Author Topic: Maddow Seethes Over Trump Leading Possible Peace Talks With North Korea  (Read 552 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Maddow Seethes Over Trump Leading Possible Peace Talks With North Korea

by Nicholas Fondacaro | March 9, 2018 12:30 AM EST

President Trump shocked the world Thursday night when it was announced that he planned to sit down with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un in the coming months. The political world was so overwhelmed by the news that even the journalists at CNN were more or less optimistic. Yet over at MSNBC, host Rachel Maddow was anything but enthused by the idea as she spewed skepticism and threw shade at the commander-in-chief for accepting North Korea’s offer.

Towards the beginning of her bitter rant, Maddow seemed to question the President’s intelligence and/or knowledge of history for taking the meeting:

You might think another president in this circumstance, you can imagine a president asking himself or herself, “why has no other American president ever agreed to do this? Why has no sitting American president ever met with a leader from North Korea? Why has that never happened in all the decades North Korea existed as a nation? Should I take that to mean that this might be particularly risky or even an unwise move?”

Maddow whined about how Trump wasn’t doing what most presidents and even most people would do in approaching the situation. “I think a lot of people probably suspect tonight that those are not the kinds of questions that this president asked himself before agreeing to this meeting,” she said. “But this is the president we have and he said yes to North Korea.”

snip

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2018/03/09/maddow-seethes-over-trump-leading-possible-peace-talks-north
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

I post this, to give other #nevertrumpers ideas for their arguments, from Rachel Maddow.

Offline Frank Cannon

I post this, to give other #nevertrumpers ideas for their arguments, from Rachel Maddow.

Not to panic. They are all regular viewers of her program judging by their line of argument.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I *suppose* it's possible Madcow missed this ....

Trump says 'era of strategic patience is over' for North Korea
CNN, Nov 6, 2018, Kevin Liptak and Jeremy Diamond

President Donald Trump declared Monday the "era of strategic patience is over" when it comes to the United States' stance toward North Korea and reaffirmed his use of harsh rhetoric.

"Some people said that my rhetoric is very strong," he said during remarks at a joint news conference in Tokyo alongside Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. "But look at what's happened with very weak rhetoric over the last 25 years. Look where we are now."

Trump's comments came on his second day in the region, where Trump hopes to reaffirm his tough stance on North Korea and rally allies to endorse his strategy.

He achieved that with Abe, who said Monday that he "100%" agreed with Trump's strategy.

More:  https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/politics/president-donald-trump-north-korea-japan/index.html

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:45:43 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Doesn't this ignorant dyke Maddow work for the network that praised to the hilt all the North Korean propagandists that were at the Olympics this year?

Offline truth_seeker

I have heard NK is almost flat broke. They probably got rescued by Clinton and Obama in the past. I doubt Trump will play that game with them. 

Scott Adams has taken a special interest in this topic. He did a Periscope today, which I plan to listen to.

Offline thackney

What would happen if President Trump's pulled out a pistol and shot him when they meet?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Frank Cannon

What would happen if President Trump's pulled out a pistol and shot him when they meet?

If he does it on 5th Avenue, no one would care. Anywhere else the Left would be angry at the loss of a fine leader.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Trump would probable miss.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Maddow Seethes Over Trump Leading Possible Peace Talks With North Korea
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 01:19:59 am »
I have heard NK is almost flat broke. They probably got rescued by Clinton and Obama in the past. I doubt Trump will play that game with them. 

Scott Adams has taken a special interest in this topic. He did a Periscope today, which I plan to listen to.

Yes, and I'm sure Un thinks that will happen this time.  I can't see him giving up his nukes.  I hope Trump has some big tricks up his sleeve.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 04:01:07 am »
Maddow is a sad sad woman :P
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 04:08:52 pm »
I love how Sarah Huckabee Sanders walked back Trump's bombast.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn