Author Topic: How Evolution’s Devaluation of Human Life is Affecting Our Culture  (Read 422 times)

rangerrebew

How Evolution’s Devaluation of Human Life is Affecting Our Culture
By Gary DeMar March 9, 2018

For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another (Gal. 5:14-15).

Eating your neighbor is not a happy thought. None of us would consider doing it. There are internal moral constraints that keep us from becoming a Hannibal Lector. These God-ordained constraints are described as “the work of the Law written” on the heart and the “conscience bearing witness” with our “thoughts alternatively accusing or else defending” our thoughts and actions (Rom. 2:15). But these internal moral constraints have not stopped people from killing, molesting, raping, aborting, making war against, and generally abusing our neighbors. It happened quite early when Cain murdered Able (Gen. 4:1-10).

https://constitution.com/evolutions-devaluation-human-life-may-affecting-culture/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Evolution is a process.  It doesn't remove God from the universe.  This is very sloppy reasoning.  Now, if the author had said something like: the denigration of God and religion and removal from our daily lives combined with the devaluation of human life as evidenced by abortion, etc., that could be a supportable argument.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:27:26 pm by Sanguine »

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
@Sanguine
Yes!  Good post. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inherit_the_Wind_(play)

"Inherit the Wind," 1955 play and 1960 movie
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

Evolution is a process.  It doesn't remove God from the universe.  This is very sloppy reasoning.  Now, if the author had said something like: the denigration of God and religion and removal from our daily lives combined with the devaluation of human life as evidenced by abortion, etc., that could be a supportable argument.

I actually agree with the author.

One must keep in mind that evolution began as a philosophy with the goal of coming up with an origin of the earth and man that did not involve any Divine Power, resulting in what was not actually science, but a means to explain in a materialistic manner how things came about.

The meaninglessness of 19th century philosophers is reflected in the meaninglessness of the evolution of man from primordial ooze, and the removal of purpose in our existence.

Of course it has had an effect on our culture.  I believe there is a direct tie in the accident of life as explained by evolutionists and the devaluation of life among abortionists.

The early Progressives were strong Darwinists (check out Woodrow Wilson), and their racist, eugenicist, elitist destruction of our culture directly related to their belief in evolution (not to mention that they carried it over to an "evolving" Constitution).

As hard as Theists try to stick God in the evolutionary credo, it doesn't actually work. Evolution is man-centered, not God-centered.   It is accidental, not purposeful, and certainly ignores the most important thing about human beings........ that we were purposefully made in God's image.

JMHO.........
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 04:05:08 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I actually agree with the author.

One must keep in mind that evolution began as a philosophy with the goal of coming up with an origin of the earth and man that did not involve any Divine Power

No ma'am, I don't agree with that statement.  But, we're grownups so we can deal with not agreeing!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 04:13:01 am by Sanguine »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think the author of this piece is mingling two things that don't necessarily belong together. 

Evolution is a process that never ends.

IMHO our culture has been being purposefully undermined by the COMINTERN since the end of the 19th century mainly via the efforts of their "useful idiots" who were and are members of the Fabian Society.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

No ma'am, I don't agree with that statement.  But, we're grownups so we can deal with not agreeing!

I think if you dig into the history of Darwin, you'll find that I'm right about the reason for the search for another explanation, but as you said, we're adults and we can disagree.

IMO, micro-evolution is science.  Macro-evolution is faith (and a great deal of it!)

I learned long ago and far away not to get into arguments about evolution.  ^-^

BUT............ I will leave you with a quote from the movie Gettysburg that as a good southerner, might give you a smile....

Major General George E. Pickett: Sirs, perhaps there are those among you who believe you are descended from a ape. I suppose there may even be those among you who believe that I am descended from a ape. But I challenge the man to step forward who believes that General Robert E. Lee is descended from a ape.

God's unique Creation!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 03:02:08 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.