Author Topic: Why the Left Won’t Win the Gun-Control Debate  (Read 1499 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Why the Left Won’t Win the Gun-Control Debate
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2018, 08:23:08 pm »
'shooting sports' is not the point. The swiss do not hunt for subsistence. The swiss do not have vast ranch lands farmlands, and wildernesses.
In all fairness, the Swiss also don't have a propensity toward shooting each other, either. ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:24:41 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2018, 08:33:26 pm »
In all fairness, the Swiss also don't have a propensity toward shooting each other, either. ;)

The vast majority of legal owners of guns don't here, either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2018, 09:14:58 pm »
Oh yes.  PROFOUNDLY UN-AMERICAN

Why yes, because you disrespect the Founding Fathers.  Yes, they took up arms in the cause of self-governance - and they created the greatest Constitutional Republic in the world.   You, though, insist on hiding in the hills with a cache of weapons eager to incite violent revolt.

That is IMO profound, un-American disrespect for the community, nation and Republic we have created and sustain here.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2018, 09:17:09 pm »
The vast majority of legal owners of guns don't here, either.

Threats to start  a war, of course, notwithstanding.   *****rollingeyes*****

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2018, 09:21:50 pm »
Threats to start  a war, of course, notwithstanding.   *****rollingeyes*****

I didn't hear any such thing.  You're too ridiculous to look at, I think I'll put you on the list for a little while again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2018, 09:25:21 pm »
Yes, they do.  No quarrel there - that is every citizen's choice.   But it is flippin'  crazy that we have over 400 miilion unregistered firearms,  any of which be transferred in an undocumented transaction. 

Licensure.   Registration.  All transfers documented.  If is it good enough for Switzerland, it is good enough for here.
Stating it directly to you. The 19 year old in Florida complies with extant rules and regs. What good were they?

The physical device is not the problem. It could be one of the 400 million guns (or a vehicle, a pressure cooker, a fertilizer bomb, box cutter, etc.)

I am much more concerned about the incompetency by the government agencies, charged with citizen safety.

--Obama admin. method of keeping minority youthful offenders out of jail, "Promise" program. So all of this kids school problems went unreported.

--Dozens of LE calls to the house.

--State lawmakers apparently not concerned about revising laws to handle such threats.

--Two FBI warnings, unheeded.

Gun-grabbers want the lazy solution; blame the object. I want the intelligent solution, which is make humans do their jobs. BTW gun-free zones are open invitations, to cowardly terrorists, foreign and domestic.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2018, 11:09:27 pm »
Why yes, because you disrespect the Founding Fathers.  Yes, they took up arms in the cause of self-governance - and they created the greatest Constitutional Republic in the world.   You, though, insist on hiding in the hills with a cache of weapons eager to incite violent revolt.

That is IMO profound, un-American disrespect for the community, nation and Republic we have created and sustain here.   
What a blatant painting of all gun owners you make.  And what 'revolt' is being planned by the lawful owners of their guns?

You fail to even recognize that the self-governance created by our forefathers is continued by the strong adherence to our Second Amendment.

Shame on you.

I like you continuing your anti-American talking points, as it hardens the resolve of all of us patriots as it identifies the thinking of the antagonists to our freedoms.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2018, 11:29:13 pm »
What a blatant painting of all gun owners you make.  And what 'revolt' is being planned by the lawful owners of their guns?

You fail to even recognize that the self-governance created by our forefathers is continued by the strong adherence to our Second Amendment.

Shame on you.

I like you continuing your anti-American talking points, as it hardens the resolve of all of us patriots as it identifies the thinking of the antagonists to our freedoms.;

I didn't intend a "blatant painting of all gunowners" ; it should be reasonably clear to anyone with a modicum of reading comprehensive that I was speaking to one poster,  who has blessed us with multiple examples of his appetite for "watering the tree of liberty" with bullets directed at the will of the people of this nation.   
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:31:05 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2018, 12:02:46 am »
I didn't intend a "blatant painting of all gunowners" ; it should be reasonably clear to anyone with a modicum of reading comprehensive that I was speaking to one poster,  who has blessed us with multiple examples of his appetite for "watering the tree of liberty" with bullets directed at the will of the people of this nation.   

Your stink covers us all, not just the one.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2018, 12:23:53 am »
directed at the will of the people of this nation.   

It is not the will of the people of this nation. It is the will of liberal banshees.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2018, 12:48:33 am »

"Will of the people"????

You're the bleep using government and the courts to FORCE DOWN OUR THROATS homosexual marriage at the end of a government gun when the will of the people OVERWHELMINGLY OPPOSE IT.

You don't respect the will of any people except yourself and YOUR will.

But even if the whole people decided that tomorrow, they want a dictator for life and arms to be confiscated from everyone but themselves - I will not comply with such 'will'.

I will resist. 

The will of a mob does not trump inalienable rights.  That is why government was to be instituted to secure those rights - not diminish or abolish them to assuage tyrants like you.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2018, 12:52:38 am »
You, though, insist on hiding in the hills with a cache of weapons eager to incite violent revolt.

Keep up your shit there Jazzy.  The only idiot inciting violent revolt is YOU with all these stupid advocacies and suggestions to impose tyranny and regulate our rights into mere government privileges.

You're damn right we have plenty of weapons at hand, and they are there for the purpose to stop what imbecilic tyrants attempt to do.

That is IMO profound, un-American disrespect for the community...

Your Communist claptrap deserves to be disrespected Comrade. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:51:30 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2018, 05:46:43 am »
Based on this "discussion", Obergefell v. Hodges must have been a real barn-burner here.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2018, 08:06:03 am »
And punks like you threaten the peaceable community.
Why don't you just tell us how having the serial number and registered owner of a firearm on file is going to make the firearm any less lethal, especially if it is stolen from that owner?

Seriously, counselor, of all specious arguments ever produced, that must be the most ludicrous.

The firearm will remain what it is, a device. It will be no more nor less capable of harm than the hand which wields it, regardless of what is written where. Having that written down will not make the firearm safer from thieves, although that might be used to propagate even more rules to encumber a basic Right.

Therefore, those who wish to obtain firearms for nefarious purposes will continue to do so, even if they have to manufacture them. They will find a way. The sick, demented, and tortured souls who determine they want to kill large numbers of people will find a way, be it a rifle, a rental truck full of homemade explosives, a means of creating panic in a crowd (which can injure and kill as well), or the well-placed contents of a gas can and a match. Some of those individuals aren't being stopped using the present methodologies, but that isn't for lack of ability to use those tools effectively enough to do so, instead the tools are there, rusting on the workbench.

Nothing points this out like the failures in law enforcement to follow up on the myriad complaints about the school shooter in Florida.

In the meantime, the law abiding shooting community continues to daily mitigate the effects of and prevent crime in other venues where there is no LEO monopoly on crime prevention and mitigation. Yet, like a typical Liberal, you would go after the rights and capabilities of those who are effective on a daily basis, even  though they receive no compensation for their efforts, and would encumber them further, making them less effective, rather than >ahem< encourage the professionals to do a better job.

One need look no further than the philosophical core of Liberal "equality" to understand that, once again, that which is best is to be reduced to the level of the worst so all can be 'equal', rather than place demands on those who failed.

Either way, the genie is well out of the bottle. Americans are not going to surrender their firearms. Americans will transfer, manufacture (as needed), and make anything they need to keep them. Any government which defies its own rules to stop that has lost its legitimacy, to wit: it will no longer derive its just powers from the consent of the governed.

In Canada, the long gun registration scheme that came out of Ottawa was largely ignored. No battles in the streets, just overwhelming noncompliance. Finally, after outrageous cost overruns and obvious inefectiveness, the policy was abandoned.

Anticipate the same here, and it is entirely likely that any attempt to be overweening by government will not end well, especially for the careers of the politicians and their minions who attempt to enact or enforce such policies.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:08:36 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2018, 01:09:06 pm »
Based on this "discussion", Obergefell v. Hodges must have been a real barn-burner here.

"Gay Marriage?"  How is this relevant?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:09:43 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.