Author Topic: JUST IN: Rumors of Retirement Swirl Around Anti-Trump Leader [McCain]  (Read 4012 times)

rangerrebew

Re: JUST IN: Rumors of Retirement Swirl Around Anti-Trump Leader [McCain]
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2018, 06:16:55 pm »
This surprises me.  I would have thought McLame's hatred was so strong, he would want his skeleton in congress (to vote with democrats) rather than give Trump the peace of mind to see him gone.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2018, 06:20:46 pm »
Exactly.  I mean he has a daughter and a wife somewhere, but I guess he defines himself by being a Senator.

Face it, McCain, you haven't been a Senator for a long time.

He likes the power and the money that the Senate provides him and has enabled him to lie and to manipulate people.  He's not about to resign knowing that's what people want him to do and knowing it's the right thing to do.

I feel for his wife and daughter, it is an extremely difficult time for them.  Watching someone fading away from cancer is like being on a roller coaster ride; the cancer victim has periods of where they start makng improvements followed by periods where they take a turn for the worse, then they show some hopeful signs of improvement and the cycle continues until a point is reached where there are no more weeks or days of improvement and finally the cancer wins the battle.  It's a sad struggle.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 06:23:58 pm »
Sounds like he is getting his affairs in order.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2018, 06:42:25 pm »
Indeed.
Washington Examiner

It's a pretty sad state of affairs we have to learn of the status of a US Senator's physical fitness to hold the office by way of tweets from his wife.  It's also sad we have news stories that say Mark Kelly is to be the replacement.  We'd be taking pitchforks and torches down to the State Capital if Ducey ever named that gun-grabbing astro-brain to that seat.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:55:13 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2018, 06:54:33 pm »
He likes the power and the money that the Senate provides him and has enabled him to lie and to manipulate people.  He's not about to resign knowing that's what people want him to do and knowing it's the right thing to do.

I feel for his wife and daughter, it is an extremely difficult time for them.  Watching someone fading away from cancer is like being on a roller coaster ride; the cancer victim has periods of where they start makng improvements followed by periods where they take a turn for the worse, then they show some hopeful signs of improvement and the cycle continues until a point is reached where there are no more weeks or days of improvement and finally the cancer wins the battle.  It's a sad struggle.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn his wife doesn't give a squirt about how he feels, and is the one who's propping him up to keep the sinecure coming.  I think his daughter has finally gotten a handle on things and really is upset about his condition.  She's certainly not one of us, but I think she's probably a decent person.  Glad I am not the guy she's with, though.  Had a GF like that once and it was not a great time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline anubias

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2018, 06:58:41 pm »
I read somewhere that McCain will stay on life support until after the 2018 elections to enable his appointed replacement to finish out McCain’s term in office as opposed to having to survive a special election.   :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2018, 07:21:28 pm »
I read somewhere that McCain will stay on life support until after the 2018 elections to enable his appointed replacement to finish out McCain’s term in office as opposed to having to survive a special election.   :shrug:

It wouldn't surprise me, and we'd have 8-9 months of constant lying by his friendly press, and having Jeff Flake being our only representative in the Senate.  AZ is so screwed.
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2018, 07:33:11 pm »
Someone here posted a selfie that the wife posted on Twitter a few days ago.  I commented that it looked like a Weekend At Bernie's for sure.  Craziness.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2018, 07:45:04 pm »
Cindy McCain
‏Verified account @cindymccain
23h23 hours ago

Contrary to popular belief @SenJohnMcCain is doing fine and has no intention of resigning! #crackpots

Crackpots, really? His constituents pondering the health of their Senator are crackpots?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2018, 07:57:28 pm »
Crackpots, really? His constituents pondering the health of their Senator are crackpots?

That's the way I read that , @mountaineer.  I'm a crackpot.  Since it's John and/or Cindy McCain, I had already factored in the snark and BS insults so I didn't really notice that.  Those two hate the snot out of AZ's conservatives already.  I'd be shocked if either of them ever said something nice about us.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2018, 08:02:45 pm »

Which makes me laugh, because the first question out of my mouth is 'why then Cindy is it you and not the Senator that's doing the speaking?'

We all know what he has, and how bad it is. He's been quiet for weeks, and we're crackpots for wondering what is up?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2018, 08:16:42 pm »
Which makes me laugh, because the first question out of my mouth is 'why then Cindy is it you and not the Senator that's doing the speaking?'

We all know what he has, and how bad it is. He's been quiet for weeks, and we're crackpots for wondering what is up?

Apparently tweets are issuing from his Twitter account, but they're all boilerplate that tells us nothing about who is writing them.  But yeah, I'd be burned up at the "crackpot" thing if I didn't already detest him for treating conservatives like dog crap for all these many years.
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2018, 08:20:53 pm »
Apparently tweets are issuing from his Twitter account, but they're all boilerplate that tells us nothing about who is writing them.  But yeah, I'd be burned up at the "crackpot" thing if I didn't already detest him for treating conservatives like dog crap for all these many years.

:pondering:  John "Gill" McCain

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2018, 08:30:53 pm »
:pondering:  John "Gill" McCain

I'm reminded of that episode every time I think of my Sr. Senator.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2018, 09:00:32 pm »
Someone here posted a selfie that the wife posted on Twitter a few days ago.  I commented that it looked like a Weekend At Bernie's for sure.  Craziness.
I saw one from last week she posted to Instagram. All you can see is John's nostril hair. It doesn't really speak to his overall health.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2018, 09:13:37 pm »
I saw one from last week she posted to Instagram. All you can see is John's nostril hair. It doesn't really speak to his overall health.

**nononono*

Pic here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf30hIhH7X-/?utm_source=ig_embed
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2018, 09:15:05 pm »

Yep, that's the one I'm talking about.  He could have been dead in that pic for all we know.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2018, 09:16:48 pm »
Yep, that's the one I'm talking about.  He could have been dead in that pic for all we know.

And we're the crackpots.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2018, 09:19:38 pm »
If I had to guess, I'd say he's holding off on resigning until the end of July...if he can hang on that long. Doing so allows Ducey to appoint someone until the 2020 election rather than rushing a quick election for 2018. Ducey is a pro-Trump guy...so this would be a very good thing.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2018, 09:22:24 pm »
And we're the crackpots.

Been trying to tell y'all that for a while now.   :tongue2:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2018, 09:30:03 pm »
Been trying to tell y'all that for a while now.   :tongue2:

I've known you think I'm a crackpot for some time now, and I'm OK with that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline anubias

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2018, 10:28:37 pm »

Good Lord.

Offline anubias

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2018, 10:31:18 pm »
And we're the crackpots.

Exactly.  Why Would Cindy McCain think this photo would help her get people to believe that he isn’t at least on a ventilator? 

After seeing that photo, I have even more doubt that he is breathing on his own and “doing better”.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2018, 10:53:37 pm »
**nononono*

Pic here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf30hIhH7X-/?utm_source=ig_embed

Anyone do a close up on that pic?  Looks to me like at least his left eye is closed; possibly sleeping?  Look at the reflection of him in her sunglasses.  I don't think he's in a wheel chair, but he sure looks weirdly posed and/or legs look extremely thin.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2018, 02:02:13 am »
Merged.