Author Topic: Republicans fear Roy Moore, Todd Akin repeat in Chris McDaniel  (Read 297 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans fear Roy Moore, Todd Akin repeat in Chris McDaniel
by Al Weaver | Mar 8, 2018, 12:01 AM

Republican senators are worried about State Sen. Chris McDaniel's, R-Ellsberg, Mississippi Senate campaign and are prepared to once again block him from ousting one of their own incumbents.

As Republicans hold onto a slim 51-49 majority in the Senate, they have prioritized getting Republican Party incumbents and their top recruits across the finish line, especially after losing a seat to Sen. Doug Jones, D-Ala., last year.

This means re-electing Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., electing a replacement for Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss., and keeping out insurgent candidates they fear will jeopardize winnable races, as Roy Moore did in Alabama. McDaniel lost a GOP primary to Cochran in 2014.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/republicans-fear-roy-moore-todd-akin-repeat-in-chris-mcdaniel/article/2650970
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Republicans fear Roy Moore, Todd Akin repeat in Chris McDaniel
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 03:45:46 pm »
Translation:  We ain't gonna allow no mo outsiders in here come hell or high water!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Republicans fear Roy Moore, Todd Akin repeat in Chris McDaniel
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 04:21:23 pm »
If they fear a repeat, maybe they ought to consider doing something different.