Author Topic: Nolte: Trump Calling Chuck Todd a Son of a B*tch Is Good for America  (Read 8689 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Nolte: Trump Calling Chuck Todd a Son of a B*tch Is Good for America
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2018, 06:27:18 pm »
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2018, 07:15:09 pm »

! No longer available

I think you posted that song in response to something melodramatic that I said once.

It made me smile then and it makes me smile now.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2018, 07:28:34 pm »
I think you posted that song in response to something melodramatic that I said once.

It made me smile then and it makes me smile now.

You got Lonely Man, aka The Incredible Hulk Theme.    :laugh:

! No longer available

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2018, 08:21:26 pm »
We’ll then........ they BOTH made me smile!

It’s a nice response to the melodrama (which of course is itself based on melodies).

:beer:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2018, 10:10:29 pm »
What did you expect? That Conservatives would yield to pragmatists, or that pragmatists would suddenly adopt a principled position?

No.  I figured that intelligent people with different opinions would eventually learn to discuss those opinions in a relatively civil manner.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2018, 10:20:33 pm »
No.  I figured that intelligent people with different opinions would eventually learn to discuss those opinions in a relatively civil manner.

Most can, I think.

Online corbe

« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2018, 01:28:28 am »
Most can, I think.

@musiclady, I couldn't agree more, there are plenty of Trumpers here that I would miss if they left.  It's a pretty passionate, dynamic group that Myst has cobbled together and sometimes we forget we are guests in her house.  No constant Briefathons nor commercials, just good folks.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2018, 01:51:13 am »
   @musiclady, I couldn't agree more, there are plenty of Trumpers here that I would miss if they left.  It's a pretty passionate, dynamic group that Myst has cobbled together and sometimes we forget we are guests in her house.  No constant Briefathons nor commercials, just good folks.

I heartily agree. That’s why it bugs me when a handful of them diss the forum and the mods so much.

This is really an oasis in an angry world where no one seems to be able to talk civilly.

@corbe

Offline libertybele

« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2018, 02:23:16 am »
I heartily agree. That’s why it bugs me when a handful of them diss the forum and the mods so much.

This is really an oasis in an angry world where no one seems to be able to talk civilly.

@corbe

888high58888  Very well stated.  This forum allows us to vent our frustrations, to share our ideas and to share our differences and for the most part without ridicule, name-calling and belittling.  The majority  in here demonstrate a mutual respect for one another for the most part.  We are all human, we all have our days and moments, (thanks to Myst for putting up with all of us) but in general I think over the past several years we've remained civil towards each other.  We have a few 'hams' in here, but ... even they for the most part keep their comments in check towards others in here.  Kuddos to the Mods for running such a great forum! 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 02:25:55 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2018, 02:57:35 am »
888high58888  Very well stated.  This forum allows us to vent our frustrations, to share our ideas and to share our differences and for the most part without ridicule, name-calling and belittling.  The majority  in here demonstrate a mutual respect for one another for the most part.  We are all human, we all have our days and moments, (thanks to Myst for putting up with all of us) but in general I think over the past several years we've remained civil towards each other.  We have a few 'hams' in here, but ... even they for the most part keep their comments in check towards others in here.  Kuddos to the Mods for running such a great forum!

Amen to every word!

I think the majority of us are fine with disagreeing with each other on some things because we agree on the basics.

Only a few veer from that description and try to force their views on others.

I hope this place keeps going forever!

Online corbe

« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2018, 02:58:36 am »
   I've come to know a couple of them, unfortunately, especially #4 and #8, and they do make a lot of sense, unless I'm playing the ornery old fool.
   I frequent my fair share of interwebz and you Briefers rock. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2018, 04:50:18 am »

Not possible when one side begins with the premise that the others are 'haters'.