Author Topic: Chicago pizza delivery woman moved to tears after church honors her with incredible tip  (Read 304 times)

Offline Suppressed

Chicago pizza delivery woman moved to tears after church honors her with incredible tip
POSTED 12:32 PM, MARCH 2, 2018, BY DANIEL REYES AND WGN WEB DESK, UPDATED AT 12:37PM, MARCH 2, 2018
http://wgntv.com/2018/03/02/chicago-pizza-delivery-woman-moved-to-tears-after-church-honors-her-with-incredible-tip/

[Video at link]

CHICAGO -- A local delivery driver was brought to tears after being surprised with an incredible tip during a Chicago church service.

For the entire month of February, New Life Covenant Church, located in Chicago's Humboldt Park, says they had been challenging members of the church to honor people.

On Sunday, Feb. 25, Pastor Wilfredo De Jesús ordered a pizza with the intentions of surprising, and honoring, the delivery person.

When Monique Hall arrived with the church's pizza order, she was brought up to the stage by the pastor, totally clueless of what was about to happen. He then presented her with $100 tip.

In a video posted to Facebook Monday, Pastor Wilfredo then called for church members to join him, to also give Hall a tip.

[...]

Hall told WGN she made sure to spread the church's message by sharing the tips she received with her coworkers.

"I felt like some of my coworkers were just the same as me, in the same place. So it was only right that I give to them, since I was given to," Hall said.

[...]

[Ms. Hall is a single mother working hard to provide.  The congregation gave her $1,800, a Bible, a gift bag, and a prayer, and an invitation to attend services.]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Isn't there an Uplifting News board?  I can't find it, so if there is, I apologize if this is misfiled. @mystery-ak
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn