Author Topic: Trump On White House Chaos: 'I lLike Conflict'  (Read 828 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump On White House Chaos: 'I lLike Conflict'
« on: March 07, 2018, 12:57:48 am »
WASHINGTON — Amid unusually high staff turnover, confusion over major policies, and unexpected salvos from the tweeter-in-chief, President Trump on Tuesday portrayed the White House as a dream place to work but admitted: “I like conflict.”

“It’s tough, I like conflict, I like having two people with different points of view – and I certainly have that – and then I make a decision,” he said at a joint press conference with visiting Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven. “But I like watching it, I like seeing it, and I think it’s the best way to go.”

Earlier in the day, Trump had denied that his West Wing was in “chaos,” but cryptically added “I still have some people that I want to change.” That poured fuel on speculation that he could part ways with troubled Cabinet officials, like Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin or Attorney General Jeff Sessions, or senior aides like national security advisor H.R. McMaster and chief of staff John Kelly.

Asked at the press conference whether his comment might have referred to Sessions, Trump told reporters “I don’t really want to talk about that” before going on an extended riff praising his own West Wing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-white-house-chaos-like-conflict-222802064.html
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:17:59 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Re: Trump On White House Chaos: 'I lLike Conflict'
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 12:59:58 am »
”So many people want to come in. I have a choice of anybody. I could take any position in the West Wing and I’ll have a choice of the 10 top people having to do with that position.”

So, of the people that have left their respective positions so far.....were they tenth best or number one?

Offline Fantom

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 01:00:08 am »

Well, it is interesting..... are you not entertained?

It is different for sure... but what we were doing was not working.....soooo..... Something 'Bout the definition of insanity.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 01:01:10 am »
Just more evidence....Trump is God!

Offline Fantom

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 01:01:38 am »
”So many people want to come in. I have a choice of anybody. I could take any position in the West Wing and I’ll have a choice of the 10 top people having to do with that position.”

So, of the people that have left their respective positions so far.....were they tenth best or number one?

If you are Alabama...not sure that is relevant.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 01:06:57 am »
If you are Alabama...not sure that is relevant.

Sure it is.  If you’re the top three in the world, you’ll get a medal.  If you’re 4-10, who gives a damn?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 01:12:29 am »
“It’s tough, I like conflict, I like having two people with different points of view –

I understand this.   Have you ever sat in a Board meeting filled with nodding "yes men" .... agreeing with every asinine proposal?

I'll take a heated debate over this BS any time.  It's more productive and oddly energizing.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 01:17:00 am »
I understand this.   Have you ever sat in a Board meeting filled with nodding "yes men" .... agreeing with every asinine proposal?

I'll take a heated debate over this BS any time.  It's more productive and oddly energizing.

Right,  888high58888  we just had eight years of yes men. 

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 01:19:17 am »

Have you ever sat in a board room at all?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 01:23:19 am »

I sit in a Bored Room every time I read your posts.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 01:24:52 am »

Sure it is.  If you’re the top three in the world, you’ll get a medal.  If you’re 4-10, who gives a damn?

So why worry, either Trump is Alabama, bringing the next player... like that true freshman Q-back. Or he is 4-10 and who cares, he'll be gone soon enough.

Personally, considering the headwinds ... seriously... what Presidency starts out with a democrat  conspired Special Council. I am sorry edpc, but one has to be a very partisan democrat, or a real POS calling themselves Conservative to go there. IMHO

In view of that, I tend towards Trump being Alabama... bring up the next 1-10 on the roster... same as the last Boss.  :laugh:

Frederick Douglass

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 01:29:45 am »

Yes, as participant, speaker and voter.

Have you ever sat outside your mother's basement?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:31:12 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 01:31:21 am »

Nice.  Insulting but spot on.   I like it.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 01:35:20 am »

I imagine it would be quite a letdown after spending all day typing with one hand in dark web rooms.

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 01:36:24 am »
Yes, as participant, speaker and voter.

Have you ever sat outside your mother's basement?

How did the CEO like you to make his coffee?

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 01:45:42 am »
How did the CEO like you to make his coffee?

Before I answer .... prove to me you know what CEO stands for.

Offline edpc

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 01:49:20 am »
Before I answer .... prove to me you know what CEO stands for.

Everyone knows what it stands for, but not everybody is as knowledgeable as you are about what grind works best in the Bunn machine.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 02:14:08 am »
Very reminiscent of another great Republican leader....Abraham Lincoln's team of rivals....you need contrary opinions, even rivalries, within a leadership group/cabinet. Smart move on Trump's part.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline edpc

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 02:18:03 am »
Very reminiscent of another great Republican leader....Abraham Lincoln's team of rivals....you need contrary opinions, even rivalries, within a leadership group/cabinet. Smart move on Trump's part.

How many of Lincoln's cabinet and advisors resigned in the first year? Besides, great choice. You picked an example of a president that suspended habeas corpus, let us into Civil War, and got assassinated.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2018, 02:29:01 am »
Well, it is interesting..... are you not entertained?

It is different for sure... but what we were doing was not working.....soooo..... Something 'Bout the definition of insanity.

The man shot himself in the toe, and it hurt.

He then shot himself in the next toe, and it hurt.

Are you implying it would then be sane to put the gun to his head and pull the trigger, and that it would somehow be better?

Logic ain't yer strong suit.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Concerned

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 02:37:58 am »
If Trump really likes chaos and conflict, he should be thrilled with the last week or so:  Hope Hicks and Gary Cohn have resigned, Republicans are against his tariffs, former advisor Sam Nunberg has come across as a complete nut job, Mueller appears to be getting closer and closer, Kelly Anne Conway was found to have violated the Hatch Act, Stormy Daniels has claimed her NDA is null and void, and Michael Cohen indicated to friends he wasn't reimbursed for his payoff to Daniels. If you like chaos and conflict, this has got to be your kind of White House.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline edpc

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 02:48:47 am »
If Trump really likes chaos and conflict, he should be thrilled with the last week or so:  Hope Hicks and Gary Cohn have resigned, Republicans are against his tariffs, former advisor Sam Nunberg has come across as a complete nut job, Mueller appears to be getting closer and closer, Kelly Anne Conway was found to have violated the Hatch Act, Stormy Daniels has claimed her NDA is null and void, and Michael Cohen indicated to friends he wasn't reimbursed for his payoff to Daniels. If you like chaos and conflict, this has got to be your kind of White House.

Well, it's getting him attention and that's all that matters.  To think, not that long ago, I thought Bannon was the Pyro In Chief.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 06:05:21 am »
Great run down of the week.  It will be forgotten when the Chaos Maker does his next ignorant/belligerent outrage.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2018, 11:02:00 am »

How many of Lincoln's cabinet and advisors resigned in the first year? Besides, great choice. You picked an example of a president that suspended habeas corpus, let us into Civil War, and got assassinated.

You forgot to mention that he saved the Union and freed millions of human being from abject slavery. You also left out that he is considered to be our greatest President by most historians...minor details to you, perhaps, but a rather big deal to most Americans. So yes, I agree, great choice of analogies on my part. And, to be fair, like Lincoln...President Trump stirs an intense depth of hatred amongst his enemies and faces an unending torrent of slander from the press. Heck, Lincoln was often viewed very unfavorably by the Union public...yet he persevered and saved the Nation, making us a stronger and more free Republic.

So if the worst stone you can throw is to call Trump a modern day Lincoln...then by all means cast that stone. In my view, they are two truly great Republican leaders.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 01:25:09 pm »

Well, it's getting him attention and that's all that matters.  To think, not that long ago, I thought Bannon was the Pyro In Chief.

???  So all of Trump's chaotic behavior, failed appointments, lack of knowledge and lies is for attention?  Wow.  Sounds like the school kid needs to dust himself off, grow up and start acting like an adult.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.