Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke: The Democrat launching a surprisingly strong challenge against Ted Cruz  (Read 5570 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

All opinions are welcome.

No. All opinions can be given. They do not and will not be welcome. Rat Commie DU filth that some people post here comes to mind.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
No. All opinions can be given. They do not and will not be welcome. Rat Commie DU filth that some people post here comes to mind.

Not interested in your welcome.  Just so long as you read and respond.   Cruz can win this fall, but don't kid yourself that it is going to be easy.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

Not interested in your welcome.  Just so long as you read and respond.   Cruz can win this fall, but don't kid yourself that it is going to be easy.   

It's going to be easy as shit. Your pals pulled out all the stops for this Primary and they came up half a million votes short of Cruz. Beatoff mined all the votes he could in Leftist areas and it was still an embarrassment. What exactly is going to change that in November? Not a thing.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
If you say so.   But pride goeth before a fall.  You slam "my pals",  that is, fellow Republicans,  thinking Cruz won't need their support.

I hope Cruz isn't as stupid and full of hubris as you.   

Offline Frank Cannon

If you say so.   But pride goeth before a fall.  You slam "my pals",  that is, fellow Republicans,  thinking Cruz won't need their support.

Mathematically explain to me how Beatoff is going to get anywhere near a win in that state? What districts can he flip in his column that he missed last night? We just saw a test run of his support and he came up empty, and not by a little. Beatoff has about as good a shot of taking Ted's seat as a GOP'er has of taking DiFi's seat in Cali. Some things are just too preposterous to bother debating.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Point well taken.  :thumbsup:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz supporters like Red State and Glenn Beck ought to be called backstabbers and phonies.

Cruz campaigns with Trump, Cruz has alliance with Trump, Cruz pushes Trump's agenda, Cruz praises Trump appointees, but supporters like the above exploit Cruz for their own ends and say nasty things about Trump,  if Beck and Red State had their way, we would have Hillary, more ISIS, lack of solving issues, a dormant economy and then, these clowns bully others to try to think there way, they are absolute nonsense, I support Cruz but not the bullying cult of some supporters who strike out at anyone who might do like Cruz and support the president, they are total hypocrites; places like Red State don't take a lot of comments for their articles, just their select few, so really they censor others.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Cruz supporters like Red State and Glenn Beck ought to be called backstabbers and phonies.

Cruz campaigns with Trump, Cruz has alliance with Trump, Cruz pushes Trump's agenda, Cruz praises Trump appointees, but supporters like the above exploit Cruz for their own ends and say nasty things about Trump,  if Beck and Red State had their way, we would have Hillary, more ISIS, lack of solving issues, a dormant economy and then, these clowns bully others to try to think there way, they are absolute nonsense, I support Cruz but not the bullying cult of some supporters who strike out at anyone who might do like Cruz and support the president, they are total hypocrites; places like Red State don't take a lot of comments for their articles, just their select few, so really they censor others.

You know this whole mantra of yours that if you don't support Trump you're a backstabber is just as much of a lie and a false narrative as the rest of the crap you post on here lately.

Not sure what you're on...but yo might want to think about rehab.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

As I Liberal Democrat I wouldn't expect you to understand just how Cruz got to where he is without the help and quite to the dismay of the GOP establishment.

Perhaps you should break away from your PP...SPLC and Everytown newsletters and do a little reading about how he got to D.C. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

It wasn't easy the first time either. Yet there he is despite all the GOP money that was tossed out against him and for his challenger in the 2012 primary.

Offline libertybele

Cruz stupid??  Jazz, I really think before you continue to open your mouth and insert your foot you do a little research on the man.  He not only is very highly educated, he has been blessed with an audiographic memory.

Secondly, I would encourage you to read his autobiography entitled "A Time for Truth, Reigniting the Promise of America".  Not only will it give you some insight into his struggle and brilliant ground game to getting into the Senate against all odds, but it will also give you some insight into why he is so passionate about what he does, his warm personality and above all his integrity!  I was so impressed and captivated by the book that I read the book in one day; I couldn't put it down.  Go ahead. Educate yourself.  You might be surprised.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Cruz stupid??  Jazz, I really think before you continue to open your mouth and insert your foot you do a little research on the man.  He not only is very highly educated, he has been blessed with an audiographic memory.

And before you open your mouth,  LB, I wish you'd read what I wrote. I did not call Cruz stupid.  I said I hoped he wasn't as stupid and full of hubris as Frank Cannon in assuming this will be an easy race and that he can afford to alienate fellow Republicans.   That is, of course, a low bar, and I am confident that Cruz is self-aware and smart enough to recognize his strengths and limitations as a politician. 

Secondly, I would encourage you to read his autobiography entitled "A Time for Truth, Reigniting the Promise of America".  Not only will it give you some insight into his struggle and brilliant ground game to getting into the Senate against all odds, but it will also give you some insight into why he is so passionate about what he does, his warm personality and above all his integrity!  I was so impressed and captivated by the book that I read the book in one day; I couldn't put it down.  Go ahead. Educate yourself.  You might be surprised.

I have the utmost respect for Sen. Cruz;  he is a brilliant man with integrity.   I said above that I would vote for him for Senator if I were a Texan.   I also said that I think he would be a magnificent choice for the SCOTUS.   But I also will say  - and I am hardly alone in doing so -  that he is not an easy or conventional sell to the general public as a candidate for elected office.   He is not (for a professional politician) conventionally warm and likeable and has a habit of making enemies and not giving a damn when he does.    In my posts above I was intending to provide constructive criticism and a warning to not go off half-cocked that this election is in the bag.   Cruz has a target on his back and there is a reason for that,  and Dems are this year especially motivated.   Cruz needs the full support of ALL factions of the GOP and Cruz is the one most responsible for making sure that occurs.

Again -  I hope that Cruz is successful in his re-election effort.   I was never a fan of his as a candidate for President,  but can easily support him as a U.S. Senator (or, hopefully, someday, as a member of the SCOTUS where I think his talents would really shine.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 04:34:16 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Good morning, @Jazzhead.  I see the snow is not interfering with your ability to misinterpret.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Good morning, @Jazzhead.  I see the snow is not interfering with your ability to misinterpret.
And pray tell what did I misinterpret?   

And the snow isn't affecting me because I'm flat on my back.  Fell down a flight of stairs a couple of days ago and severed my quad.   Until I can get repaired, I'm a heap of bones who can't work and have nothing better to do than bother the good folks here.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

And the snow isn't affecting me because I'm flat on my back.  Fell down a flight of stairs a couple of days ago and severed my quad.   Until I can get repaired, I'm a heap of bones who can't work and have nothing better to do than bother the good folks here.

Severed?  That's awful, Jazz!  We may have out disagreements, and they may get ugly, but I am sending you my prayers and good wishes to help get you back on your feet soon... :0001: :patriot:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Sounds painful.  I hope you get better soon.

Online corbe

Take care of yourself @Jazzhead, that can be a season ending injury, just ask Kawhi Leonard of the Spurs.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Severed?  That's awful, Jazz!  We may have out disagreements, and they may get ugly, but I am sending you my prayers and good wishes to help get you back on your feet soon... :0001: :patriot:

Thanks, CL - I appreciate it.  I'm in a full leg brace with surgery scheduled for Monday.   I know you keep a list of the names I've called you, so add this one - I think you're a good guy.   :patriot:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Thanks,  Sanguine and corbe.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thanks, CL - I appreciate it.  I'm in a full leg brace with surgery scheduled for Monday.   I know you keep a list of the names I've called you, so add this one - I think you're a good guy.   :patriot:

Thanks!   :beer:

Good luck on Monday, may the Good Lord work his will through the Orthopod surgeon's hands.  I'd say "break a leg" but that's probably not appropriate...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

@Jazzhead

Oh my...Boy I hope you feel better and not in a lot of pain..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead

Oh my...Boy I hope you feel better and not in a lot of pain..

Thanks, Myst.  Right now I'm more bored than in pain.   And I sure wish I could drive and get me a good cheeseburger.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Thanks!   :beer:

Good luck on Monday, may the Good Lord work his will through the Orthopod surgeon's hands.  I'd say "break a leg" but that's probably not appropriate...

:beer:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Jazzhead

I don't normally see anything you post but since others quoted you I also want to wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead

I don't normally see anything you post but since others quoted you I also want to wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Thanks, Bigun - I appreciate it.