Author Topic: Trump's legal team weighing taking action to prevent Stormy Daniels interview from airing on '60 Min  (Read 514 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's legal team weighing taking action to prevent Stormy Daniels interview from airing on '60 Minutes': Report
by Diana Stancy Correll | Mar 11, 2018, 1:36 PM

President Trump’s legal team is weighing taking legal action to prevent an interview with adult film star Stormy Daniels from being aired on “60 Minutes,” according to a new report.

“We understand from well placed sources they are preparing to file for a legal injunction to prevent it from airing,” a person familiar with the situation told BuzzFeed News.

It’s not certain what the legal argument Trump’s lawyers would use to justify legal action, BuzzFeed reports.

The reports comes after Daniels' lawyer, Michael Avenatti, tweeted a photo of Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, with CBS News' "60 Minutes” correspondent Anderson Cooper last week.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trumps-legal-team-weighing-taking-action-to-prevent-stormy-daniels-interview-from-airing-on-60-minutes-report/article/2651306
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

Why?

Nothing happened. That's what the President said.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The only reason this story stays alive is because of Cohen's continuing dumbassery.  At this point, Sanders should just wear a big T-shirt saying...

Front:

I HAVE ALREADY ANSWERED THIS.  I WILL REFER YOU TO OUTSIDE COUNSEL.

Back:

I HAVE NOTHING TO ADD.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Applewood

Trump can't stand anything that reflects negatively on him.  He has already indicated a willingness to ride roughshod over the First Amendment to prevent any reporting that is unfavorable to him. 

I don't like CBS or any of the mainstream or cable news networks and outlets, but if there is a court battle over this interview, I hope CBS wins. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
NYT is reporting he is augmenting his legal team, to include Emmet Flood, who represented Clinton during impeachment.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,307566.0.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

NYT is reporting he is augmenting his legal team, to include Emmet Flood, who represented Clinton during impeachment.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,307566.0.html

Trump isn't man enough to resign.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn