Author Topic: ‘What The F*ck?’ Former Trump Aide Sam Nunberg’s Mueller Meltdown Leaves Friends Petrified  (Read 1858 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

‘What The F*ck?’ Former Trump Aide Sam Nunberg’s Mueller Meltdown Leaves Friends Petrified
Daily Beast, Mar 5, 2018, Lachlan Markay, Asawin Suebsaeng

<snip>

Rarely, if ever, has a political operative acted so brazenly when facing the very real prospect of being tossed in jail. Nunberg seemed not to care about how the chips would fall. But several of his friends told The Daily Beast they were concerned that he was putting himself in severe legal jeopardy by going on multiple live cable-news programs Monday afternoon.

They also said that they were worried Nunberg had been drinking prior to dialing in to MSNBC and CNN.

<snip>

Nunberg remains defiant, and insistent that the investigations into possible Trump campaign “collusion” with sketchy Russian actors were part of a “witch hunt.” But Nunberg suggested on MSNBC that Mueller might nonetheless be in possession of some sort of incriminating evidence.

“Do you think that they have something on the president?" Tur asked him.  “I think they may,” Nunberg replied. “I think that he may have done something during the election."

Over the course of the rest of the afternoon, Nunberg called into other shows, including CNN host Jake Tapper’s. He repeatedly raged about President Trump treating him “very badly” and “like crap.”   â€œDonald Trump is an idiot,” he declared at one point.

The conversation wasn’t always focused on Mueller. Nunberg, at one point, riffed on “Bill Clinton’s illegitimate black child” and the “affair” between Trump-world figures Hope Hicks and Corey Lewandowski. And he stuck up for his friends and fellow former Trump campaign alums Roger Stone and Steve Bannon. (Nunberg says Mueller’s team is asking for him to fork over his communications with Stone and Bannon, among others.)

In a live evening appearance on CNN’s Erin Burnett OutFront, the host asked Nunberg if he's been drinking: "Talking to you, I have smelled alcohol on your breath," she said.

Read more: https://www.thedailybeast.com/what-the-fck-former-trump-aide-sam-nunbergs-mueller-meltdown-leaves-friends-petrified

Online Right_in_Virginia

There's lots more in the article.

What a wack job.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 03:03:41 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Nut Job?    I like his style.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online corbe

He starts out defending Trump and then goes off the rails ridiculing Him and his Administration, I think he's Drunk.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

He starts out defending Trump and then goes off the rails ridiculing Him and his Administration, I think he's Drunk.

What hic evers.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Nut Job?    I like his style.

Imagine the show he'll put on if Mueller throws him in jail.   :smokin:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Sam Nunberg made the leap from relative unknown to trending Twitter topic on Monday after the former Trump campaign aide gave a series of explosive interviews blasting his former boss and mocking special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

In an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, Nunberg first blamed Trump for instigating the Russia investigation by firing former FBI Director James Comey.

“Donald Trump caused this because he’s an idiot,” Nunberg said, also pointing to Trump’s Oval Office meeting with top Russian officials.

http://people.com/politics/who-is-sam-nunberg-ex-trump-aide-interviews-mueller-subpoena/amp/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

If you are a fan of train wrecks, watch this interview.  This was a campaign aide?  Unbelievable.

! No longer available

This was one of the most cringeworthy WTF things I’ve ever heard.  Day drinking and interviews are not a good mix.

Online corbe

*In before someone says 'I hire only the Best people'
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

This was one of the most cringeworthy WTF things I’ve ever heard.  Day drinking and interviews are not a good mix.

He was on point.  You are just a hater

Offline edpc

LOL.  The SNL and late night writers are sitting in front of the TV, absolutely slack-jawed.  They’re saying to each other, “We can’t write anything to top this.”

Offline edpc

*In before someone says 'I hire only the Best people'

Joe Namath and Suzy Kolber are both saying this guy is an embarrassment.

! No longer available

Offline edpc

Sam Nunberg: ‘I’m Not Having A Meltdown’

"Do you think I was high and drunk? You saw the interview. What did you think? I’m not high and drunk,” said Nunberg. “I was not high and drunk. What I’m doing is what nobody else has ever done.”

Yahoo News asked Nunberg to characterize his relationship with Stone.

“He always treats me like s**t and he hates me,” Nunberg said of Stone.

Commentators made the obvious point that in the context of a serious criminal investigation, giving interviews without checking with a lawyer seemed self-defeating at least. CNN editor at large Chris Cillizza skewered Nunberg as a “D list” political talent who is not “sophisticated.”

“My response is Chris Cillizza can go f**k himself and he dresses like s**t,” Nunberg told Yahoo News. “I’m not having a meltdown. In fact, I’m the first person ever standing up for themselves.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sam-nunberg-im-not-meltdown-050200426.html

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I can see why Stone doesn't think highly of this guy.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Right_in_Virginia

If you are a fan of train wrecks, watch this interview.  This was a campaign aide?  Unbelievable.

Stone was Nunberg's benefactor and protector.   He was hired by the Trump organization prior to the campaign -- and lasted about a year.  Nunberg  then worked for the campaign from Feb 2015--Aug 2015 --- lasting less than a very rocky six months.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He had to have been drunk.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

He had to have been drunk.

That or he's out there self-immolating to make himself appear so whacked out that anything the investigators find will be considered the ravings of a loon.  If he had legal representation, they have most certainly quit. 

Offline skeeter

If we're all given just 15 minutes of fame its best to make the most of it.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
@Right_in_Virginia

""I haven't had a drink," Nunberg replied, saying all he'd taken were antidepressants."

Watched part of the interview just now on Fox Business.  Government has offered him immunity.  He can't plead the 5th because of that interview.

He admitted to taking antidepressants?  Too rich...

:chairbang:

"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline WingNot

If we're all given just 15 minutes of fame its best to make the most of it.

If you are gonna be a bear...Be a Grizzly!
-Mad Dog.  Cannonball Run 1981.

Offline edpc

He admitted to taking antidepressants?  Too rich...

He washed them down with water of life...

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Sam Nunberg Meltdown: Former Trump Aide Calls Sarah Huckabee Sanders an 'Unattractive Fat Slob'

Ex-Trump campaign aide Sam Nunberg described White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders as “unattractive” and a “fat slob” in an interview with Spectrum News NY1 yesterday, one of the many appearances he made during his spectacular media meltdown.

More

Offline Frank Cannon

Sam Nunberg Meltdown: Former Trump Aide Calls Sarah Huckabee Sanders an 'Unattractive Fat Slob'

More

Last I checked, she was.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist