Author Topic: Saudi Prince Says Turkey and Iran Anchor 'Triangle of Evil'  (Read 469 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Saudi Prince Says Turkey and Iran Anchor 'Triangle of Evil'
« on: March 07, 2018, 03:20:23 pm »
Saudi Prince Says Turkey and Iran Anchor 'Triangle of Evil'
Bloomberg

Saudi Arabia’s crown prince said Iran, Turkey and extremist groups represent a “triangle of evil,” and predicted the kingdom’s confrontation with Gulf Arab neighbor Qatar could last for years.

Mohammed Bin Salman, in an interview with Egyptian newspaper editors in Cairo this week, also accused the Muslim Brotherhood of exploiting democracy in the region and said Turkey, its patron, is trying to revive a caliphate, the Al-Shorouk daily reported. Both Saudi Arabia and Egypt have designated the Brotherhood as a terrorist organization.

The prince’s comments were the latest broadside in a heated rhetorical battle among Saudi Arabia, Iran and Turkey as the three Middle East powerhouses vie for predominance at a time of deepening confrontation. Since his father became king in 2015, Prince Mohammed has leapfrogged other Saudi royals to become his Sunni kingdom’s undisputed leader. Along the way he has overhauled foreign policy, largely in an effort to contain the influence of Shiite Iran.

Read more at: http://time.com/5189385/saudi-prince-turkey-iran-evil/

Offline TomSea

Re: Saudi Prince Says Turkey and Iran Anchor 'Triangle of Evil'
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 04:31:20 pm »
Any "Kingdom" that cuts peoples heads off... I have reservations about and doing it in fairly high numbers and for charges like being a witch or something.  Admittedly, I'd have to read up on this more and at the same time, it does seem like KSA is turning a corner, trying to.... but real results on the affect on the world as a whole may not be seen for years if not decades.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 05:26:33 pm by TomSea »

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 05:44:33 pm »
Any "Kingdom" that cuts peoples heads off... I have reservations about and doing it in fairly high numbers and for charges like being a witch or something.  Admittedly, I'd have to read up on this more and at the same time, it does seem like KSA is turning a corner, trying to.... but real results on the affect on the world as a whole may not be seen for years if not decades.

You are concerned with beheadings?  Heck, KSA still uses stoning, amputation and flogging as a punishment.  They excute those under 18.

UN human rights watchdog orders Saudi Arabia to stop stoning children
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-stoning-un-children-united-nations-a7349861.html

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 05:46:05 pm »
Pot, meet kettle.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 06:06:22 pm »
It's been a dunghole since the 1400s and it will always be one.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 06:41:28 pm »
Like it or not, we have to live with them, per besides those who want to turn parts of the world into glass, I hope no one here, as of now, that is not realistic.

Many of us were ruled by Kings, then, there was a horrible conflict between 1939 and 1945. What did Ann Frank say? Something like,
“In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can’t build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and death. I see the world gradually being turned into a wilderness, I hear the ever approaching thunder, which will destroy us too, I can feel the sufferings of millions and yet, if I look up into the heavens, I think that it will all come right, that this cruelty too will end, and that peace and tranquility will return again.

Turkish genocide against Armenians and others, there were the Arab vs. Israel wars for some time, there has been Palestinian terrorism for some time, there was the Bengali massacres and genocide back in the early '70s, plenty of other folks caused trouble too, the Japanese, Red China, Cambodia.

Who knows what can be done. Maybe something.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 06:42:19 pm by TomSea »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 06:54:22 pm »
Like it or not, we have to live with them, per besides those who want to turn parts of the world into glass, I hope no one here, as of now, that is not realistic.

Many of us were ruled by Kings, then, there was a horrible conflict between 1939 and 1945. What did Ann Frank say? Something like,
“In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can’t build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and death. I see the world gradually being turned into a wilderness, I hear the ever approaching thunder, which will destroy us too, I can feel the sufferings of millions and yet, if I look up into the heavens, I think that it will all come right, that this cruelty too will end, and that peace and tranquility will return again.

Turkish genocide against Armenians and others, there were the Arab vs. Israel wars for some time, there has been Palestinian terrorism for some time, there was the Bengali massacres and genocide back in the early '70s, plenty of other folks caused trouble too, the Japanese, Red China, Cambodia.

Who knows what can be done. Maybe something.

Long term there is no living with them.  It's join them or die.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 01:57:47 am »
Long term there is no living with them.  It's join them or die.
Um, er, kill them, kill them all.