Author Topic: JUST IN: Rumors of Retirement Swirl Around Anti-Trump Leader [McCain]  (Read 4023 times)

Offline DB

Re: JUST IN: Rumors of Retirement Swirl Around Anti-Trump Leader [McCain]
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2018, 02:07:58 am »

Offline MOD4

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2018, 02:10:41 am »
Nice new avatar/badge!

Thanks!  We all got them....

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2018, 04:37:18 am »
50 bucks says the McCain Kid eats his boogers.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2018, 10:49:06 am »
They are not worried. They are buying McCains corpse to sit in on these shows Weekend at Bernie's style.

Why do you think his daughter was hired by The View? Accomplishes the same mission.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2018, 10:53:05 am »
He likes the power and the money that the Senate provides him and has enabled him to lie and to manipulate people.  He's not about to resign knowing that's what people want him to do and knowing it's the right thing to do.

I feel for his wife and daughter, it is an extremely difficult time for them.  Watching someone fading away from cancer is like being on a roller coaster ride; the cancer victim has periods of where they start makng improvements followed by periods where they take a turn for the worse, then they show some hopeful signs of improvement and the cycle continues until a point is reached where there are no more weeks or days of improvement and finally the cancer wins the battle.  It's a sad struggle.

You nailed it, bele. My MIL passed away from cancer about ten years ago. My wife got back from visiting her on a Sunday night, she was so happy that her mom was responding to the latest treatment.

Less than 12 hours later, we were on the road to El Paso, after being notified of a relapse. She passed away at about 10 PM Monday night.

It's been my experience that Generals Winter, Mud, Cancer, and Time never lose.

I've never understood McCain, and the rest of the Congressmen For Life that were obviously consumed by the perqs and power of their positions, to the detriment of average Americans.

Maybe it's just me, I retired as soon as I could (and before my wife wanted me too... :rolling:), a few months ago. My needs are simple, and we're comfortable. I got a part time job just to get out of the house, it basically pays me to work out for a few hours several days a week. I've lost 15 pounds in two months, and my blood pressure is now "ideal", 114/72.

My grandson spends one night a week with us, and I get to walk him to school the following morning...at his request. He's 7 1/2, and the time is drawing near for when he'd rather go it alone.

I don't pay any attention to McCain anymore, but offer prayers to his family.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:00:13 am by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2018, 02:57:49 pm »
Liberty's description of the slow and uneven progression of cancer is spot on...I lost my father to lung cancer a few years back so I've seen it up close and personal. There were days near the end where suddenly he seemed almost his normal...great sense of humor and irony...self. And then he'd lapse into almost a stupor of pain and mental confusion (his pain meds were very powerful).

Anyway, my point is that this process is brutal on a family and I think we should be very careful judging how an individual and their family deal with this...I could see how some might throw themselves into their work, especially if they feel a "calling" as many in politics likely do. Clearly, McCain isn't acting out of greed or a desire to attain power...the knowledge of impending death makes such things trivial. Likely, he truly believes the causes for which he advocates...and likely sees the President as bad for the nation, and so opposes him even as death approaches.

I strongly disagree with McCain and his positions these past few years...particularly I oppose his view of the President. But the man's life commands respect and his politics do not abrogate that right to be viewed and treated with some reverence for his service. He took a lot of beatings and stood up for his fellow prisoners in a place that was a living hell. So I will disagree with him, but it makes me a bit sad to see people disrespecting him...and judging his family...at a very difficult time at the end of his life. I apologize if that sounds like I'm lecturing.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline anubias

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2018, 04:34:54 am »
Anyone do a close up on that pic?  Looks to me like at least his left eye is closed; possibly sleeping?  Look at the reflection of him in her sunglasses.  I don't think he's in a wheel chair, but he sure looks weirdly posed and/or legs look extremely thin.

You’re right.  He looks almost prostrate and propped on a patio chair in the reflection of her sunglasses.  The wheelchair is beside them.