Author Topic: Parkland Shooting Suspect Seen 'Smiling And Giggling' In Jail, Records Show  (Read 403 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

The 19-year-old accused of killing 17 students and teachers in Florida last month was observed "smiling and giggling" on multiple occasions during his time behind bars, according to jail records.

Deputies said Nikolas Cruz "appeared to break out in laughter" while in custody Feb. 20, just six days after the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, according to observation reports obtained by ABC affiliate WFTS on Wednesday.

He was also "observed smiling and giggling" on Feb. 23 while speaking to with his attorneys, according to corrections officers who monitored Cruz's behavior.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/parkland-shooting-suspect-seen-smiling-giggling-jail-records-094004414--abc-news-topstories.html
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:12:44 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline goatprairie

The little jerk will probably get a life sentence. If I were in charge of things, it would be different. He would be looking at his hanging which would have happened a day or so after the trial. We'd see if he would be laughing and giggling as he climbed the steps to the scaffold and then the noose placed around his neck.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot gauge the behavior of a person in jail. Everyone reacts differently in a way. Jail is a high stress environment and people need to relieve the stress somehow. Some laugh, some cry, some scream and yell, some masturbate obsessively. It just depends on the person.

Crazy people are known to laugh at weird things. Things that no of us consider to be funny. But a crazy person in jail laughing does not in any way mean that he is 'happy'. It could mean anything, but most likely it is a reaction to stress. Especially if his crazy brain is finally starting to comprehend what is in store for him for the rest of his entire life.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:35:52 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline verga

The 19-year-old accused of killing 17 students and teachers in Florida last month was observed "smiling and giggling" on multiple occasions during his time behind bars, according to jail records.

Deputies said Nikolas Cruz "appeared to break out in laughter" while in custody Feb. 20, just six days after the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, according to observation reports obtained by ABC affiliate WFTS on Wednesday.

He was also "observed smiling and giggling" on Feb. 23 while speaking to with his attorneys, according to corrections officers who monitored Cruz's behavior.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/parkland-shooting-suspect-seen-smiling-giggling-jail-records-094004414--abc-news-topstories.html
@edpc There is a certain Hierarchy in prison. Murders are at or near the top. Child molesters and child killers are at or near the bottom. Generally they don't last very long when they are in Gen pop. If they are to survive they need to be in solitary of in a specially segregated population.
frankly I don't see him lasting very long at all.   
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
You cannot gauge the behavior of a person in jail. Everyone reacts differently in a way. Jail is a high stress environment and people need to relieve the stress somehow. Some laugh, some cry, some scream and yell, some masturbate obsessively. It just depends on the person.

Crazy people are known to laugh at weird things. Things that no of us consider to be funny. But a crazy person in jail laughing does not in any way mean that he is 'happy'. It could mean anything, but most likely it is a reaction to stress. Especially if his crazy brain is finally starting to comprehend what is in store for him for the rest of his entire life.

That's a very keen observation, some people have guilt trips over little things, relatively speaking. You rush by people, you look rude, don't open the door for someone, something like this. I can't imagine having the weight of guilt of doing something like what he did.

I've even known of mainly, people who have killed others in drunk driving accidents (or not even necessarily drunk), an example, a guy in high school, I never knew the guy directly or personally. He was driving, he wrecked his car, a fellow student who again, I knew of, got killed. I believe the driver was hurt as well.  Then, one of the last school assemblies of the year, 3 months or so after the accident, the driver of that accident that killed another student showed up. I was like, "you show your face around here?"  Any of us can get into an accident that kills another person, fingers crossed but I could hardly bear that kind of weight of having done such a thing.  The guy mentioned must have been out on bail, I'm pretty sure he faced, at least manslaughter.  I still remember the names, the details, not so much. That was before the internet.

Like you said, it could be a form of relief.  It may be a total disconnect from reality.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 05:43:03 pm by TomSea »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
He will probably be found not guilty, by reason of insanity.

The guy who shot Reagan, now walks freely, since his sanity has supposedly been restored.

But OTOH the Aurora Colorado theater shooter, was found sane enough to be tried and found guilty.

If it were up to me, there would be no insanity defense. You either did it or not, period.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

Why wouldn't this shitbag be upbeat? He went from disaffected loser to national celebrity in short order.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I have no doubt his lawyer schooled him on behaving batshit crazy so as to bolster his defense in an attempt to land him in a cozy psych facility for a few years before his wondrous return to sanity and release into society.