Author Topic: Dialing For Dollars: Members Of Congress Are Instructed To Spend 4 Hours A Day On The Telephone Rais  (Read 260 times)

rangerrebew

Dialing For Dollars: Members Of Congress Are Instructed To Spend 4 Hours A Day On The Telephone Raising Money

Both parties instruct their members to spend approximately four hours a day on the telephone raising money for the Party instead of doing the job the people elected them to do.
Michael Snyder — March 6, 2018

When I made the decision to run for Congress, I figured that I better learn how members of the House of Representatives actually spend their time, and what I learned chilled me to the core.  It turns out that both parties instruct their members to spend approximately four hours a day on the telephone raising money.  As a new member of Congress, I would be expected to raise $200,000 for the National Republican Congressional Committee, and that would require me to spend enormous amounts of time away from the job that I was actually elected to do.  Of course, I have already pledged that I will not “dial for dollars”, and the establishment is not pleased about that at all.  To me, it is absolutely disgraceful what our system has become.  Today, members of Congress are essentially mid-level telemarketers for the NRCC or the DCCC, and it is time that we said enough is enough.

https://freedomoutpost.com/dialing-dollars-members-congress-instructed-spend-4-hours-day-telephone-raising-money/

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
And then Michael Snyder turns around to ask for yet another handout to stop the handouts. 

I get cold calls all the time.  They are robots asking for money for the party of your choice or not your choice.

What a waste of time.

*****rollingeyes*****
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra