Author Topic: The Chicken Littles Are Hammering Trump on Trade, but Charles Payne's Truth Bombs Blow Their Theorie  (Read 9368 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@jpsb
That's a great post and I'm glad I took the time to read it.  You actually did a lot of homework and made a lot of sense.

I wish other people had your wisdom but they prefer to just insult people who want to give new policies a chance.

Wow...you sit there and chide others about how "We have a whole new world now with entirely different industries and one where technology is king." because we point to the 1930's to show how economically ruinous tariffs are and yet there you are...puckering up to the backside of a fellow orange warrior who...wait for it...cites anecdotal evidence from WWII?

:silly:

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:12:22 pm by mystery-ak »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Ok so you don't like the 30's...and the credible evidence of how bad tariffs are on the economy and the consumers...how about the negative effects when Bush 43 applied tariffs...or even more recent history when your fellow Hawaiian Obama implemented tariffs on tires imported from China?

Tell us how tariffs when applied in an era of "different industries and one where technology is king" worked out for us.

Puleeze don't blame Obama on me or Hawaii.  He wasn't even born here.

I'm no expert on trade and don't pretend to be.  I just don't see how exaggerating past harms that can be blamed on tariffs (whether rightly or not) should put us in permanent fear of changing trade practices.

I do know that America has lost some of its biggest industries, particularly car industry to other countries and I know I don't like that.  We have 3 Priuses (or is the plural Priusi?)  I don't believe Ford made any of them.

I like Trump's dream of making American industry great again.  It may not work but you don't know that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Wow...you sit there and chide others about how "We have a whole new world now with entirely different industries and one where technology is king." because we point to the 1930's to show how economically ruinous tariffs are and yet there you are...puckering up to the backside of a fellow orange warrior who...wait for it...cites anecdotal evidence from WWII?

:silly:

I have just reported you to the mods.  That is the second time today ... or maybe the third ... you have accused me of "ass kissing.'  I don't say things like that to you.  Occasionally, I try to reason with you.

The reason I felt compelled to report you was this: "puckering up to the backside of a fellow orange warrior."  That's nasty and inexcusable.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:13:25 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Puleeze don't blame Obama on me or Hawaii.  He wasn't even born here.

I'm no expert on trade and don't pretend to be.  I just don't see how exaggerating past harms that can be blamed on tariffs (whether rightly or not) should put us in permanent fear of changing trade practices.

I do know that America has lost some of its biggest industries, particularly car industry to other countries and I know I don't like that.  We have 3 Priuses (or is the plural Priusi?)  I don't believe Ford made any of them.

I like Trump's dream of making American industry great again.  It may not work but you don't know that.

You really should leave this thread to people that understand economics and that it will take something smarter and more original than a lot of useless and ruinous tariffs to allow Donny to continue to use the slogan he stole from Reagan.

His own economic experts have told him this will kill any forward momentum the economy has right now and the all he could do was incorrectly label them "globalists".  Kinda like certain economically ignorant people here incorrectly labelling people who know tariffs are bad "commies".

it just shows they know nothing of the topic and just want to defend their boy no matter what.

Used to think you were better and smarter than to go along with that kind of knee jerk pabulum...guess I was wrong.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@Emjay  @txradioguy

I removed his statement and the one in the quote

Please trg stop it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:15:50 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I have just reported you to the mods.  That is the second time today ... or maybe the third ... you have accused me of "ass kissing.'  I don't say things like that to you.  Occasionally, I try to reason with you.

The reason I felt compelled to report you was this: "puckering up to the backside of a fellow orange warrior."  That's nasty and inexcusable.

Don't blame me for the reflection you see when someone holds a mirror up to you.

Truth can be painful sometimes.

Offline Concerned

You really should leave this thread to people that understand economics and that it will take something smarter and more original than a lot of useless and ruinous tariffs to allow Donny to continue to use the slogan he stole from Reagan.

His own economic experts have told him this will kill any forward momentum the economy has right now and the all he could do was incorrectly label them "globalists".  Kinda like certain economically ignorant people here incorrectly labelling people who know tariffs are bad "commies".

it just shows they know nothing of the topic and just want to defend their boy no matter what.

Used to think you were better and smarter than to go along with that kind of knee jerk pabulum...guess I was wrong.

You’re exactly right on his own economic experts.  A couple of big-time Trump supporters (Larry Kudlow and Stephen Moore) have written a great piece that lays out the history of tariff failures and why they don’t work (it’s so good, Paul Ryan even sent it around to explain why he’s opposed to the President’s idea):

But even if tariffs save every one of the 140,000 or so steel jobs in America, it puts at risk 5 million manufacturing and related jobs in industries that use steel. These producers now have to compete in hyper-competitive international markets using steel that is 20 percent above the world price and aluminum that is 7 to 10 percent above the price paid by our foreign rivals.

In other words, steel and aluminum may win in the short term, but steel and aluminum users and consumers will lose. In fact, tariff hikes are really tax hikes.

‎Some of those 5 million jobs will be put in harm's way. And if they sell less to foreigners, the trade deficit goes up, not down.

Kudlow and Moore both support the President, but they also know economic history:  there’s a reason why so many Republicans, Democrats, economists, and even high school economic students are against these tariffs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/03/kudlow-mr-president-tariffs-are-really-tax-hikes.html

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Hoodat

Britain became the premier world power after the defeat of the Spanish Armada.

They became a naval power after the defeat of Spain.  But they didn't become a supreme economic superpower until the 19th Century.

You and Buchanan are flat out wrong.  Once the UK abandoned mercantilism and repealed its tariffs, it experienced an economic boom that was unrivaled.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:31:35 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay  @txradioguy

I removed his statement and the one in the quote

Please trg stop it.

Thank you @mystery-ak   I try not to be over-sensitive but sometimes ...

Offline Hoodat

You really should leave this thread to people that understand economics  .  .  .

I'm still waiting for any one of them to explain how higher steel prices will benefit the US economy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm still waiting for any one of them to explain how higher steel prices will benefit the US economy.

Or aluminum for that matter.

Offline goodwithagun

It’s common courtesy, which myst pointed out to you, to ping somebody when you talk about them. Should we notify myst every time you make a passive aggressive comment about somebody without pinging them? Seriously, we all know who you are referencing when you do it. Grow up.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@Emjay and @txradioguy please do us all a favor and put ea other on ignore
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It’s common courtesy, which myst pointed out to you, to ping somebody when you talk about them. Should we notify myst every time you make a passive aggressive comment about somebody without pinging them? Seriously, we all know who you are referencing when you do it. Grow up.

@goodwithagun   Stop with the psycho-babble.  Gets old.  TxRadio guy were in the midst of a discussion.  That is I was discussing and he was responding with insults.

Get a life.

Offline goodwithagun

@goodwithagun   Stop with the psycho-babble.  Gets old.  TxRadio guy were in the midst of a discussion.  That is I was discussing and he was responding with insults.

Get a life.

You used “psycho babble” the last time your passive aggressiveness was called out. The last few days you’ve posted passive aggressive comments about me. *It appears the one needing to get a life is not me.

*I made this statement passive aggressive so that you would understand what I’m writing.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You used “psycho babble” the last time your passive aggressiveness was called out. The last few days you’ve posted passive aggressive comments about me. *It appears the one needing to get a life is not me.

*I made this statement passive aggressive so that you would understand what I’m writing.

@goodwithagun   There is only one way to describe your constant use of the term 'passive-aggressive'

It is psycho-babble.  I was in the Id biz for years.  I posted to you yesterday and I allowed myself to get annoyed and answer you in kind.  I regret that because you are one of the people I want nothing to do with.

As for pinging people, I was in a back and forth with @txradioguy and it was obvious who I was talking about.  And, by the way, it wasn't about you so why did you feel it necessary to butt in?

So, let's just agree to ignore each other.  I save the actual 'ignore' for people who are worth it, but I will just ignore you in the future.

P.S.  Did you used to be CofA?

Online corbe

Briefers, please put it aside, the smell of Moderators is getting Strong on this Thread and it's a GOOD one.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goodwithagun

@goodwithagun   There is only one way to describe your constant use of the term 'passive-aggressive'

It is psycho-babble.  I was in the Id biz for years.  I posted to you yesterday and I allowed myself to get annoyed and answer you in kind.  I regret that because you are one of the people I want nothing to do with.

As for pinging people, I was in a back and forth with @txradioguy and it was obvious who I was talking about.  And, by the way, it wasn't about you so why did you feel it necessary to butt in?

So, let's just agree to ignore each other.  I save the actual 'ignore' for people who are worth it, but I will just ignore you in the future.

P.S.  Did you used to be CofA?

No, @CatherineofAragon is her own person. Nice passive aggressive technique on that third paragraph by the way.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

Briefers, please put it aside, the smell of Moderators is getting Strong on this Thread and it's a GOOD one.

I’m not stopping until @INVAR gives me an award and makes me a movie poster for being almost but not quite worth @Emjay putting me on ignore  :silly: :silly: :silly:

(Sorry, couldn’t resist.)
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@corbe.  Don't worry, I'm gone.  Ping me if civility returns.  I won't hold my breath.

Offline goatprairie

You’re exactly right on his own economic experts.  A couple of big-time Trump supporters (Larry Kudlow and Stephen Moore) have written a great piece that lays out the history of tariff failures and why they don’t work (it’s so good, Paul Ryan even sent it around to explain why he’s opposed to the President’s idea):

Kudlow and Moore both support the President, but they also know economic history:  there’s a reason why so many Republicans, Democrats, economists, and even high school economic students are against these tariffs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/03/kudlow-mr-president-tariffs-are-really-tax-hikes.html
It's not like you have to go back to 1930 to prove how disastrous tariffs can be.  It was just in the previous decade with the last Bush admin where a steel tariff proved disastrous.
The intentions were the same, protect jobs in the steel industry. But it neither protected steel jobs in the long run nor stopped hundreds of thousands of others in steel-related industries from losing their jobs.  The Law Of Unintended Consequences struck again. The Bush admin rescinded the tariff after a year or so.
Trump makes the mistake of thinking  x done twentyfive years ago caused y. NAFTA didn't cause huge job losses....major innovations in steel-making which required a lot less workers caused jobs losses the same as innovation in many other industries caused major job losses. In 1970 we had close to 200,000 switchboard operators. All those jobs are gone.
Should we have stopped innovation in the communications industry because we wanted to save jobs?
We are not Luddites...we don't smash machines because they can do the job of many humans. We adapt and train for other industries knowing that NOTHING!!! is permanent.

Online corbe

Everyone has at least one nemesis here @goodwithagun, I have 3. 
   I do miss @CatherineofAragon though.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I’m not stopping until @INVAR gives me an award and makes me a movie poster for being almost but not quite worth @Emjay putting me on ignore  :silly: :silly: :silly:

@goodwithagun - Since you went out and protested the Academy until you got your award:

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline goodwithagun

@goodwithagun - Since you went out and protested the Academy until you got your award:

:silly: :silly: :silly:

I’m laughing so hard I woke the dog up! That is amazing, @INVAR ! You are truly talented! Many thanks!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Suppressed

@jpsb
That's a great post and I'm glad I took the time to read it.  You actually did a lot of homework and made a lot of sense.

I wish other people had your wisdom but they prefer to just insult people who want to give new policies a chance.

@Emjay Yeah, you can use the word "research" for "plagiarize".  Try here: http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Pat_Buchanan_Free_Trade.htm

@jpsb must be a student of the great Lobachevsky!

Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes,
Remember why the Good Lord made your eyes...
So don't shade your eyes,
But plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize --
Only be sure always to call it, please, 'research'.

--Tom Lehrer

! No longer available

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 02:24:47 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn