Author Topic: Two former Clinton officials announce bids for Congress  (Read 237 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Two former Clinton officials announce bids for Congress
« on: March 06, 2018, 03:48:35 pm »
Donna Shalala filed campaign paperwork Monday in a bid for the U.S. House seat vacated by retiring Republican Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen of Florida.

Shalala, who served as secretary of Health and Human Services under President Bill Clinton, is the second former Clinton official this week to announce a congressional run.

Former U.S. Rep. Mike Espy, who served as secretary of Agriculture in the Clinton administration, announced on Monday his intention to run for the U.S. Senate seat that Thad Cochran, R-Miss., will vacate on April 1.

The two announcements come as Texans vote Tuesday, kicking off a primary season that Democrats hope will set them up to take back control of Congress in November.

[excerpted]
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018/03/06/Two-former-Clinton-officials-announce-bids-for-Congress/3081520345338/
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Two former Clinton officials announce bids for Congress
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 03:58:59 pm »
Anyone remember when Espy was acquitted of charges he received improper gifts, then Tyson Foods pleaded guilty to felony charges of giving him gifts?

Back in 1992, after Clinton was elected, my mother said, “My God.  We’ll never get rid of these people.”  I laughed then, but it’s not funny at all, now.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 04:01:52 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Two former Clinton officials announce bids for Congress
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 04:00:50 pm »
Anyone remember when Espy was acquitted of charges he received improper gifts, then Tyson Foods pleaded guilty to felony charges of giving him gifts?

Yeah!  Some of us have long memories!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien