Author Topic: Woman Who Gouged Out Her Eyes Reveals Why She Did It, Says 'Life Is More Beautiful Now'  (Read 564 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Woman Who Gouged Out Her Eyes Reveals Why She Did It, Says 'Life Is More Beautiful Now'

Jason Duaine Hahn March 10, 2018 12:42 AM

Kaylee Muthart, the woman who ripped out her own eyes while in a meth-induced psychotic state last month, is finally home and hopes for a better life after losing her sight.

Muthart was found gouging out her own eyes with her hands outside of a church in Anderson, South Carolina, on February 6. The 20-year-old fought off help from locals while in a state of delirium, and it eventually took a team of deputies to restrain Muthart long enough to transport her to the trauma unit at nearby Greenville Memorial Hospital, where doctors broke the news to Muthart’s mother, Katy Tompkins, that her daughter was completely blind.

After an extended stay at the hospital and a psychiatric facility, Muthart returned to her mother’s home on March 1, and started her new chapter without sight — but with a new state of mind.

“It’s the same life, but I’m just learning everything in a new way,” Muthart tells PEOPLE. “Life’s more beautiful now, life’s more beautiful than it was being on drugs. It is a horrible world to live in.”

Months before the incident took place, Muthart says she was given marijuana from coworkers that was possibly laced with either cocaine or meth. She felt a high that she had never experienced before, and once she researched her symptoms and discovered this, she left her job and co-workers behind. She would remain out of work for another month until she landed another gig, where another coworker pressured her into trying meth for the first time. Eventually, she gave in.

“I took a video while I was on it, and I had been up three days straight,” she recalls. “I eventually got taken home and got sober and watched the videos, and put that person out of my life and stopped using the drug.”

Though she stopped using meth for a brief period of time, Muthart returned to it as she started feeling isolated and lonely. Just days before she was to enter a rehab facility, Muthart used meth and experienced a hallucination that warped her perception of her relationship with God, and then led her to the railroad tracks outside that church on an early February morning.

snip

http://people.com/human-interest/kaylee-muthart-speaks-out-gouge-out-eyes/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:39:06 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline NavyCanDo

As a child of the 1960s and 70s i must say, the drugs one could find at parties back then were baby aspirin compared to the stuff today's kids are smoking, swallowing, or injecting.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
As a child of the 1960s and 70s i must say, the drugs one could find at parties back then were baby aspirin compared to the stuff today's kids are smoking, swallowing, or injecting.

It's true!  The medical-grade marijuana you can get now is completely incapacitating and really worries me for my son's generation.  Luckily (?), he's seen the effects of drug addiction and smoking up close, so I'm hopeful he'll remain resolute. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
There's a before picture of her in the article, not bad looking. Course now her eyes are gouged out.