Author Topic: Convention of States activism goes to college with launch of first student club  (Read 417 times)

Offline libertybele

To me this is huge!  Convention of States club at a college.  The liberal mindset and brainwashing of our students is what needs to change in order for conservatism to take hold and spread. I am really glad to see this.  I would love to see a conservative move such as this in colleges across our nation.

Convention of States activism goes to college with launch of first student club

Citizens for Self-Governance (CSG) is taking its Article V Convention of States (COS) activism to college campuses with the launch of its first student club, at Hillsdale College.

“We believe that self-governance is a unifying approach to engage my generation in a discussion that transcends politics,” said Lucy Meckler, Club co-founder, in a press release. “If our Constitution gives us a legitimate way to fix the government why wouldn’t we use it? I want to be part of a solution that fosters real discussion and development of a successful America.”

Article V of the United States Constitution grants the states the power to petition Congress to call a convention where delegates from each state can propose amendments to the Constitution. Those amendments that are adopted by the convention must then be sent back to each of the 50 state legislatures and must be ratified by three-fourths of the states to be added to the Constitution. Convention of States activists believe the Article V process can be used to return the accumulated power of the federal government back to the states by imposing fiscal restraints on Congress, setting term limits for federal elected officials, and reining in the power of the federal judiciary, among other amendments. This new student club is joining an Article V effort more than 3.2 million people strong in grassroots activism to call a convention...........

..........So far, 12 states have passed Article V resolutions: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, Missouri, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas. A total of 24 states are considering the Convention of States resolution......

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/convention-states-activism-goes-college-launch-first-student-club/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Be careful what you wish for with the David Hogg types nearing college age.  During the original convention, you still had people like Thomas Paine advocating for large government social programs as part of the Constitution.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

Be careful what you wish for with the David Hogg types nearing college age.  During the original convention, you still had people like Thomas Paine advocating for large government social programs as part of the Constitution.

The purpose of the Convention of States is to strip some of the overreach of power that the Feds have 'acquired' over the years and give it back to the individual States.

I sat and watched a video and the organization has held a mock Convention as if an Article V Convention of States had been approved and it was actually refreshing and quite impressive to watch.

The time to move on this is now.  Currently we have more conservative governors than liberal and we have some states with very strong conservative legislators.  We need to take advantage of this situation before that scenario changes.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The purpose of the Convention of States is to strip some of the overreach of power that the Feds have 'acquired' over the years and give it back to the individual States.

I sat and watched a video and the organization has held a mock Convention as if an Article V Convention of States had been approved and it was actually refreshing and quite impressive to watch.

The time to move on this is now.  Currently we have more conservative governors than liberal and we have some states with very strong conservative legislators.  We need to take advantage of this situation before that scenario changes.

You’d need 2/3 of the state’s to make it happen.  There are barely enough Republican governors and not enough state legislatures.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You’d need 2/3 of the state’s to make it happen.  There are barely enough Republican governors and not enough state legislatures.

And the really sad this is that there are Republicans in those state legislatures holding up the process on purpose.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

I focused on there being more states with Republican governors to illustrate the conservatism that has grown; I don't have the stats (nor have I researched) the legislatures in each state so I can't say that there aren't enough conservative state legislatures.  I do know that the past several election cycles indicate a turn toward conservatism seating more Republican governors and legislators in a very long time; if we lose the mid terms and the tide continues to turn, there won't be another chance if any for a very long time.  I also know that the FED overreach and corruption has grown larger than ever before and Trump's comments about the U.S. having a lifetime president (actually dictator) is very troublesome.