Author Topic: Jeff Flake says he and Obama keep in touch  (Read 299 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jeff Flake says he and Obama keep in touch
« on: March 04, 2018, 04:01:56 pm »
Jeff Flake says he and Obama keep in touch
Washington Examiner, Mar 3, 2018, Daniel Chaitin

Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., says he and former President Barack Obama have kept in touch even after the Democrat left the White House.

"We talk," Flake said during a wide-ranging interview with Obama's former aide, David Axelrod on "The Axe Files," which aired Saturday evening on CNN.

"He called me after the shooting to make sure I was alright after I gave my speech," Flake continued. He didn't specify which shooting or which speech, but appeared to be referring to his speech in October of last year, weeks after a deadly mass shooting in Las Vegas, during which he announced that he would not seek re-election in 2018.

The conversation about Axelrod's former boss was prompted when he spotted a framed photograph in Flake's office that showed Flake and his family with Obama and then-first lady Michelle Obama. It appeared to be signed by both Obamas.

More: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/jeff-flake-says-he-and-obama-keep-in-touch/article/2650635

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Jeff Flake says he and Obama keep in touch
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 01:44:16 am »
Sounds about like what we might expect from you, Mr. "Flake"...

Offline Fantom

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 02:07:26 am »

Now ain't that special.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 02:16:36 am »
Sounds flaky
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.