Author Topic: Police respond to shots fired at Central Michigan University  (Read 1070 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP) — School officials say police are responding to a report of shots fired at a residence hall at Central Michigan University.

The university said Friday morning that the report concerns Campbell Hall on its campus in Mount Pleasant. The university says the suspect is still at large, and police are urging students to take shelter.

The city says the male suspect is considered armed and dangerous.

The school released the information on its Facebook page around 9:30 a.m. An automated phone message from the school also was sent to students Friday morning.

Central Michigan University has about 23,000 students in Mount Pleasant, which is about 70 miles (112.6 kilometers) north of Lansing.

https://apnews.com/d547fe1b9ad24ccea654746cbe4689bc/Police-respond-to-shots-fired-at-Central-Michigan-University
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Police respond to shots fired at Central Michigan University
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 03:36:10 pm »
Foxnews is saying two people were shot and the suspect is still on the run
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 03:45:31 pm »
Reports say it was a black man in a yellow hoodie, 5'9" a slight build with an AR15 tucked in his belt.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 04:24:46 pm »
Reports say it was a black man in a yellow hoodie, 5'9" a slight build with an AR15 tucked in his belt.
No way.  Only whites shoot up campuses.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 04:33:40 pm »
WXYZ twitter says those killed were not students.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 04:34:29 pm »
WXYZ twitter says those killed were not students.

Gang bang.  Hood rats on campus.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 04:38:44 pm »
An AR-15 tucked in his belt? Sounds uncomfortable.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline WingNot

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 04:40:57 pm »
The person of interest is James Eric Davis Jr. He is a black male, approximately 19 years of age, 5'10" and 135 pounds. He is a sophomore, according to the CMU student directory.

But they say it was a "Domestic" situation. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 04:41:07 pm »
Central Michigan University
53 mins ·

SHOOTING UPDATE: 10:43 a.m.

Central Michigan University police confirm two individuals were fatally shot at Campbell Hall on campus this morning. The deceased are not students and police believe the situation started from a domestic situation.

There are no additional injuries.

Campus is on lockdown as the suspect is still at large.

The person of interest is James Eric Davis, Jr. He is a black male, approximately 19 years of age, 5'10" and 135 lbs.

Those planning to come to campus today to pick up students for spring break should stay off campus until further notice. Please go to the Comfort Inn, 2424 S. Mission St. University staff will be on site to support the families.

CMU police are working closely with local and state police.

Continue to CMU's social media channels for updates and this page: http://cmich.ly/2oKPfEb

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 04:41:21 pm »

That's what I thought. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 04:42:27 pm »

Just anticipating CNN reportage.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 04:44:41 pm »
That's what I thought. 
Just anticipating CNN reportage.

Unbelievable.  Just absolutely unbelievable. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2018, 04:50:55 pm »
The person of interest is James Eric Davis, Jr. He is a black male, approximately 19 years of age, 5'10" and 135 lbs.
Sounds like an illegal immigrant to me.  Build the Wall!!! /sarc

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2018, 06:08:04 pm »
I'm still sorting out the story, who got killed may have been the parents of the shooter!

CMU shooting: Student fatally shot parents in dorm
Author: David Jesse, Detroit Free Press

A Central Michigan University student shot and killed his parents Friday morning in a fourth-floor dorm room, sources told the Detroit Free Press.

James Eric Davis, Jr. is listed as a sophomore in CMU’s student directory.

- http://www.wgrz.com/article/news/cmu-shooting-student-fatally-shot-parents-in-dorm/69-524820106

Read the rest of the story if one is interested, the suspect was taken to a hospital by the parents over a drug issue just in the past few days and he was just released this morning. Wow and very sad. Read for details.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 06:13:04 pm by TomSea »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 07:12:23 pm »
I'm still sorting out the story, who got killed may have been the parents of the shooter!

Read the rest of the story if one is interested, the suspect was taken to a hospital by the parents over a drug issue just in the past few days and he was just released this morning. Wow and very sad.
Yes, it is. I'm guessing his parents were trying to help him.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 07:27:47 pm »

LOL!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 01:05:19 am »
Hero Down: Bellwood Officer James Davis, Wife Murdered At University
HollyMatkin

A teen fatally shot his parents inside a college dorm on Friday morning, police said.
Mount Pleasant, MI – Police are searching for a man who opened fire at a Central Michigan University (CMU) dorm on Friday, killing two people.

Bellwood Police Department Officer James Eric Davis, Sr., 48, and his wife, Diva Davis, were fatally shot on the fourth floor of Campbell Hall by their son, 19-year-old CMU sophomore James Eric Davis Jr., WDIV reported.  ...

According to WILX, police said that they had taken Davis Jr. to the hospital late Thursday night, due to a drug-related issue.

"It could have been an overdose or bad reaction to drugs and at that point was released to the hospital staff," CMU Police Department public information Officer Jeff Brown told Newsweek.

He was treated, and was released from the hospital on Friday morning, CMU Police Lieutenant Larry Klaus told the Lansing Journal.

When Officer Davis and his wife came to campus to pick their son up for spring break a short while later, they were fatally shot, the Detroit Free Press reported.  ...
More from Blue Lives Matter

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2018, 02:56:44 pm »
Gunman, 19, who 'shot dead his mother and police officer father' in a Central Michigan University dorm room is CAUGHT after all-day manhunt

A gunman was arrested Saturday morning after shooting two people dead at the Central Michigan University campus in Mt Pleasant on Friday
    The suspect has been identified as 19-year-old James Eric Davis Jr.
    The university confirmed that the victims are his parents, Diva Davis, 47, and James Eric Davis Sr, also 47
    Police believe the shooting 'started from a domestic situation'
    Following the shooting, the gunman fled the scene on foot, heading north
    Police said Davis was hospitalized Thursday night for what appeared to be an 'overdose or bad reaction' to drugs

By Associated Press and Ashley Collman For Dailymail.com
Published: 01:49 EST, 3 March 2018 | Updated: 02:28 EST, 3 March 2018

A 19-year-old suspected of shooting dead his parents in a Central Michigan University dorm was caught by police after an day-long manhunt.   ...

James Eric Davis Jr., 19, was arrested just after midnight on Friday. Police took him into custody after searching for him for more than 12 hours.  ...

Central Michigan University confirmed on Twitter that the two victims were Davis' parents, 47-year-old Diva Davis and 48-year-old James Eric Davis Sr. Davis Sr who worked as a police officer in Bellwood, Illinois, just west of Chicago.    ...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5457111/Central-Michigan-University-shooting-Two-dead-gunman-arrested.html#ixzz58hKiD3fw

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 03:17:52 pm »
The Recent School Shooting No One Is Talking About
Posted at 10:00 am on March 5, 2018 by Kimberly Ross

... When Americans think of a “school shooting”, places like Columbine, Sandy Hook, and Virginia Tech come to mind. These massacres have shaped our nation’s discussion of school safety, firearms, and the Second Amendment. ...

Too often, gun control advocates and 2A haters believe that they are the only ones concerned about gun violence. At the Oscars on Sunday night, attendees wore orange pins to protest and bring awareness to this issue. (News flash: everyone is anti-gun violence. Stop patting yourselves on the back.) ...

Since Parkland, another school shooting has taken place.

On March 2nd at Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, two individuals were shot and killed inside a dorm room. Obviously, this would fit the current definition of “school shooting.” What happened? James Eric Davis, Jr. shot and killed his parents, Eric Davis, Sr. and Diva Davis. The father was a part-time police officer in Chicago. He of course legally owned the firearm which, tragically, his son used to kill him.

Before the shooting, James Eric Davis, Jr. had been acting strangely. His parents believed that drug abuse was occurring and took him to a hospital just the day before their son ended their lives.

But no one is really talking about it.  ...

But what about African-American victims Eric and Diva Davis? ...

Why do some shootings matter to the country more than others? Why are some almost instantaneously forgotten? I propose that it has most everything to do with what best fits the current political narrative at the time of occurrence.  ...
Read entire article at RedState