Author Topic: Biggest stadium in world with capacity of 135,000 to be built in Iraq as a present from Saudi Arabia  (Read 332 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5767582/biggest-stadium-world-iraq-saudi-arabia-king/

THE biggest stadium in the world is set to be built in Iraq... as a gift from Saudi Arabia's King Salman.

The 135,000-seater ground has been given the go-ahead after Iraq beat the nation 4-1 in a recent friendly match.

A 135,000-seater stadium will be built in Iraq as a gift from Saudi Arabia's king

Prior to the game, King Salman promised to build Iraq a stadium if they ran out winners on February 28.

The match was the first full international played on home soil since the 1990 invasion of Kuwait that sparked an international embargo.

Despite being massive underdogs, the Iraqi XI ran out comprehensive winners, thanks to two goals Muhanad Ali, one from Emad Mohsin Majeed and a Saeed Awadh Al Yami own goal.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online mountaineer

Sounds like a plan.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
What could go wrong.

My first thought though was that this is probably intended for the public beheadings and stonings they like in Saudi.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline berdie

Yep, that's where I would spend my afternoon in Iraq.