Author Topic: Obama's work to discredit the Trump campaign was 'bigger than Watergate,' Trump tweets  (Read 308 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama's work to discredit the Trump campaign was 'bigger than Watergate,' Trump tweets
by Katelyn Caralle | Mar 5, 2018, 9:24 AM

President Trump questioned on Monday why the Obama administration began an investigation against his campaign before the November 2016 election, claiming the only purpose was to discredit the Trump campaign with no proof of wrongdoing.

The president also claimed the investigation, which he says was opened in order to get Hillary Clinton elected, was a bigger scandal than Watergate.

Trump’s tweet was also another attempt to distance himself from claims that he colluded with Russia, and to instead blame former President Barack Obama for not doing anything about Russian election meddling before the 2016 presidential elections. After the election, the Obama administration issued new sanctions, expelled Russian diplomats and closed two Russian diplomatic compounds in the U.S.

“Why did the Obama Administration start an investigation into the Trump Campaign (with zero proof of wrongdoing) long before the Election in November? Wanted to discredit so Crooked H would win. Unprecedented. Bigger than Watergate! Plus, Obama did NOTHING about Russian meddling,” Trump tweeted Monday morning.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obamas-work-to-discredit-the-trump-campaign-was-bigger-than-watergate-trump-tweets/article/2650677
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
“Why did the Obama Administration start an investigation into the Trump Campaign (with zero proof of wrongdoing) long before the Election in November? Wanted to discredit so Crooked H would win. Unprecedented. Bigger than Watergate! Plus, Obama did NOTHING about Russian meddling,” Trump tweeted Monday morning.

What meddling?  Why not answer whether you believe it?   

"He said he didn't meddle,” Trump afterward told reporters, aboard Air Force One. “He said he didn't meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times. I just asked him again. He said he absolutely did not meddle in our election. He did not do what they are saying he did."

"Every time he sees me he says, 'I didn't do that,' and I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it. But he says, 'I didn't do that.' I think he is very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country," also said Trump, who deflected answering a direct question about whether he believed Putin's denial.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/11/trump-believe-putin-when-told-me-face-to-face-didnt-meddle-in-elections.html
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 04:41:45 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.