Author Topic: Trump On White House Chaos: 'I lLike Conflict'  (Read 827 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Trump On White House Chaos: 'I lLike Conflict'
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 02:00:42 pm »
If Trump really likes chaos and conflict, he should be thrilled with the last week or so:  Hope Hicks and Gary Cohn have resigned, Republicans are against his tariffs, former advisor Sam Nunberg has come across as a complete nut job, Mueller appears to be getting closer and closer, Kelly Anne Conway was found to have violated the Hatch Act, Stormy Daniels has claimed her NDA is null and void, and Michael Cohen indicated to friends he wasn't reimbursed for his payoff to Daniels. If you like chaos and conflict, this has got to be your kind of White House.

Isn't that how six dimensional chess works?

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2018, 02:13:21 pm »
You forgot to mention that he saved the Union and freed millions of human being from abject slavery. You also left out that he is considered to be our greatest President by most historians...minor details to you, perhaps, but a rather big deal to most Americans. So yes, I agree, great choice of analogies on my part. And, to be fair, like Lincoln...President Trump stirs an intense depth of hatred amongst his enemies and faces an unending torrent of slander from the press. Heck, Lincoln was often viewed very unfavorably by the Union public...yet he persevered and saved the Nation, making us a stronger and more free Republic.

So if the worst stone you can throw is to call Trump a modern day Lincoln...then by all means cast that stone. In my view, they are two truly great Republican leaders.

Got news for you - the republic died in 1861.  In order to preserve the union statism was ushered in.  The same historians that rank Lincoln so high also think FDR is in the top 3, so call me unimpressed with their opinions.

The best president was and ways will be Washington.  He never wanted the position to be permanent, so he set the modern day example by self limitation to two terms.  He sought to limit its reach and eschewed the power.  He would have been extremely uncomfortable with the memorialization and glorification of him.  That's the polar opposite of DJT.

The true legacy of Trump is and always will be "at least it wasn't Hillary."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 02:14:51 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2018, 02:17:36 pm »

Got news for you - the republic died in 1861.  In order to preserve the union statism was ushered in.  The same historians that rank Lincoln so high also think FDR is in the top 3, so call me unimpressed with their opinions.

The best president was and ways will be Washington.  He never wanted the position to be permanent, so he set the modern day example by self limitation to two terms.  He sought to limit its reach and eschewed the power.  He would have been extremely uncomfortable with the memorialization and glorification of him.  That's the polar opposite of DJT.

The true legacy of Trump is and always will be "at least it wasn't Hillary."

@edpc, I agree with you on Lincoln, but we have the advantage of being able to look back on his whole presidency and the aftermath.  We don't have that with Trump.  Just as the ETs can't legitimately claim accomplishments, like NK, that haven't happened yet, you can't claim he has failed yet.  He's such a wild card, who knows what will happen?

Offline edpc

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 02:29:24 pm »
@edpc, I agree with you on Lincoln, but we have the advantage of being able to look back on his whole presidency and the aftermath.  We don't have that with Trump.  Just as the ETs can't legitimately claim accomplishments, like NK, that haven't happened yet, you can't claim he has failed yet.  He's such a wild card, who knows what will happen?

We have a one year view of his presidency, but, thanks to him, a nearly 40 year view of the man.  He's a mile wide and a micron deep.  The previous WH occupant was also a superficial narcissist.  We're not supposed to care about Trump's, because he's 'our' narcissist.  Events in the interim are always unpredictable - you are correct.  I don't believe the end results will be.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 02:35:32 pm »

How many of Lincoln's cabinet and advisors resigned in the first year? Besides, great choice. You picked an example of a president that suspended habeas corpus, let us into Civil War, and got assassinated.

And what's the point of having a dissenting opinion in your cabinet if all you're going to do is mock them on social media label them as something they're not to their face and force them to resign?

He likes the conflict because it feeds his ego...he stirs the pot then sits back and relishes the chaos that ensues.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2018, 02:44:17 pm »
And what's the point of having a dissenting opinion in your cabinet if all you're going to do is mock them on social media label them as something they're not to their face and force them to resign?

He likes the conflict because it feeds his ego...he stirs the pot then sits back and relishes the chaos that ensues.

! No longer available

Well, we know he thinks everyone is great until they leave.  That's been his SOP for decades.  At least he admits it with Cohn.  Watch at the 13:00 mark when asked about his economic advisor this past January at the Camp David meeting.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 03:14:00 pm »

This chaos allows him to take credit when things turn out well in spite of the chaos, and pass the blame when it turns to fecal matter.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.