Author Topic: No, Trump Isn’t Pushing To End Presidential Term Limits  (Read 373 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Jazz Shaw
Mar. 4, 2018

Excerpt:

Have you people lost your collective minds? I still remember all the talk about Bush Derangement Syndrome and Obama Derangement Syndrome, and sometimes those charges were thrown around with no signs of proportionality or restraint. But the trend emerging out of the Gridiron Dinner is the epitome of Trump Derangement Syndrome. Did any of you actually listen to the audio clip? Here it is, just in case you missed it.

The crowd is laughing. Trump is laughing. We don’t have the video, but just from the tone, you can see in your mind the image of the President with that smirk on his face which shows up when he’s baiting the media and his opponents. And he knows that you know it, but you’ll talk about it anyway. He thrives on that sort of thing and you feed into it by taking the bait every single time.

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2018/03/04/no-trump-isnt-pushing-end-presidential-term-limits/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: No, Trump Isn’t Pushing To End Presidential Term Limits
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 03:42:48 pm »
Hot Air
Jazz Shaw
Mar. 4, 2018

Excerpt:

Have you people lost your collective minds? I still remember all the talk about Bush Derangement Syndrome and Obama Derangement Syndrome, and sometimes those charges were thrown around with no signs of proportionality or restraint. But the trend emerging out of the Gridiron Dinner is the epitome of Trump Derangement Syndrome. Did any of you actually listen to the audio clip? Here it is, just in case you missed it.

The crowd is laughing. Trump is laughing. We don’t have the video, but just from the tone, you can see in your mind the image of the President with that smirk on his face which shows up when he’s baiting the media and his opponents. And he knows that you know it, but you’ll talk about it anyway. He thrives on that sort of thing and you feed into it by taking the bait every single time.

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2018/03/04/no-trump-isnt-pushing-end-presidential-term-limits/

The usual suspects are pulling the train right here in river city.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 04:10:16 pm »
The crowd is laughing. Trump is laughing. We don’t have the video, but just from the tone, you can see in your mind the image of the President with that smirk on his face which shows up when he’s baiting the media and his opponents.

And his opponents on both sides of the aisle never fail to grab the bait.   ^-^

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 04:11:28 pm »
The usual suspects are pulling the train right here in river city.

That's why I started this thread.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 04:57:51 pm »

A real twenty mule team!  giddy up!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 05:23:19 pm »

As in "Death Valley Days," with Ronald Reagan
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 06:53:13 pm »
As in "Death Valley Days," with Ronald Reagan

@truth_seeker
One of the great crimes in broadcasting is that more of the radio original of Death Valley Days didn't survive. In fact,
only three complete radio episodes are known to survive, which is a shame. (If you're an old-time radio buff, you'd be half
afraid to ask what happened to much of the rest of the run, especially if you know that---among others---a reported three
thousand transcription disks of the wry humour exercise Vic & Sade were destroyed by sponsor Procter & Gamble
after the end of World War II, as compared to both S.C. Johnson and then Pet, Inc. saving just about every last recording
of Fibber McGee & Molly and Jack Benny himself making sure his radio broadcasts were recorded and saved, to name
two.)

It's not easily remembered today, but Ronald Reagan only hosted the television Death Valley Days for a short time,
1963-65, after the departure of the original television Old Ranger, Stanley Andrews---when the producers decided it was
time to bring in a younger host. Andrews was the Old Ranger from 1952, when the television version premiered, through
1963. He was probably best known previously for playing Daddy Warbucks on the radio version of Little Orphan Annie.
Reagan left Death Valley Days to gear up to run for governor of California; after Andrews's departure, the host/narrator
of the television show appeared as himself or herself (Rosemary DeCamp stepped in for a short while after Reagan's
departure), not as the "Old Ranger."

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 07:30:51 pm »
Former US president Ronald Reagan was famous for his gaffes.

His most noted came in 1984, at the height of the Cold War.

He said: "My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes."

https://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/06/06/1086460157435.html
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WingNot

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 09:58:03 pm »
Former US president Ronald Reagan was famous for his gaffes.

His most noted came in 1984, at the height of the Cold War.

He said: "My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes."

https://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/06/06/1086460157435.html

Along those lines and about that time frame I was always fond of John The Songbird McCain's rendition of Barbara Ann .

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 12:59:37 am »
Thanks for the "20 mule team" pics!