Author Topic: Martin Shkreli sentenced to 7 years in prison  (Read 563 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Martin Shkreli sentenced to 7 years in prison
« on: March 09, 2018, 07:27:32 pm »
Martin Shkreli sentenced to 7 years in prison
By Avery Anapol - 03/09/18 02:02 PM EST

Former drug company CEO Martin Shkreli has been sentenced to seven years in prison, according to multiple reports.

Prosecutors had asked U.S. District Court Judge Kiyo Matsumototo to sentence Shkreli to up to 15 years in prison for deceiving hedge fund investors.

Shkreli came into the national spotlight after he raised the price of a drug used to treat AIDS and cancer patients by more than 5,000 percent.

His sentencing was related to securities fraud connected to two hedge funds he operated.  Shkreli was convicted last August.

Shkreli was ordered earlier this month to forfeit $736 million in assets, including a Picasso painting and single copy Wu-Tang  Clan album.

DEVELOPING

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/377631-martin-shkreli-sentenced-to-7-years-in-prison-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

Re: Martin Shkreli sentenced to 7 years in prison
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 07:30:43 pm »
He thought he was a Clinton but wasn't...

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 08:55:12 pm »
He cried like the little bitch that he is!...
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 09:01:21 pm »
Word on the street is that Sessions is taking the Wu Tang album to display in his office.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 09:14:55 pm »
My doc recently gave me a sample of a pain drug for my knee problems. It was great, worked like crazy! I was about to ask him to write a Rx, then I did some googling and saw that the manufacturer had raised the price to something over $3,000 for a one-month supply.  :thud:

A little more online searching, and I discovered the drug was nothing more than high-dose Aleve and Prilosec combined in one tablet. I could replace  one expensive (roughly $50) pill with a couple of generic naproxen tabs and an omeprazole capsule, for probably less than 50 cents.

he raised the price of a drug used to treat AIDS and cancer patients by more than 5,000 percent.
I don't care what ailment a drug is designed to treat, raising the price so radically (yeah, I'm talking about you, Heather Manchin Bresch, and your EpiPens) is just obscene.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 09:28:47 pm »
Word on the street is that Sessions is taking the Wu Tang album to display in his office.

Sum Ting Wong with that that.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 01:32:53 am »
mountaineer observed (correctly):
"I don't care what ailment a drug is designed to treat, raising the price so radically (yeah, I'm talking about you, Heather Manchin Bresch, and your EpiPens) is just obscene."

Want to know where the impetus for socialized medicine and single payer will come from?
Look no further than this guy and drug companies that do similar price hikes.

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 02:55:42 am »
Good! In my feeble mind, there is a huge difference between what this guy did and the free market.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 10:24:44 am »
Good! In my feeble mind, there is a huge difference between what this guy did and the free market.

And to date no Wall Street banker has ever been prosecuted for actions that precipitated the banking crisis ten years ago.

I don't feel sorry for him, or the hedge fund investors that lost money. They are supposed to be "sophisticated investors", knowledgeable of all the risks inherent with hedge funds.

He'll be fine...will probably be out in a couple of years, with millions remaining in his bank account. He's obviously a smart fellow, and will be sought after on Wall Street.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Stevensr123

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 11:20:02 am »
And to date no Wall Street banker has ever been prosecuted for actions that precipitated the banking crisis ten years ago.

I don't feel sorry for him, or the hedge fund investors that lost money. They are supposed to be "sophisticated investors", knowledgeable of all the risks inherent with hedge funds.

He'll be fine...will probably be out in a couple of years, with millions remaining in his bank account. He's obviously a smart fellow, and will be sought after on Wall Street.
I think their was one person... still The most disgusting thing that has ever happened and the people are still paying for it. globally we truly bent over backwards.

Over here in the UK we actually bought out some banks and became majority shareholders. only to sell our shares on the cheap with the very same bankers making huge amounts of profits.

Anyway nice to see some justice being done for this snake.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 02:08:04 pm »
U mad, pharma bro?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 08:31:11 pm »

There's an excellent documentary, called "Abacus", about the one small bank that was prosecuted.  It really is worth watching.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.