Author Topic: Ontario brings in 'pay transparency' bill aimed at closing gender wage gap  (Read 368 times)

Offline Suppressed

Ontario brings in 'pay transparency' bill aimed at closing gender wage gap
Pay transparency measures will begin with Ontario public service before applying to large employers
The Canadian Press Posted: Mar 06, 2018 6:09 AM ET Last Updated: Mar 06, 2018 4:02 PM ET

Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne announced a 'pay transparency bill' during women's summit at the AGO on Tuesday. (Martin Trainor/CBC)

Ontario introduced legislation Tuesday that aims to close the wage gap between women and men in the province.

If passed, the "pay transparency" bill would require all publicly advertised job postings to include a salary rate or range, bar employers from asking about past compensation and prohibit reprisal against employees who do discuss or disclose compensation.

It would also create a framework that would require large employers to track and report compensation gaps based on gender and other diversity characteristics, and disclose the information to the province.

The pay transparency measures will begin with the Ontario public service before applying to employers with more than 500 employees. It will later extend to those with more than 250 workers.

The government says it will spend up to $50 million over the next three years on the initiative.

[...]

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline LMAO

Should work out as well as their attempt at a green economy or their $15 an hour Minimum wage increase
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy