ;(.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2018, 12:49:23 am »

Well stated.

The problem..well for those of us who prefer freedom, is that the democrat party is full on marxist/sanders now. What we used to recognize as a moderate democrat.. Zell Miller/Joe Lieberman have been driven out, and those before them are called RINOS as they moved into the Republican party.

Which leaves us with two paths... the far far left, and a centrist right party. There is only one path to possible non/marxist enslavement.

Likewise you have the marxist left/democrats long march though our institutions to deal with. Win the Senate....James  Jeffords  flips D/Marxist... Need a 60th vote for "Socialized/marxist Obamacare"...... What do you know...Arlen Spector is waiting in the wings.

Need I bring up SCOTUS traitors.. s'posed R's put in place.

Frederick Douglass

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2018, 12:50:33 am »
I'm pretty sure @INVAR hates Flake, McCain, and Graham too.

I believe the voters of AZ and SC like the Senators they continue to return to Washington.  Why Flake is or isn't popular I have no better perception than you.  I live in WI.  I'm proud the Costa Mesa Trump rally didn't turn violent, perhaps Trump forgot to tell the audience to rough up any demonstrators. 
Good Job Mr. President! :patriot: