Author Topic: 7 Incredible Results You'll Get From Walking 30 Minutes A Day  (Read 311 times)

rangerrebew

7 Incredible Results You'll Get From Walking 30 Minutes A Day
By Meghan Rabbitt January 11, 2018

Taking a walk a day is kind of like that proverbial apple: There's a good chance it'll keep the doctor away. From helping you lose weight and de-stress to lowering your blood pressure and reducing your risk of many chronic diseases—going for regular walks is one of the best and easiest things you can do for your health, says Melina B. Jampolis, MD, author of the new book The Doctor on Demand Diet. (Learn how to walk away from belly fat, heart disease, and diabetes with Prevention's Walk Your Way To Better Health.) "Walking is the number one exercise I recommend to most of my patients because it is very easy to do, requires nothing but a pair of tennis shoes, and has tremendous mental and physical benefits," she says. Here's what you can expect when you start walking for just 30 minutes every day, most days of the week.

https://www.prevention.com/fitness/benefits-walking-every-day?internal_recirc=outbrain_hp

Offline Applewood

Re: 7 Incredible Results You'll Get From Walking 30 Minutes A Day
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 04:26:10 pm »
Well, I go mall walking most mornings before the stores open, and I can attest to its health benefits.  I can't do more vigorous, aerobic exercises anymore, but after my cardiac arrest, the cardiologist insisted I exercise and walking was his recommendation.  The first time I tried, I could only walk a few feet before I would get winded.  Now I do around 5 miles.  Not a spectacular achievement for most people, but it is for a couch potato like me.  And walking has been beneficial to my heart and related health issues such as diabetes and high blood pressure. 

I can also attest to the mental health benefits.  Several weeks ago, Ii was going through a stressful, bad time.  Walking helped to ease the stress and give me a clear head to make the decisions I needed to make.  Really does remove the mental clutter.